Quantcast
do you carry knife when you go out? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: do you carry knife when you go out?

Default do you carry knife when you go out?

Altercation leaves 2 with stab wounds
    CBC News Posted: Jun 26, 2011 2:06 PM MT Last Updated: Jun 26, 2011 2:06 PM MT
    Share with Add ThisPrint this storyE-mail this story
    Two people were stabbed during an altercation in Calgary early Sunday morning.

Police say a 24-year-old man was stabbed several times in the back on 8 Avenue, near Centre Street South.

He was taken to hospital where he remains in serious, non-life threatening condition.

A 22-year-old man was stabbed in the arm during the same altercation. He was taken to hospital in stable condition.

Police say the suspect, described as an Asian male, was seen fleeing the area on foot toward 9 Avenue.

Police say it is not clear if the incident is gang-related

Banff stabbing leaves 1 in serious condition
    CBC News Posted: Jun 26, 2011 12:15 PM MT Last Updated: Jun 26, 2011 12:15 PM MT
    One man is in serious condition in a Calgary hospital after he was stabbed at a night club in Banff early Sunday morning.

Police say the stabbing happened at about 1:45 a.m. MT.

A man who worked at the bar was stabbed numerous times during an alternation with a large group of people.

The victim was taken to a hospital in Calgary, where he remains in serious but stable condition.

Two suspects were arrested by police nearby after being identified by witnesses and bystanders. A third suspect was arrested a short time later.

No names have been released and charges have not been laid.

Police are asking any witnesses to contact Banff RCMP at 403-763-6600 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Ya, pack a shank twenfo-sen.

Just wondering... is it legal to carry a concealed knife? Or is it no different than carrying a concealed gun?

Yesterday, this fat old white guy (that I didn't know) went out of his way to push me with his elbow and told me to watch where I was going while I was walking around Prince's Island Park with my friend... I wasn't even anywhere near him

I gave a big "**** you" to him and he started yelling threats at me in broad daylight, heh heh. First time anything like this has happened to me.

It would be nice to be prepared in case anything gets out of hand
    http://www.youtube.com/jjianc/

i don't know if it's legal, but I wear my Buck knife on my belt when i'm camping or working in the field. it's amazing how handy that thing is when you're camping, or working. it's kinda funny cause I wouldn't even consider it when i'm in the city LOL

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Only criminals should be allowed to carry knives.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

I often carry one when I'm working or hiking, and really don't see the problem with someone carrying a small knife around - but when alcohol is involved the knife shouldn't be on their person.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

Originally posted by Rat Fink

I don't care who you are, if you go to a bar with a knife on you then at least some part of you is prepared to use one whether there is a good reason or not.

I don't carry a knife or any form of weapon on me. I used to hide a knife in my truck when I was trucking in case of a break-in. If some dude pulled a knife on me he better kill me right there because that is what I'll go for and I'll definately kill him.
    So basically you were prepared to use it if there was a good reason. Just saying that could be the case with someone who perhaps walks his dog in a shady area at night, or frequents shady nightclubs.

you are prepared to stab man?

Originally posted by Chojo
    Just wondering... is it legal to carry a concealed knife? Or is it no different than carrying a concealed gun?

Yesterday, this fat old white guy (that I didn't know) went out of his way to push me with his elbow and told me to watch where I was going while I was walking around Prince's Island Park with my friend... I wasn't even anywhere near him

I gave a big "**** you" to him and he started yelling threats at me in broad daylight, heh heh. First time anything like this has happened to me.

It would be nice to be prepared in case anything gets out of hand

I pack a dan bong. Used to pack a knife but everyone knows what a knife is. A little dan bong. No one has a clue lol.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Originally posted by rob the knob
    Banff stabbing leaves 1 in serious condition
    CBC News Posted: Jun 26, 2011 12:15 PM MT Last Updated: Jun 26, 2011 12:15 PM MT
    One man is in serious condition in a Calgary hospital after he was stabbed at a night club in Banff early Sunday morning.

Police say the stabbing happened at about 1:45 a.m. MT.

A man who worked at the bar was stabbed numerous times during an alternation with a large group of people.

The victim was taken to a hospital in Calgary, where he remains in serious but stable condition.

Two suspects were arrested by police nearby after being identified by witnesses and bystanders. A third suspect was arrested a short time later.

No names have been released and charges have not been laid.

Police are asking any witnesses to contact Banff RCMP at 403-763-6600 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
    I was in Banff last night and left Aurora which is pretty much next to Dancing Sasquatch where this happened at 1:47 and saw the aftermath of this. I think somebody else got stabbed too cause when we were walking back to the hotel, about a block down, there was another guy holding his leg, the front of his thigh was bleeding and blood all over the sidewalk too. The bouncers called for cops too.

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    A guy my roommate knows was stabbed a couple weeks ago in Lethbridge outside a bar. Apparently it all started over an argument about a spilled drink. Pretty classy people out there.
    Saw the aftermath of this one too, apparently the guy got kicked out of the bar, went to the alleyway to take a piss and got stabbed multiple times, if he wasn't a bigger guy, he woulda been dead. Stabber was apparently in a lifted F150 and cops found him like right away.

Originally posted by J-D
    I often carry one when I'm working or hiking, and really don't see the problem with someone carrying a small knife around - but when alcohol is involved the knife shouldn't be on their person.
    and of course there's a difference between carrying it as a tool and carrying it as a weapon. i've never had a reason or a desire to carry any weapon in my entire life LOL... that's adolescent street thug shit

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I do not believe it is illegal to carry a knife at all, as long it is not one that can open automatically. (Ie: switchblade)

The only thing is length restriction which comes into effect if it is concealed - where something with more than 3-4 inch blade is considered illegal to hide.

I used to carry a knife around with me all the time. Now I only have a 1 1/2 inch swiss army knife as a keychain... not exactly something that will strike fear in many men. Or women.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

anything under 6 inches is considered legal as long as its not concealed? Atleast thats what I heard. Do not quote me on it tho.

I know a lot of people who have the little one in their front or back pockets. The little metal handle sticks out of their pocket so you can see it.

I personally do not see the point in carrying one. If I did Id probably never use it. Just as if your carrying a gun and somebody robs you. If you have any common sense your not going to shoot them since youll just get in major shit. Same goes with the knife. I think its just something to make people feel comfortable that their "safe" and can defend them selves.

Its a grey area I think with this stuff.

The problem with a knife is as soon as you pull it shit gets serious no matter how big of a deal it was originally. If you just deal with it with your hands (which few people seem to do now adays) there is less of a chance of an escalation.

I carry my tool because of the retards who carry knives. If you come at me with fists I doubt I will use my tool, however you pull a knife it isnt fair for me to only have my fists. I have seen too many thugs with knives lately, thank god they dont know how to use them properly.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by Shlade
    anything under 6 inches is considered legal as long as its not concealed? Atleast thats what I heard. Do not quote me on it tho.
    I know a lot of people who have the little one in their front or back pockets. The little metal handle sticks out of their pocket so you can see it.
    if the whole knife or its sheath is not visible it is concealed

^ that is a good point to bring up (Cos). If someone starts a fist fight with you and you defend yourself with a knife and seriously hurt the person, chances are YOU are going to jail regardless of whether or not they initiated it.

Originally posted by J-hop
    ^ that is a good point to bring up (Cos). If someone starts a fist fight with you and you defend yourself with a knife and seriously hurt the person, chances are YOU are going to jail regardless of whether or not they initiated it.
    You have to be very thoughtful about appropriate use of force even as a civilian. A lady who was Canadian champion in Judo (who was a brown belt against black belts) was raped a few years ago because she took the guy down, but being worried about excessive use of force she didnt finish him, he got up, stabbed her in the stomach and raped her. How she didnt die I dont know.

Since that story I have always tried to make sure I am protected to a level I am happy with. I am not one to start fights, hell I dont even try to get involved if someone wants to start one, however I know that if we get to a point I am going to have to defend myself. Unless you are a big dude with a high pain tolerance chances are I am going to take you down.

Just to clarify to all of you who think I am a thug. I havent been in a fight since grade school and my buddy I was trying technique on (who I knew had a high tolerance for pain) is the one who scares me into being sure that if the pain doesnt work I can at least immobilize someone.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So many people have them and probably don't know how to use them properly in a situation where you are putting it into someone.

That being said, mine is simply a tool that I carry around. I think legal length is around 4".
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast