Quantcast
Official List: 2011 Top 10 Sport Compacts - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Official List: 2011 Top 10 Sport Compacts

My Ride
    97 Supra tt

***General Eligibility Requirements Changes & Updates are in RED for 2012 ***

1. Vehicle must be owned by an Alberta resident or business. Vehicle must be registered and insured in the province of Alberta.
    2. Quarter mile pass must be completed on an Alberta quarter mile track. [Edmonton: Castrol Raceway, Medicine Hat: Medicine Hat Dragstrip, and Fairview/Drayton Valley/Grand Prairie.]
    3. A digital photo or scan of your time slip [JPG format], which clearly indicates the Track, Date and your cars time must be submitted. Handwritten slips will not be accepted, pray the printer is working.
    4. Video may also be used to submit your time IF a time slips is not available. [WMV format] Your video must clearly show the entire pass from start to finish and MUST clearly show the tower displaying both the MPH and the ET. In car video will not be suitable. Video alone may only be used in the case of cars running 11.49 or slower. All times quicker than 11.49 must have a valid time slip and back-up pass time slip or video.
    5. When you submit your time, please include your Car Make/Model/Year and the name/screen name you wish to have displayed in the list.

Additional Information:

1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline. Use of Race Gasoline and E-85 permitted. Water/Methanol Injection is permitted. Nitrous Oxide is Permitted. Alcohol is prohibited

2.Eligible cars must be streetable with the exception of tires. All variations of tire construction are permitted. Bias ply Slicks, Drag Radials or Street Radials. Any size DOT radial tire is permitted. Maximum size slick or DOT bias ply tire is 28.0” x 10.5”

3. Eligible engines (v8less) must be of an overhead cam (OHC) configuration. [exception: RX-7/8 Etc. Rotary]

4. All formats of drive, be it RWD, FWD or AWD are eligible for the list.

5 Chassis: All cars must retain complete stock chassis, floorboard, firewall, and frame rails3. Aftermarket “K” members are permitted. (no tub out cars though, fender rolling ok)

6.Suspension: All cars must utilize stock front and rear suspension and mounts. Aftermarket front control arms, rear control arms, and sub-frame connectors are permitted. Aftermarket struts and shocks are
    permitted. Ladder bars, four links, and wheelie bars are prohibited on all cars.

For the purpose of this list a Sport Compact is defined as follows:

Any vehicle with an OEM engine displacement less than 3.8L. [3,800cc or 231 cubic inches.] Cars with stroker kits are permitted, providing that they do not exceed the displacement cap. Example a stroked 370z would be ineligible. A 2.4L stroked to 2.6L would be eligible.

11.49 or quicker Pass Requirements:

1. A back-up pass is required for passes quicker than 11.49 seconds. Your quickest pass needs to be backed up by a secondary pass that is within 0.25 seconds of the quick pass ET. Example, a pass of 11.13 must be backed up with a second pass that is 11.38 or quicker. Back-up passes must occur within a 60 day period.
    Times submitted without a back-up pass will be allowed on the list, noted with an asterix, indicating that a back-up pass is yet to be completed. These times will be removed if a valid back-up pass is not submitted within the 60 day allowance.

*Calgary: Race City Motorsports Park is no longer open, so it is no longer on the list Alberta quarter mile tracks.
    * Further changes & updates could follow.

Thank you,
    Toby
    751HP HKS V-Pro, Tuned by: Justin Nenni

Why is e85 permitted but alcohol is not? How are you going to enforce that rule? Also, what's the reasoning behind disallowing the modifications listed under item 6? Is modification (clearancing) of the firewall allowed for engine swap or other purposes?
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    1997 Talon

X2
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 962 kid
    Why is e85 permitted but alcohol is not? How are you going to enforce that rule? Also, what's the reasoning behind disallowing the modifications listed under item 6? Is modification (clearancing) of the firewall allowed for engine swap or other purposes?
    So that the car that had previously been cheating to make it to the top of the list, could now be legal

Even though, it looks like E85 will never make it to Alberta pumps cause our climate.

So mixing alcohol with gasoline qualifies as E85 for the purposes of this list? This isn't a dis against Ron this time, legit question as we have customers interested in converting to true flex fuel, and since you cant actually buy E85 in Alberta, we would need to mix it as well. I know when we go race in street car classes in the US, though E85 is often legal, mixing your own is strictly prohibited.
    Last edited by Toma; 12-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride
    1997 Talon

Still crying I guess you can never make everyone happy
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Ron@Revolution
    Still crying I guess you can never make everyone happy
    Nope, just asking a question.

I won't bug you anymore.

As you recall, I was always the first to congratulate you. When all the V8 guys on the other forum were riding you, I was on your side etc....

It wasn't till your jealousy and underhanded comments surfaced on this thread, then I had enough of your ego, braggin, and hypocrisy.

Yes, your slags against the Pinto were subtle and you tried and paint them in an "innocent" light, but your intent was clear to anyone that even half knows you.

Honestly, I could care less what your car ran, or if it runs on ethanol, methanol, or Unobtanium.

Only reason I said anything was cause you were slagging a car that clearly fit the rules, when yours didn't.

Hypocrite.

But it's over now in celebration of the new season.

Good luck with your build.

My Ride
    1997 Talon

Toma I even asked Toby in the other thread on 780 if exluding 4 links would not allow the Pinto to run cause I thought he was running a 4-link? I would love to see the list as I suggested engine size and cylinder restriction and no other rules thats what I suggested, Toby came up with these rules on his own. As far as I'm concerned there should be two lists one fastest 4 cylinder, the other the fastest 6 cylinder list the only restriction is the car should be plated. Your the one that accused me of cheating when I talked to the person in charge of the list before switching to E85, and they had no problem with it. The said the "achool" rule was to keep a Meth drag motor off the list. You of all the people on it should know that I can make just as much power on VP Import 120+(oct) it just costs 4 times as much. My buddy Jeff has the fastest auto dsm went from E85 to Vp Import after running out of injector and picked up power, but the cost is stupid expensive. Sure a 9", trans breaked auto is like bringing a gun to a knife fight but I would welcome the challenge. The only one really that would suffer is the FWD guys that would never beable to compete against him. If they have no problem open this shit up Toby run what you brung and hope you brung enough. I personaly think there isn't enough fast 4 and 6 cylinder cars as it is and think the more rules you put the less people are going to step up.
    Last edited by Ron@Revolution; 12-12-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Wow. You could make a primetime soap out of these last posts
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Wow. You could make a primetime soap out of these last posts
    Yeah. LOL. That was just the first episode of the 2012 season...

My Ride
    You Crazy

A copy and from 780tuners that I wrote in response to Ron's post where he was trying to clarify some rules that seem "silly".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From memory when I did tech, these are NHRA rules, IHRA are the same, they just bump some of the ET's. Edmonton is IHRA, I believe Medicine Hat is NHRA. I'll put IHRA times in (brackets) if I know them....

Sounds to me like Edmonton tech maybe quite lax compared to the norm. I'm not a big fan of the complications invovled in legally running fast, but it is what it is.

At 13.5 you need a driveshaft safety loop.

at 11.99 (11.49) you need:
    Roll Bar (chassis mod/floor mod)
    Single Layer SFI Jacket
    SFI 5 Point Seat Belts/Harness (chassis mod/floor mod)
    SFI Scatter Shield or Bellhousing (potential firewall mod)
    SFI Clutch and Flywheel

at 10.99 you need:
    All the above plus
    SFI Harmonic Balancer
    SFI Axles
    SFI Transmission shield or SFI transmission case (potential floor mod)

at 9.99 (9.49) or 135mph, all the above plus,
    Full 8 point certified roll cage (chassis mod/floor mod)
    SFI Window Net
    Full dual layer driving suit, neck collar, gloves
    SFI Flexplate and Flexplate shield (potential firewall mod)
    Competition drivers license
    Master Battery cut off switch (rear mounted)

at 150 mph you need all the above plus:
    Parachute (chassis mod)

Making big power is EASY and CHEAP these days. Going fast safely and legally is where the hassle and serious mods come. It's why I've only run a handful of nines since my first one back like 12 years ago. Too much hassle, cuttin up the car for a proper/safe roll cage, window nets, competition license, bashing the firewall in my stang to fit a trans shield and flexplate shield.... plus I look like a blimp in a 2 layer fire suit lol

The way the new rules are written encourage running as fast as possible without the proper track mandated safety equipment.

Originally posted by Toma
    ... plus I look like a blimp in a 2 layer fire suit lol
    I just tipped the scale at 210 lbs. And it's not even Christmas yet. Fuck.

Theoretical question, I have the power, tire and chassis to run 10.0 this coming year but with my engine, trans, rear-end combination buying SFI certified crank pulley, clutch, flywheel, bellhousing just isn't feasible because NO-one makes them so I'm using stock parts or custom billet parts.

I would like to run 10.0 legal but it's looking like that just isn't possible?
    1987 Black Erebuni'd T-tops leather NA (soon to be 3sgte) Falken Azenis, soon to be much more
    http://www.3sgtemr2.com

No longer, RIP 06/20/2004

For the purpose of this list, all that shit is irrelevant. The problem is you'll get kicked off the track for even running close to that time with out the proper gear...

Especially now that Calgary is closed. Medicine Hat and Edmonton are pretty much a no bullshit kind of scenario. Calgary was pretty loosey goosey for cars that were, you know, high 11's or even low 11's. I ran low 11's several times and I don't have the proper gear to do so whilst meeting the NHRA or IHRA rulebook requirements. Fuck it. I'm not a drag racer, I don't have a drag car. I have a street car.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10