Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 NHL Thread - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 NHL Thread

My Ride
    BMW X5

Anyone know what (if any) channel the new series NHL36 airs on in Canada?

Mtl with a shake up... Matin gone as Head Coach
    Cheers,
    -Ding

Originally posted by derek_k

Tough guy eh, come at me bro, ya that's my name, ask your girlfriend for a description
    ^^

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Turris traded to Ottawa

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382972

COYOTES TRADE TURRIS TO SENATORS

The occasionally stormy tenure of Kyle Turris in the desert has come to an end.

The Phoenix Coyotes have traded Turris to the Ottawa Senators.

In return, Phoenix has received defenceman David Rundblad and a second-round draft pick.

Turris, who was a restricted free agent after last season, was unable to come to terms on a new deal with the Coyotes over the summer and held out for the first six weeks of the season. Turris finally returned to the team after signing a two-year, $2.8 million deal on Nov. 22.

The 22-year-old native of New Westminster, B.C. has appeared in six games for the Coyotes since signing, but has not registered a point. In 65 games last season in Phoenix, Turris posted 11 goals and 14 assists.

He was drafted by Phoenix with the third overall pick in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Rundblad has scored one goal and three assists and is a minus-11 in 24 games with the Senators this season. He was originally drafted 17th overall by the St. Louis Blues in 2009.

The Senators acquired Rundblad at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft in exchange for their first-round pick in that darft.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

For Rundblad and a 2nd! Good trade for Phoenix.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Darryl Sutter is taking over as head coach of the Kings

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Guess it's as good as official now. I hope he does well behind the bench again.

Jan 14th, Sutter vs Sutter!

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Pierre Gauthier should be fired, not Martin.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Wondered which team was gonna be the next landing spot for Sutter.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Not that there was any doubt, but it's official now:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=383174

KINGS NAME DARRYL SUTTER NEW HEAD COACH

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Kings have made it official and named Darryl Sutter as their new head coach.

Today's announcement ended a week of speculation that Sutter would take over for interim coach John Stevens, who replaced fired coach Terry Murray on Dec. 12.

The delay in announcing his hiring was reportedly due to immigration issues.

Kings general manager Dean Lombardi had Sutter as his coach in San Jose from 1997 until he was fired in 2002.

Sutter's last coaching job was with the Calgary Flames but he stepped down in 2006 to focus on being the team's general manager.

He stepped down as Flames GM a year ago.

Sutter will make his debut with the Kings on Thursday when Los Angeles hosts the Anaheim Ducks.

Irving is the Flames' Cory Schneider?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Surprise, surprise... The Sudin sister does shit.

^^ Yeah what a pussy. SEdin (if you're going to rip a guy, at least make yourself look a LITTLE intelligent by spelling the name right) should have two handed Joe across the ankle and then dropped the gloves, jerseyed him, and pummeled with a bunch of lefts and rights...right in front of the ref. All because Joe does a half-hearted face wash.
    Boy, you would sure be easy an guy to draw into a penalty.

And of course McGinn's two head whiplash/flop/dive's when he was never even touched by the stick, but drew two Sharks PP's, with a goal scored on one, were just wise hockey moves... but if it was a Canucks player that did the same thing, then they're pussies/divers...

Typical fuckin armchair quarterback assessments.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 12-29-2011 at 10:00 AM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I was expecting Sedin to bite Joe's finger, boy was I disappointed.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    ^^ Yeah what a pussy. SEdin (if you're going to rip a guy, at least make yourself look a LITTLE intelligent by spelling the name right)
    Whoops, sorry! Watching the video till the end would've solved that, but the Sudin sister doesn't even deserve a correction.

I will correct it when he goes a pair.

My Ride
    is wild

He was just letting him smell his brothers vag, showing him (and anyone watching) what a pussy he is

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Originally posted by m10-power
    He was just letting him smell his brothers vag, showing him (and anyone watching) what a pussy he is
    Big Joe likes to finger-bang Sedin's vag?? .......ew.
    Didn't know he swung that way.

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Big Joe likes to finger-bang Sedin's vag?? .......ew.
    Didn't know he swung that way.
    Probably using prison rules, when they are that big of a pair of pussies he obviously gets his way with them.

If you read the sedin's lips I think he was saying I know what his vag smells like Joe...

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Realignment denied by the NHLPA (at least for 2012-2013). Even in sports, unions suck.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384427

NHL'S REALIGNMENT PLAN ON HOLD AFTER NHLPA REJECTS CHANGES

NEW YORK -- A dramatic re-imagining of the NHL has been blocked by the players' union.

The league's planned realignment to change from six divisions to four conferences for next season had been approved by the board of governors in December pending input from the NHL Players' Association.

But in a statement Friday the league said the union would not allow the change to be made and that the NHL will maintain its current alignment and playoff format for the 2012-13 season.

Deputy commissioner Bill Daly said the league was unable to address the union's unspecified concerns with the change.

"It is unfortunate that the NHLPA has unreasonably refused to approve a plan that an overwhelming majority of our clubs voted to support, and that has received such widespread support from our fans and other members of the hockey community, including players," Daly said in the statement.

"We believe the union acted unreasonably in violation of the league's rights. We intend to evaluate all of our available legal options and to pursue adequate remedies, as appropriate."

The off-season relocation of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg in June forced the NHL to reconsider its divisional structure.

The new plan tried to address teams' travel concerns, as well as guarantee home-and-home series for every team and change the league's playoff format.

Shortly after the plan was approved, commissioner Gary Bettman said the NHLPA had expressed concerns but that the league didn't need the union to sign off on the changes.

The plan was to have two conferences with seven teams all based in the Eastern time zone: New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Washington and Carolina in one and Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Florida and Tampa Bay in the other.

The third conference consisted of eight teams in the Eastern and Central time zones: Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago, Minnesota, Dallas and Winnipeg.

The fourth conference had eight teams in the Mountain and Pacific time zones: Los Angeles, Anaheim, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Colorado.

Players reacted warmly to the changes in December, but some expressed concern with the increased travel during the regular season.

The uneven conferences, which featured two made up of eight teams and seven teams in the other two, was also contested since the number of teams qualifying for the playoffs would have been four in each conference.

"Personally, I'd like to have the same shot at making the playoffs as everybody else," Flames winger Alex Tanguay said at the time. "If you're in one of those conference that has eight teams, it's definitely going to be much tougher than (those with) seven teams to make the playoffs.

"I don't know how they can make that work. I'm sure there's a solution."

The union's move to block the plan won't be welcomed in Winnipeg, with the Jets facing another travel-heavy year in the Southeast Division.

The team had no comment on the delayed realignment plans when contacted by The Canadian Press.

It also sets an uneasy tone to the start of labour talks, which were expected to begin after the all-star weekend later this month but are essentially underway now.

The collective bargaining agreement is set to expire Sept. 15.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I thought this was interesting (although it was for last year):

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsda.../salaries/team

Yikes.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast