Quantcast
Vancouver... what a classy city - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Vancouver... what a classy city

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by ercchry
    logic says, no canucks in final no riot...
    or ppl couldnt afford a canucks jersey in 1994, nowadays you can get sports jersey lookalikes at wallyworld for $10

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-03-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Too bad Kloubek, you wear the jersey, you're one of 'them' in the eyes of the majority.

It's too bad, but that's how it is.

I never looked at Canuck fans the same after '94... this just makes my dislike that much greater.

Maybe find a new team to support, one that isn't propped up by some of the biggest fucktards in the world.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

If you look at some of the areas the street are already cleaned up, minus the windows. FANS have come out to help clean the streets.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by kvg
    If you look at some of the areas the street are already cleaned up, minus the windows. FANS have come out to help clean the streets.
    yeah... FANS of the city that they live in, not fans of hockey... thats like saying all black people are criminals

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by masoncgy
    I never looked at Canuck fans the same after '94... this just makes my dislike that much greater.

Maybe find a new team to support, one that isn't propped up by some of the biggest fucktards in the world.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

How much do you think gas masks and other proffesional protester gear costs them... getting a jersy or shirt would seem like the logical thing to do if you wanted to blend in.
    So it's all a conspiracy?

They went out and bought Canucks Jersey's to start a riot because its fun?

It's more probable, that they bought Jersey's because they are fans, and when you mix alcohol to being let down, they turned into monsters.

If you think that this was all premeditated down to purchasing Canucks Jerseys to riot in, you need to give your head a shake

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by rage2
    It does because it pretty much was. CBC showed the cops helping her after the ppl left, she was pretty badly injured and had no idea WTF was going on.
    saw this article just now:

The Vancouver riot picture everyone's talking about
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    If you think that this was all premeditated down to purchasing Canucks Jerseys to riot in, you need to give your head a shake
    I agree actually. (Although I'm sure some planned and/or prepared themselves for a riot).

The ones wearing the Canucks shirts/jerseys are indeed fans, I'm sure. Whether they are true fans or just bandwagoners, who knows. I, for one, have certainly never suggested *none* of our fans are douches or were involved in the rioting.

Look guys - I understand that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. But when I see all this broad-brush painting going on, I feel it as a personal attack on myself... any nobody on here has more contempt for what happened down there than I do.

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

This guy is an idiot but he got quite a bit of footage..

people chanting "FUCK BOS-TON" while they smash the windows of a BMO in their own city......

Originally posted by Kloubek

I agree actually. (Although I'm sure some planned and/or prepared themselves for a riot).

The ones wearing the Canucks shirts/jerseys are indeed fans, I'm sure. Whether they are true fans or just bandwagoners, who knows. I, for one, have certainly never suggested *none* of our fans are douches or were involved in the rioting.

Look guys - I understand that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. But when I see all this broad-brush painting going on, I feel it as a personal attack on myself... any nobody on here has more contempt for what happened down there than I do.
    I'm starting to understand what you actually meant now.

They are not fans as in, not die hard fans, not the real people who stand up for Vancouver through thick and thin, the purists who love the sport and were sincerely crushed by the defeat.

They are the Hooligans, who show up to the games, if not only to get drunk and be thrown out to have a story to tell their co workers up on the rigs

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I'm for Van and I'm with Klubek. Molotov cocktail didn't appear out of thin air and torch cars. All of my friends out there are very embarrassed of their city right now.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Jeremiah

I'm starting to understand what you actually meant now.

They are not fans as in, not die hard fans, not the real people who stand up for Vancouver through thick and thin, the purists who love the sport and were sincerely crushed by the defeat.

They are the Hooligans, who show up to the games, if not only to get drunk and be thrown out to have a story to tell their co workers up on the rigs
    That's exactly what I mean. If someone truly cares about the team, then they probably care about the city as well and wouldn't do this shit. If you look at the people in these videos, they are almost all young men obviously looking to vent their angst - and I think Vancouver losing was just the catalyst they needed to gain popular sport among their peers.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Originally posted by ArjayAquino
    This guy is an idiot but he got quite a bit of footage..

His comments in response to people calling him a bdag are good, I bet you a ton of people who were out last night wrecking shit probably don't even want to admit to it because the majority of general public will call them out on it.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

How much do you think gas masks and other proffesional protester gear costs them... getting a jersy or shirt would seem like the logical thing to do if you wanted to blend in.
    Outside of the VDP I didn't see anyone with and "professional rioting gear" and there was a lot of images and video to go around. They must be ninja rioters to not have been caught on video by someone.

Please show images of these gas masked pros.

Unfortunately a small percentage of the fan base, drunk and pissed off about the loss resorted to absolute stupidity. Mob mentality ensued and a lot of stupid things were done that I am sure, or at least hope, many felt badly about later. Either way they did it and hope they get caught and atone for their actions.

That video of the girls is sick. They are trying to protect their property and assholes just come from every where to damage the car regardless of the owners being around. Too boot no one there even tries to help them. Whether they were true Canuck fans or just bandwagon fans the vast majority of them live in the Vancouver area and to have that much disrespect for your city and other people is shameful.

Obviously, these young punks don't do it on a normal basis but when your team loses anything goes apparently.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Kloubek

That's exactly what I mean. If someone truly cares about the team, then they probably care about the city as well and wouldn't do this shit. If you look at the people in these videos, they are almost all young men obviously looking to vent their angst - and I think Vancouver losing was just the catalyst they needed to gain popular sport among their peers.
    Yea we know that but mob mentality usually takes over in situations like this. People just want to start shit. If violence is met with violence, I'm sure the crowd would have dispersed quickly but of course this isn't a 3rd world country, you just can't go mowing people over like we do in China.
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Good to know that the picture of the girl and guy in the street isn't what it was rumored to be (rape or sexual assualt)... makes the picture that much better.

Hahahaha someone bragging on facebook about taking part in the riots. Hope he gets arrested.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/dumbassa.jpg/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brock-...68759103187273

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by kvg
    I'm for Van and I'm with Klubek. Molotov cocktail didn't appear out of thin air and torch cars.
    it doesn't take any planing to make a molotov.. a liquor store or a gas station is all you need. the videos i saw where fires where started usually random crap was on fire and thrown through a broken window

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast