Quantcast
Official Canucks 2011-2012 Thread - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Canucks 2011-2012 Thread

^ I herd roumors of this.

BTT (see what I did there?)

My Ride
    NC1

Yo Canuck fan, we would have given you Tim Jackman for Cody Hodgson. What up there? The kid wanted out or what?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nissan 200SX

Originally posted by max_boost
    Yo Canuck fan, we would have given you Tim Jackman for Cody Hodgson. What up there? The kid wanted out or what?
    Poor trade on our behalf... 1st round pick our organization worked very hard on only to trade away for less than desireable players as soon as he was starting to really produce and mesh with the rest of the team...

... fucking idiotic if you ask me.

Canucks management is still stuck on this belief that we need more grit and aggression... I don't buy it.

We just raded away the potential rookie of the year...

I dunno. I mean, I loved watching Hodgson play. Seemed to gel good. But he was only playing around 10 minutes per game. Also, Canucks really don't have any grit or size. Look how guys like Thornton pushed his weight around, and no one to speak of to push back.
    Kassian is a 6'3, 220 pounder with an attitude as well. Let's not forget he's no slouch. He went in the 1st round and playing decent in the minors.
    Along with that we get another good sized D-man, and lets face it, we weren't too deep in the defense department when a couple of inuries crept up. (ie; Salo and others during playoffs).
    Hodgson is great, but I don't think the trade was a bad one.

The scouts that report on these players have seen them play hundreds of times. They know their personality, their strengths. All we know is who we see playing on HNIC. As well, all we are are amateurs sitting on a couch.

Besides the fact that management has currently put together a team that is where they are today. I think they're doing a pretty good job.

The flames on the other hand.....

Last edited by C_Dave45; 02-28-2012 at 09:05 AM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So - there you have if folks. Regular season is over, and 2nd President's Trophy in a row!

Let's hope the end result in the playoffs is one game better than last year.

For the record, here is how the Canucks finished in stats. (And the stats are not as impressive as last year):

P%: 1st
    Goals per game: 5th
    Goals Against: 4th
    PP: 4th
    PK: 6th
    Faceoffs: 3rd

Good luck boys - make me proud! (Because, of course, they're Beyond members and are gonna read this...)

Wow. Two years in a row. Tough accomplishment. Will be exciting playoffs to say the least. I honestly don't think they'll do it, only because so much depends on the hockey gods. It's like a good poker player. To win a tournament you need some luck. Same with the Stanley Cup playoffs. A series/game is often decided by one or two bounces.

But it sure is nice watching your team in the playoffs!!

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I think they have as strong a chance as any - but you're right... the odds are against them. But then - the odds are against every team, and *someone* ends up winning it.

I think Vancouver is a more rounded team, but not as explosive as last year. I think they are built to last better in the playoffs, but aren't so much "shock and awe" as what carried them to game 7 last year. Maybe that means less chance of a crash and burn like last year as well. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

I also think that there are more strong teams this year. Both the West and East have 3 or 4 teams I could see contend for the cup. Last year, each side had maybe a couple.

I'm stoked!

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

SO HOMESICK TODAY

Been in Indonesia for the last 2 months, just catching up on our team's progress, sitting here in Bali watching highlights on youtube LOL.

Ice is for drinks here, and that's about it.

Anyway, hope to be able to watch these games at whatever fucked up hour they're on. Drink a good Canadian beer for me while you watch!

DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    NC1

I hate the Canucks but what can I say, two straight President's Trophy so gotta respect that. Arguably 3 of the top fowards in the game plus the best backup lol Fuckers!

I hope Dutter gets you guys again like in 04.

GO KINGS GO!
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    I hate the Canucks but what can I say, two straight President's Trophy so gotta respect that. Arguably 3 of the top fowards in the game plus the best backup lol Fuckers!

I hope Dutter gets you guys again like in 04.

GO KINGS GO!
    LOL...you wouldn't be alone: http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/10...te-the-canucks
    Funny article.

I remember back in the 70's with Kearns, Kurtenback, Boudrias, etc everyone just felt sorry for 'em.

Then the 80's, no one paid any attention to them. 82 was a fluke. Didn't face an over .500 team until the Islanders and went out 4 straight.

90's most liked 'em with players like Linden, McLean, Courtnall, Ronning. The 94 was a legit chance. One goal-post away!!!! (Good try, Lafayette)

And finishing top spot over 82 games two years in a row is an amazing feat. Sure it's not the cup. But obviously they're not there by chance. Will they ever win one? Who knows. But I'm enjoying the ride.

But now everybody hates 'em....make that HATES them!! lol.

Oh well...I've been a follower of them since they first played at the Coliseum. Grew up 5 blocks from home ice and played with and coached by many members.

I'll die a Canucks fan. I'd rather them be hated and be where they are now, than loved or pitied by everyone like in the old days.
    Last edited by C_Dave45; 04-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

Haha yea your assessment of them is bang on for sure lol

You look at the history between them, 89/94/04/08 when the Flames smoked them 7-1 in the final game of the year or 09 when we coughed up a 13pt lead for the division and ended up facing the Blackhawks :bangshead:, as a fan you remember that shit so vividly lol

Yep. Go Kings Go! LOL

A nyone
    B ut
    C anucks

I am user #49

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Even the 94 run was a bit of a fluke, imo. They had a good team, but were lucky to make it to the finals.

Last year our team was excellent, but obviously undersized and lacked grit compared to their competition. (Not unlike the year prior)

On paper, I think this is the best team we've ever had. But key players need to step it up in these playoffs... especially on the 2nd line and in goal.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Originally posted by C_Dave45

LOL...you wouldn't be alone: http://www.calgarysun.com/2012/04/10...te-the-canucks
    Funny article.
    I liked that article. My main hatred of the canucks has been from 5 years living on the coast as a flames fan. I've become so used to chirping my buddies and cheering against them so much that it's a habit now. Now that I've been away from Vic/Van for a few months I'm way less against them.

My Ride
    NC1

1-0 Kings

Even the fatty got the gwg lol

Go King Dutter Go!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

I love the Kings so much right now. They tweeted "To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome." after the game. So awesome.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._canucks_fans/
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    R6

training
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

This was compiled from the first 3 games of the Kings series. No, not his career. 3 games
    If the Flames employed a player like this I'd write, the coach, GM, President, owners and media.
    LOL he's an internet meme now too.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^ hahahaa!!! Some of those are so funny.

Yes, Kesler is quite the diver sometimes. I understand the desire to draw a penalty - but some of his antics are pretty frustrating to watch... even for this Vancouver fan.

HUGE game tonight. For anyone who is watching it: Keep in mind it starts early today.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    ^ hahahaa!!! Some of those are so funny.

Yes, Kesler is quite the diver sometimes. I understand the desire to draw a penalty - but some of his antics are pretty frustrating to watch... even for this Vancouver fan.

HUGE game tonight. For anyone who is watching it: Keep in mind it starts early today.
    Early? Isn't puck drop at 8:10?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast