Official 2011-2012 NHL Thread - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 NHL Thread

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

And now Carlyle's been fired and replaced with Boudreau haha

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381670

DUCKS FIRE CARLYLE AND NAME BOUDREAU NEW HEAD COACH

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Anaheim Ducks fired coach Randy Carlyle late Wednesday night and hired former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau, who was dismissed by the Capitals just two days earlier.

The Ducks made the abrupt move after beating Montreal 4-1 on Wednesday night for the club's third victory in 19 games, snapping a seven-game skid.

Carlyle coached the Ducks to their only Stanley Cup title in 2007, but struggled to get his talented club's attention this season. Carlyle agreed to a three-year contract extension through the 2013-14 season in August, but Anaheim got off to a perplexing 7-13-4 start.

"Randy is a terrific head coach, and did a tremendous job for us for six-plus seasons," Anaheim general manager Bob Murray said. "We thank him greatly for his hard work and dedication to our franchise, not the least of which was a Stanley Cup championship. At this time, we simply felt a new voice was needed. Bruce is a proven winner with a great track record, and we are optimistic we can turn this season around under his leadership."

Carlyle is the fourth NHL coach to be fired in the young season, and the third this week. Paul Maurice was also dismissed on Monday by the Carolina Hurricanes.

Davis Payne was let go by the St. Louis Blues on Nov. 6.

Anaheim cleaned house Wednesday, also firing assistant coaches Dave Farrish and Mike Foligno and video co-ordinator Joe Trotta. The Ducks hired Brad Lauer as an assistant coach to Boudreau, and will add another assistant soon.

Boudreau will run the Ducks' practice on Thursday before his formal introduction. Anaheim hosts Philadelphia on Friday night.

Carlyle has the most coaching wins in Ducks history, and he was behind Anaheim's bench for many of the 1993 expansion franchise's biggest moments. He has coached the Ducks since August 2005, taking over for Mike Babcock and compiling a 273-182-6 record as the seventh head coach in club history.

Carlyle led Anaheim to the post-season in five of his first six seasons, winning more playoff games during that stretch than any coach except Babcock in Detroit. But Anaheim won just one playoff round in the past four seasons since winning the Cup, losing to fifth-seeded Nashville in the first round last season.

Boudreau took a new job less than 72 hours after getting fired from a remarkably similar situation in Washington, which dropped him Monday after the Capitals' slow start with a talented roster that's had little recent playoff success.

Boudreau led Washington to four consecutive division titles and one Presidents' Trophy while winning 201 games in just four years on the job, but the Caps' lack of playoff success doomed him when they slumped following a 7-0 start to this season.

He never got past the second round.

The Ducks will be in for a major change in styles from the sometimes-crusty Carlyle to the personable Boudreau, nicknamed "Gabby" for his garrulous style.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

NHL going to 4 conference setup next season...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382065

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I like the idea of playing the teams outside your conference once at home and once on the road.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Booooooo

Flames vs. Nucks only happens 5 times a season (every other year)

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Interesting. Seems alright I guess.

Going back to the old system, eh?

Interesting... playoff rivalries will be renewed, for sure.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Conference D is STACKED.

Shit just got real.

Smythe, Norris, Adams and Patrick. DONE!

My Ride
    a tank

i am guessing the 2 conferences with 7 teams will soon have a spot for an additional one. 1 or 2 more Canadian teams here we come
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

There are downsides to the 4 new conferences, but there would be to anything that was decided on. I'm ok with where the Jets sit and like the fact that we'll see each team at least once.

I dislike the fact that in 2 conferences 7 teams compete for 4 playoff spots while in the other 8 teams compete for 4 spots. Seems unfair.

Yeah, I don't see why they don't want to move one of Detroit or Columbus over to one of the "East" conferences? Columbus would be ideal because they don't have any rivalries, whereas Detroit and Chicago has been pretty good lately.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Quizzes
    Yeah, I don't see why they don't want to move one of Detroit or Columbus over to one of the "East" conferences? Columbus would be ideal because they don't have any rivalries, whereas Detroit and Chicago has been pretty good lately.
    Detroit wanted to be in Central. The playoff format will be addressed in the spring.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

When you revert back to the old system, you might as well revert back the names too.....adam, patrick, norris, Smythe, Wales and campbell

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by flipstah

Detroit wanted to be in Central.
    and judging by the way games are officiated, what Detroit wants, Detroit gets.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

The Jets knock off the Bruins!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Kaberle floats to Montreal:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382331

CANADIENS ACQUIRE KABERLE FROM HURRICANES FOR SPACEK

The Montreal Canadiens acquired defenceman Tomas Kaberle from the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday in exchange for defenceman Jaroslav Spacek.

This season, Kaberle has nine assists in 29 games with the Hurricanes, including four points in his last two games. With Andrei Markov on injured reserve after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery, Kaberle may be called upon to help out with the power play.

Upon hearing of the trade Friday morning, Kaberle said he was shocked to hear the news but welcomed a trade back to a Canadian city where hockey is the #1 sport.

After a lengthy career with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Kaberle was dealt to Boston last season and helped the Bruins win a Stanley Cup.

Spacek is currently on injured reserve with an upper-body injury but could be ready to return this weekend. Spacek will be back playing with former Canadiens assistant coach Kirk Muller, who is now the head coach in Carolina.

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Kaberle with two assists, he's such a stud but Carolina's management team is a bunch of retards

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

Another coach gone.

Terry Murray from LA. How has Columbus not fired their coach yet?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=606089

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by rumeo
    Kaberle with two assists, he's such a stud but Carolina's management team is a bunch of retards
    Yup, because they have gone to the cup finals twice and won it once in the last 10 years. When was the last time Canucks......

Oh and they traded away a "stud" in Kaberle to aother management team thats even more retarded....

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast