Quantcast
24 Hour driving suspension - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 24 Hour driving suspension

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by calgary403

B.) was not proven.

Thus while he is expressing his displeasure.

Sometimes I drive over to a buddy's house and drink. I always spend the night.

But if we are standing on his patio or even his front steps and my car is in the driveway does this mean I'm guilty of a driving offense?

Does it somehow make me guilty if I speak to the officer in a way he doesn't like?
    None of them were actually 'proven', but I guarantee they are all true.

Are you telling me they drove somewhere to skateboard, then were going to skateboard home and leave their cars because they were smoking weed? Uhm... no.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    TL

Originally posted by JustGo

Are you telling me they drove somewhere to skateboard, then were going to skateboard home and leave their cars because they were smoking weed? Uhm... no.
    You should become a lawyer

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by FraserB

Is it really worth it to lip someone off for a few minutes when the consequence will just be more hassle to you in the long run? 99% of the time if you are not a cock to the officer you won't have him looking for ways to make your life miserable.
    Life lesson kids...

When faced with a powertripping thug pig, you gotta get on your knees and enjoy the cockmeat sandwich or they'll aim for the other hole. Your choice.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Hopefully not someone with a cameraphone if you gotta fellate them just to get on with your day...
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

Originally posted by 1barA4

Life lesson kids...

When faced with a powertripping thug pig, you gotta get on your knees and enjoy the cockmeat sandwich or they'll aim for the other hole. Your choice.

yes because that is exactly what he is trying to say, perfect.

If you are just POLITE to an officer and not a dickhead he will likely be nicer to you.

Whether you like it or not, the dude holding the badge and gun is in charge, so in this case where the kids are being arrogant asshole to the cop, he tows there car. If its legal or not, doesnt really matter now, the guy is without a car regardless and now he has a huge headache to deal with either way.
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

Why are there cars involved? I thought they were skateboarding?

Fill in some blanks here.
    Vettel's #1

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by chkolny541

yes because that is exactly what he is trying to say, perfect.

If you are just POLITE to an officer and not a dickhead he will likely be nicer to you.

Whether you like it or not, the dude holding the badge and gun is in charge, so in this case where the kids are being arrogant asshole to the cop, he tows there car. If its legal or not, doesnt really matter now, the guy is without a car regardless and now he has a huge headache to deal with either way.
    Facetiously, yes, that is what he was trying to say.

Right or wrong, you HAVE to be polite to the guy with the gun. Ergo, vis a vis, concordantly...even if the officer is being unreasonable, take the cockmeat sandwich and say "Thank you sir, can I have some more?"

Based on the fact that you're ok with the cop towing his ride for "being an arrogant asshole" as opposed to actually breaking a law, you are agreeing with my tongue-in-cheek description.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Life lesson kids...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Hopefully not someone with a cameraphone if you gotta fellate them just to get on with your day...
    Good points!

Next time I'm talking to a "pig", I'll be an absolute douche bag, get my car towed and a few hundred in tickets. And then bitch about it because they are just supposed to take any and all abuse from people with shit attitudes and no respect for other people.

The side of the road isn't the place to argue with a cop about the interpretation of the law, all that will get you is a bunch of problems that affect you at that moment and then more down the road.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Facetiously, yes, that is what he was trying to say.

Right or wrong, you HAVE to be polite to the guy with the gun. Ergo, vis a vis, concordantly...even if the officer is being unreasonable, take the cockmeat sandwich and say "Thank you sir, can I have some more?"

Based on the fact that you're ok with the cop towing his ride for "being an arrogant asshole" as opposed to actually breaking a law, you are agreeing with my tongue-in-cheek description.
    If they could prove the tow, impound and suspension were all unreasonable then they will have them dropped in court and their costs returned. If there was no proof of them doing drugs and they agreed to leave when they were asked to and provided their ID, they probably would not have gotten into as much trouble as they did. There is a time and place for you to fight actions you think are unfair and that is in court.

Originally posted by JustGo

It's a good thing we live in a country where suspicion alone is not enough for a conviction.

I have no idea what they were intending to do that day.

Maybe there was one of them who wasn't high and was the designated driver?

Maybe they were going to be at the skate-park for 5-6 hours and just smoked when they arrived?

Do you think it's fair to ticket someone for something they "hypothetically" might do?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying these kids were innocent. If the officer were to ticket them for public intoxication or for possession or something they actually WERE doing I would be behind the officer 100%

But being disrespectful to an officer (although it is a dumb move) shouldn't be grounds for them to ticket you for something you HAVE NOT done.
    BOOOOOya!!!

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Don't get me wrong, i'm certainly not saying suspicion is enough for a conviction. I am saying, however, that the chances they would drive somewhere to skateboard, smoke weed, then have a plan to 'get home safely', is a very, very highly unlikely scenario. Just from personal experience, pot smokers rarely do the designated driver thing.

Originally posted by J-WESS

I am not trying to be one sided, I truly believe that if someone is in the wrong they should be punished for it. The one guy is working really hard to get on with the RCMP and he quit smoking that stuff over a year ago. If this 24 hour stays on his abstract he won't be able to get into the RCMP academy. I just spoke to one of the guys and he spoke to a lawyer and is appealing it.
    A 24hr suspension does not stay on your record. It is on CPIC for a day, and that's it.
    Also, mere suspicion of someone driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is enough to warrant a 24hr suspension. I don't see how it could be applicable in this case, though, since they were clearly not operating a motor vehicle or in care or control of one.....
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    maybe your car is trying to tell u to stop ricing it out...u know, in its own little way.
    Originally posted by b_t
    I draw a pentragram on my garage floor, sacrifice a lamb on it, spread the blood everywhere, and park my car there overnight. I tried praying, but it didn't work, so pagan rituals it is.

But then again, thats because I drive a DSM. I personally have found my car very reliable, but thats because I get lamb at a good price.

Originally posted by mikey_mo_love

A 24hr suspension does not stay on your record. It is on CPIC for a day, and that's it.
    Also, mere suspicion of someone driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is enough to warrant a 24hr suspension. I don't see how it could be applicable in this case, though, since they were clearly not operating a motor vehicle or in care or control of one.....
    Just to clarify what would be considered "care and control?"

I always thought you had to be INSIDE the vehicle with the keys in your possession?
    BOOOOOya!!!

Just to clarify what would be considered "care and control?"

I always thought you had to be INSIDE the vehicle with the keys in your possession?
    You just have to be in the driver's seat of the vehicle.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    maybe your car is trying to tell u to stop ricing it out...u know, in its own little way.
    Originally posted by b_t
    I draw a pentragram on my garage floor, sacrifice a lamb on it, spread the blood everywhere, and park my car there overnight. I tried praying, but it didn't work, so pagan rituals it is.

But then again, thats because I drive a DSM. I personally have found my car very reliable, but thats because I get lamb at a good price.

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

It's a good thing we live in a country where suspicion alone is not enough for a conviction.

I have no idea what they were intending to do that day.

Maybe there was one of them who wasn't high and was the designated driver?

Maybe they were going to be at the skate-park for 5-6 hours and just smoked when they arrived?

Do you think it's fair to ticket someone for something they "hypothetically" might do?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying these kids were innocent. If the officer were to ticket them for public intoxication or for possession or something they actually WERE doing I would be behind the officer 100%

But being disrespectful to an officer (although it is a dumb move) shouldn't be grounds for them to ticket you for something you HAVE NOT done.
    I've been corrected by the Beyond Back-the-Blue-Brigade -- You are supposed to be polite, ingratiating and deferential to our gun-toting overlords. Accept any tickets (regardless of what they are for, trumped up or otherwise) thank them for it, and know that you did your part to make your overlord's day a little bit easier.

Then "fight" the tickets, for a reduction not a dismissal, and pay the remaining portion of the Cop-imposed tax.

I have a lot of respect for the officers that actually do their jobs and don't power trip on it -- I know quite a few. The others, that just like to throw their weight around, should go back to bouncing at the titty bars.

My Ride
    scooooter

I really believe it was a power tripping cop because as the tow trucks were about to tow the cars a third friend showed up to skateboard with them and the cop had his car towed and handed him a 24 hour as well with no reasoning.

An interesting fact, if you are given a 24 hour for drugs you cannot dispute it. You could only dispute it if the 24 hour was given for alcohol.

So a THIRD car got towed as well?

Why the fuck is this cop still on the force?
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by J-WESS
    I really believe it was a power tripping cop because as the tow trucks were about to tow the cars a third friend showed up to skateboard with them and the cop had his car towed and handed him a 24 hour as well with no reasoning.

An interesting fact, if you are given a 24 hour for drugs you cannot dispute it. You could only dispute it if the 24 hour was given for alcohol.
    Why would you dispute it anyways? By the time your dispute is heard, the suspension is over and there is no lasting record of it. The punishment would already be served as well. It would be a waste of time to dispute a 24 hour suspension. Just be glad your buddies got caught when they did before driving home, when they could have been caught and charged criminally with impaired. There is no doubt in my mind that they were planning on driving home.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

So.. to sum this up..

1) 3 Guys DRIVE to a skate park in 3 DIFFERENT cars.
    2) Cop shows up, see's they're stoned.
    3) Cop makes reasonable assumption that stoned kids are probably going to drive home after toking and skating.
    4) Cop issues 24 hour suspension of license and tows the cars to ENSURE the 3 guys don't get DUIs, permanent records, and possibly kill someone.

It's pretty obvious to me that the guys got off pretty lucky, and it's also obvious to me that the cop did exactly right by ENSURING that the toking skaters weren't going to be driving home intoxicated, thereby putting everyone else at risk.

So, in short, to the Cop, and to the OP for complaining about it. People who essentially plan to drive intoxicated should have their licenses revoked for a year, not just 24 hours.
    Last edited by codetrap; 06-17-2011 at 11:50 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I've been corrected by the Beyond Back-the-Blue-Brigade -- You are supposed to be polite, ingratiating and deferential to our gun-toting overlords. Accept any tickets (regardless of what they are for, trumped up or otherwise) thank them for it, and know that you did your part to make your overlord's day a little bit easier.
    You're free to do whatever you want. You're certainly free to tell the police to go fuck themselves, and you can find out how well that works for you.

With varying degrees of forcefulness, I think that all the people are trying to communicate is that being a jerk with a cop, even if he's completely wrong, is not likely to improve your situation. On the other hand, being polite and reasonable with the officer will sometimes improve your situation beyond what you actually deserve. It rarely works the other way.

If you don't want to be respectful and you want to tell the cop what you think of him and his job and all of that stuff, go ahead. You just won't get much sympathy when you come and complain that the cop was a jerk back to you.

I don't even see this as an issue to do with cops - this applies to all areas of life. The cliche is a cliche because it's often true: 'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'. I don't know why a person wants flies... but you get the point.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by dexlargo
    You're free to do whatever you want. You're certainly free to tell the police to go fuck themselves, and you can find out how well that works for you.

With varying degrees of forcefulness, I think that all the people are trying to communicate is that being a jerk with a cop, even if he's completely wrong, is not likely to improve your situation. On the other hand, being polite and reasonable with the officer will sometimes improve your situation beyond what you actually deserve. It rarely works the other way.

If you don't want to be respectful and you want to tell the cop what you think of him and his job and all of that stuff, go ahead. You just won't get much sympathy when you come and complain that the cop was a jerk back to you.

I don't even see this as an issue to do with cops - this applies to all areas of life. The cliche is a cliche because it's often true: 'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'. I don't know why a person wants flies... but you get the point.
    Because a dead fly floating in honey is better than a live fly cruising through your house. That's why you catch flies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast