Quantcast
Dear Cardel, Fuck You (resolved by Cardel) - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear Cardel, Fuck You (resolved by Cardel)

Where I bought (Auburn Bay)

You have 4 pretty large builders -- Baywest, Cardel, Jayman and Cedarglen

my neighbor cribs for both baywest and Jayman, and he knows all the other trades as well...

He wouldn't touch Cardel nor Jayman...

Builders really are a firm of archetects, project managers, supply chain managers, vendor managers and sales contractors... at the end of the day, the general contrat manager makes the deal that is in the best intrest of the firm... that sometimes either works as a benefit or disadvantage for the end customer.

From what I've heard from my neighbors and the trades that my friends know who work for various builders... Cardel treats the trades the worst and pay the worst. They also have very poor post purchase support.

Jayman is simular to a degree, but as they have a tendancy to push one or two particular models, their trades have it nailed, for lets say the "allure" model. Post delivery support is fantastic... BUT they do undercut and change their trades often to save a buck or two. No loyalty and sometimes results problems again to the customer. For instance, all the rolling mix drive ways (used by both Cardel & Jayman) this year have to be sandblasted as the mix was terrible.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Let us know if you plan to go the social media route to have this resolved. I would assume that a huge builder like this would kick into PR overdrive once it hits the news.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

Originally posted by interlude
    I think rage2 will receive a letter in the near future.

This should get interesting.
    Just from looking at the pic, that seems to be the issue. Primers are used to seal the surface area and to get the paint to adhere. It looks like there's no primer used.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by r3ccOs

He wouldn't touch Cardel nor Jayman...

The only interactions I've done with Jayman is when they used to be on Horton Road, and they would eyeball everyone who goes to Southland Registries making sure their reserved spots aren't being taken.

Originally posted by nissanK
    Let us know if you plan to go the social media route to have this resolved. I would assume that a huge builder like this would kick into PR overdrive once it hits the news.
    I think Z-Fan and every other member should. Twitter is a powerful tool, can help or destroy your image. A couple tweets by a bunch of people pointing to this thread is all Z-Fan needs.

I also have the exact issue and hope they get enough pressure from this to fix it. Stupid because it's the only major issue and could be easily fixed and avoided in future builds but they decide to use the same crap window contractors

I'm not going to do much other than tell my story. If enough people come forward, I will gladly participate in any group effort to bring it to the attention of the masses. But, in general, I'm just not the kind of person to dwell on it.

Does it make me mad? Yes. Yes it sure does. But I'll be over that reasonably quickly and I'll move on with my life.

I think it is nice that already 2 other people have come forward saying they have the exact issue. I think that alone indicates it is a very real, very current problem that Cardel Homes has.

I'm not going to get all hell bent on Cardel. I'm going to fix my windows, write Cardel Homes a nasty letter detailing my story. And then I'm going to move on.

If I had money, I'd probably see it through arbitration just for the fuck of it. But alas, I have more important things to do with my time and money. Like, uhm, fix my fucked up Cardel Homes windows since they aren't going to.

BTW, for any one who has this issue. Or any issue for that matter which Cardel is attempting to leave unaddressed.

If you are still inside your 1 year warranty window, please report any and all of your problems to the Alberta New Home Warranty program immediately irregardless of what Cardel Homes is saying or doing towards rectifying your issues.

If you do not report your problems to them in the specified period, which is 60 days after your 1 year possession date, then you will be shit out of luck.

So, if Cardel Homes decides to fuck you around like they did me, by taking in excess of ONE HALF of ONE YEAR to provide a response, you won't end up totally fucked. You'll still have the ANHW program to evaluate the problem and Cardel Homes would have to obey their decision.

My concrete driveway was cracked and chipping when I took posession of my new home last year(not cardel).After hounding the builder every day for 6 months and getting the run-around I contacted new home warranty them telling me concrete was not covered and that I was basically SOL.I called the BBB and filed a complaint and after that contacted a lawyer.The lawyer told me you can sue the builder up to 2 years from posession date for any deficiencies to your new home no matter if or if not it's covered under warranty.Keep all the corresponding emails from BBB, new home warranty,and the builder as evidence in case you do have to go to court.I paid $150 to the lawyer to fax a demand letter to the builder.A few days later the builder agreed to replace the driveway and everything was solved.Z_fan you paid a lot of money for your new home.Don't let Cardel fuck you around any more and you probably need a lawyer to solve this.If you want my lawyers name and # PM me.

My Ride
    1982 supra

It cracks because they used a lacquer most painters use latex on the windows and doors and use lacquer on build ins .Looks like a easy fix . Cardel should get there painter to send the paint rep over to your house they may be responsible for the cost of the redo.

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    BTW, for any one who has this issue. Or any issue for that matter which Cardel is attempting to leave unaddressed.

If you are still inside your 1 year warranty window, please report any and all of your problems to the Alberta New Home Warranty program immediately irregardless of what Cardel Homes is saying or doing towards rectifying your issues.

If you do not report your problems to them in the specified period, which is 60 days after your 1 year possession date, then you will be shit out of luck.

So, if Cardel Homes decides to fuck you around like they did me, by taking in excess of ONE HALF of ONE YEAR to provide a response, you won't end up totally fucked. You'll still have the ANHW program to evaluate the problem and Cardel Homes would have to obey their decision.
    Hmm will do. For sure.

Maybe Cardel will take the money they're saving by not fixing my house properly and get in to sponsoring a drag car at Race City.
    Normally I'd tell you to watch for it. You will see the logos, etc. But, Alas, it would be sponsored by Cardel - so just look for the car that takes 180 days to get to stage light and has no fucking paint on it.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

^

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

I've tweeted this story with the #yyc hashtag to both Cardel's account and to a realtor friend of mine. Hope that gets the ball rolling a bit. Inexcusable.

http://twitter.com/#!/JC_Superstah/status/86552014338785280

UPDATE: Cardel has quickly responded to my tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/reallywellbuilt/status/86555551588286464

http://twitter.com/#!/reallywellbuilt/status/86555667372048384

And I responded with this:

http://twitter.com/#!/JC_Superstah/status/86557087542419456

I am very much looking forward to seeing this resolved - good luck, OP.
    Last edited by HyperZell; 06-30-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

im expecting their response to be another legal threat to rage to remove this thread or else be sued haha
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Any way to see that twatter stuff without having an account?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Any way to see that twatter stuff without having an account?
    You should be able to just copy and paste the links and see them without an account, I think.

Well, that's stirring the pot.

[Removed]
    Last edited by Z_Fan; 09-30-2013 at 08:51 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Anyone who has a twitter account should retweet some of those posts as well.
    -U

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Unknown303
    Anyone who has a twitter account should retweet some of those posts as well.
    Good idea. And feel free to take out the Kenwick Realtor tag and add in the @beyondca tag instead.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast