Quantcast
Audi Q5 Quattro Premium Vs MB GLK 350 4Matic - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Which has better reliability?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Audi Q5 Quattro Premium 270hp

29 64.44%
  • MB GLK 350 4Matic

16 35.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Audi Q5 Quattro Premium Vs MB GLK 350 4Matic

Default Audi Q5 Quattro Premium Vs MB GLK 350 4Matic

Which one has better reliability? They're pretty equal in every aspect, price and spec wise, even down to the trunk capacity, length, width and so on.

But I'm mostly concerned about which one is going to last the longest/ be the most reliable. My families subaru outback has 400k on it, their sienna has 300k, and the wrx has 275k, everything is still running. So we do take care of our cars quite well.

Is this hard to say?

Another question to ask, how are the dealerships here in Calgary? Good mechnical service? Short turn around time for cars to get in and out of the shops?

Consumer reviews on the internet are all throughout the love-hate spectrum.

This will pretty much be my first car as well...
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 06-27-2011 at 11:37 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Q5, the GLK is old technology.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Ya I'm actually leaning towards the Q5 now, the GLK seems to have a lot of problems. I sort of forgot to add in the X1 although I'm not too fond of it, perhaps I'd have to let it grow on me.

Anyone have any experience dealing with the Audi dealership here in calgary?

With regular maintenance and normal driving. How much mileage can one expect to get out of a european car?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

My S4 has been relatively maintenance free over the past 100k I've put on it.

FYI, a friend has been trying to land a Q5 for a while and tells me they're backordered and not really worth buying pre-owned since the savings aren't substantial enough.

My Ride

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    Ya I'm actually leaning towards the Q5 now, the GLK seems to have a lot of problems. I sort of forgot to add in the X1 although I'm not too fond of it, perhaps I'd have to let it grow on me.

Anyone have any experience dealing with the Audi dealership here in calgary?

With regular maintenance and normal driving. How much mileage can one expect to get out of a european car?
    New X3 would be a better competitor to the q5, glk.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

Went and test drove the Audi Q5 211hp, 256tq(?), 2L turbo and wow, what a beauty. Steering feels great, awesome low end torque, feels like it just really hauls. I'm thinking I don't even need the 3.2L 270hp model. Instantly fell in love with this car, also ran into a co worker at the dealership, didnt know she had one, she's had it for about a year now and she has nothing but good things to say about it.

I have yet to check out the GLK but after reading many consumer reviews on the internet it seems to be quite unreliable. I'm not even remotely close to being interested in the x1/ x3 anymore as well.

I've never owned a mid size SUV before, closest thing to a mid size suv has been our mini van and to me for a suv it was just a really good experience.
    Last edited by l/l/rX; 06-30-2011 at 10:00 AM.

My Ride

Stay away from the 3.2L engine. There are some unresolved fuel pump issues with it.

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    bus

I have a 2010 Q5 with the 3.2 and it has been absolutely fantastic. Fit and finish is great, ride is excellent ( i bought mine with the audi drive select) and fuel economy is much better than i expected. So far there has been no problems with the vehicle and just had it in for its second service at 25,000Kms. No fuel related issues on the 3.2 at all.

I purchased the suv at glemore audi and at the time it was very high demand. I was able to get a few accesories and the 4 year service plan (audi care) thrown in. There wasnt any room to move on the price. You can always visit audiforums. com for more real world reviews on them

Originally posted by redblack
    I have a 2010 Q5 with the 3.2 and it has been absolutely fantastic. Fit and finish is great, ride is excellent ( i bought mine with the audi drive select) and fuel economy is much better than i expected. So far there has been no problems with the vehicle and just had it in for its second service at 25,000Kms. No fuel related issues on the 3.2 at all.

I purchased the suv at glemore audi and at the time it was very high demand. I was able to get a few accesories and the 4 year service plan (audi care) thrown in. There wasnt any room to move on the price. You can always visit audiforums. com for more real world reviews on them
    ya the salesman told me there is absolutely no negotiating power with this car since its in such high demand and that the earliest I could hop into a Q5 would be October-November. And yes the only thing that he could throw in free would be the audi care thingy, valued at $750 or something.

My Ride
    NC1

My parents picked up a GLK350 and it's alright. Some bling factor given it's a Benz.

Tribeca's have $6000 off cash discount right now and I'm sure the dealer will give you another $2-3k more. Good size, good utility, decent looks and over the long run will be more reliable and cheaper to maintain than Q5/GLK.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by max_boost
    My parents picked up a GLK350 and it's alright. Some bling factor given it's a Benz.

Tribeca's have $6000 off cash discount right now and I'm sure the dealer will give you another $2-3k more. Good size, good utility, decent looks and over the long run will be more reliable and cheaper to maintain than Q5/GLK.
    The forester was on my list of vehicles to look at. Having being a subaru owner I know their cars are super reliable. Im not a fan of the tribeca though, will look at the forester again though.

edit: I took my rents to the audi dealership and they really liked the q5 and are thinking about getting it as well, so I may change my mind on getting myself one as well.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    And yes the only thing that he could throw in free would be the audi care thingy, valued at $750 or something.
    Basically the whole Audi line up is the same other than A4 and A3. Everything is in short supply world wide.

I believe the 3.2 is solid since 2007. But if you don't mind a bit more vibration from the turbo 4, it's sufficient. It's lacks top end of the 6 but the torque is slightly better.

My Ride
    All made in Japan.

I voted for the Q5, as I really like everything about the vehicle (other than my owning one), in truth I like the Q7 better overall. You will never see 300-400,000 km out of a modern day Audi/MB, not without a really fat wallet.

Good laugh an Audi v MB in the reliability department. Love the Audi style, just the R word is not applicable here. Which would you rather lease, would be a better question.

Also, why is the USA Q5 sticker price 6K less than here?*

*Not really fair as the Canadian Q5 Premium compares best to Premium Plus trim on U.S. models. So the price is basically the same.
    Last edited by Muji; 07-02-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-03-2019 at 11:08 AM.

If you are going to buy a Q5, and find that the Calgary dealers are not very flexable on price. As both dealerships are owned by the same guy.

I recommend the Car Cost Canada, pay the 50 bucks and save thousands.

I saved $3000.00 and all I had to do was call Richmond Audi in BC and tell them I have the Car Cost Canada price. They are ready to deal.

If you want the name of the salesmen I dealt with just send me a pm.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Q5 ... for sure ..

But you are paying more for an Audi .. just not that Logic ..

Should consider the X1 as well, (if you don't mind a bit small interior) it looks great, handle nice, and still German built .. unlike X3/X5/X6 ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Xtrema

But if you don't mind a bit more vibration from the turbo 4, it's sufficient. It's lacks top end of the 6 but the torque is slightly better.
    Er, a chip will make you have a vehicle that is as fast (or faster) than the 6 and still get better gas mileage. Why anybody buys the 6 models of any VW/Audi anymore is beyond me...

haha i should probably make up my mind if i even want a mid size suv, past couple days i've been contemplating a 2 door coupe. bmw 135 or audi a5 quattro. I thought i wanted a mid size but now i am unsure.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

What did you end up with? I know someone who is trying to decide between a 2014 GLK 350 vs Q5 3.0T vs SQ5.

Down side of the SQ5 of course is trying to justify the extra cost. Benz has a ton of safety features and the 2013 refresh interior looks nice. Q5 has the huge side mirrors which create a blind spot, and the interior is starting to look a tiny bit dated.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    This and that.

We just bought my mom a 2014 GLK 350. She absolutely loves it, although that's not saying much since she doesn't really care about cars. Before getting it I was leaning towards the Audi for her, but after trying out both it just made better sense to get the GLK for her. I personally am not a big fan of the GLK looks to be honest, but I feel obligated to be biased towards it now that we have one. If it was me personally, I wouldn't drive either one of those cause I think of them as SUV's for ladies. No offence to any guys that drive them, but that's just my personal opinion considering they aren't necessarily the most manliest SUV's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast