Quantcast
New Alberta Insurance Legislation? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Alberta Insurance Legislation?

Default New Alberta Insurance Legislation?

Any rough idea of when a new system will be put in place? I need to find a new insurance company as of march this year.

Try TD-Meloche-Monnex. Avoid AMA.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Try TD-Meloche-Monnex.
    Not everyone is over 25 here.

I'll see if I can still get insurance with them if I get house insurance through them too!

My Ride
    1989 toyota beater: RIP hilux

yo i don't think you will be about to get meloche unless have you are like university alumni if your under 25!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Hopefully this new legislation is done by next december. I don't want to pay fucking $3500 again for 2005
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Try TD-Meloche-Monnex. Avoid AMA.
    Do you have any reason to go against AMA beside price?

I found their customer service has been great. I've also heard a lot of good things about TD mainly on price but don't know if their service is any good.

My Ride
    WRX

Originally posted by CRXguy

Not everyone is over 25 here.

I'll see if I can still get insurance with them if I get house insurance through them too!
    Does TD-Meloche-Monnex. have reduced rates for peeps over the age of 25?

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by RXsevenmonk
    yo i don't think you will be about to get meloche unless have you are like university alumni if your under 25!
    Thats not true! I am not an alumni and Im 23 and have a great plan with Meloche. They, by far had the cheepest rate when I was asking around. I am however at the Univ. so I don't know if that makes any difference.

I've been with TD Auto Insurance since I was 19. By far the best prices - haven't had to test their customer service but they're nice on the phone!

Originally posted by ~$eanith~
    Hopefully this new legislation is done by next december. I don't want to pay fucking $3500 again for 2005
    are u kiding mee, i would be jumpin up and down if my premiums were that low.. i pay 8700 a year on a 2k3 cavalier. But then again im 16.

and now u guyz will all ask about my record...TOTALLY CLEAN, NO TICKETS, NO ACCIDENTS!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Hirjee

are u kiding mee, i would be jumpin up and down if my premiums were that low.. i pay 8700 a year on a 2k3 cavalier. But then again im 16.

and now u guyz will all ask about my record...TOTALLY CLEAN, NO TICKETS, NO ACCIDENTS!
    Well your 16, you DESERVE to pay that much IMO. Even though it should be innocent until proven guilty. I've been licenced for 5 years and have had only a couple minor tickets. Ask Rage how much he pays for his cars! I only drive a civic.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

You're more likely to behave irresponsibly when you are 16. That is probably true. But I still hate any system that finds you guilty, without question, evidence or history. You wanna drive, you must be a high risk. Period. Gimme a break. When I turned 25, I didn't just become a better driver.

Insurance companies need to get smacked around. I look forward to the legislation coming in. The sooner, the better. We've needed Insurance reform in this province for at least 15 years. What took so long?

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Originally posted by Xtrema

Do you have any reason to go against AMA beside price?

I found their customer service has been great. I've also heard a lot of good things about TD mainly on price but don't know if their service is any good.
    Melcohe Monnex has some of the best customer service in the industry. They quote properly and are very courteous. As for claims, claims are handled very efficiently and they really do go out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of.

Originally posted by Hirjee

Actually the only question I have is where is the logic in paying between 30% to 50% (depending on fully loaded to base models) of the selling price of the car in insurance?

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    You're more likely to behave irresponsibly when you are 16. That is probably true. But I still hate any system that finds you guilty, without question, evidence or history. You wanna drive, you must be a high risk. Period. Gimme a break. When I turned 25, I didn't just become a better driver.

Insurance companies need to get smacked around. I look forward to the legislation coming in. The sooner, the better. We've needed Insurance reform in this province for at least 15 years. What took so long?
    I agree that we need the reform, but I also believe that newly licensed drivers (in this case 16-18 year old) are high risk drivers in the sense that they are new drivers. We would hope that after 9 years (25 years old) of driving that you would be a better driver or at the very least less likely to be in an accident. But as well all know that is not always the case.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by MerfBall

I agree that we need the reform, but I also believe that newly licensed drivers (in this case 16-18 year old) are high risk drivers in the sense that they are new drivers. We would hope that after 9 years (25 years old) of driving that you would be a better driver or at the very least less likely to be in an accident. But as well all know that is not always the case.
    Yeah if anyone should be paying out of their asses, it should be the proven high risk drivers, or the new drivers that can go either way. 16-18 should be an ass raping for insurance, but after that you should get huge discounts as long as your a safe driver. 21 year olds that have few or no tickets and no accidents shouldn't be paying out of their asses. And yes, $3500 is alot for insurance

Originally posted by MerfBall

Melcohe Monnex has some of the best customer service in the industry. They quote properly and are very courteous. As for claims, claims are handled very efficiently and they really do go out of their way to make sure everything is taken care of.

Actually the only question I have is where is the logic in paying between 30% to 50% (depending on fully loaded to base models) of the selling price of the car in insurance?
    Meloche Monnex fucked ME OVER BIG TIME!

I was dropped becuase my mother put in a claim for her vehicle that got written off, me being with the same company got dropped and labeled as a person who got "dropped" for no reason, and harssed for almost 8 months before they paid for the claim. assholes

My Ride
    '91 Teg

Help De-Privatize Auto Insurance.

Don't put up with shitty insurance companies out to make a profit.

visit www.apaip.com
    Doom 3 - www.doomcast.com
    Alberta Integras - www.abtegs.com

well i ma mom only pays that much for me to drive because it is absolutely nescesary...live in the SE, schools in the NE, moms 2 busy 2 drive me around.
    Its more cost effective for her 2 pay this premium then take time out of what she would call her precious work day!!

and btw its the top model

TD is no longer Meloche-Monnex it is now Primmum

www.tdinsurance.com

They are who I go through and I am happy so far

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

Originally posted by sputnik
    TD is no longer Meloche-Monnex it is now Primmum

www.tdinsurance.com

They are who I go through and I am happy so far
    Really? I haven't heard anything bout that from Monnex.

From what I know Meloche Monnex is still a part of the TD Financial Group www.melochemonnex.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast