Quantcast
US downgrade warning. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US downgrade warning.

Default US downgrade warning.

Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Anybody care to comment? What would this mean for Canada (if anything)? As noted elsewhere, I'm thinking about buying some real estate soon, but a tanking economy will put a stop to that...

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    but a tanking economy will put a stop to that...

LMFAO

The US economy started tanking in 2007 or earlier.
    It's already tanked brother.

You gotta stop listening to obama and start looking at the facts/reality.

Half the crew is floating out to sea and the boat is half under water and you're driving by in a boat that is tied to it and are thinking to yourself if it might be worth investing in the ship tied to yours that is half under water, but you're waiting to see if it completely sinks and want to be careful to make the right decision.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 07-13-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    but a tanking economy will put a stop to that...

Right now the ONLY thing keeping it afloat is hope and greed. They're virtually making the same mistakes over and over.

Unfortunately the market can remain irrationalle far longer than you can remain solvent, so who really knows just when everything is going to collapse.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by M.alex

Right now the ONLY thing keeping it afloat is hope and greed. They're virtually making the same mistakes over and over.
    Absolutely, but, in the grand scheme of things, how much will it tanking "further" affect (specifically) Alberta. The first time in '07 as mentioned produced a bit of a correction in real estate prices... sure, it was hard to sell for a year or two, but things picked up pretty quick after that here

No big deal, just let that printing press work overtime and we can inflate our worries away!

ZenOps might have been right all along...

My Ride
    Bicycle

All I can say is at the saber rattling on both side when both knows raising the limit however arbitrary, is the only option.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Obama like Nenshi, no experience, to much flash. Can't get anyone to agree.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    How exactly would John "The Maverick" McCain have done any differently?

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by ChappedLips
    No big deal, just let that printing press work overtime and we can inflate our worries away!
    It's sadly a lot easier than that, they just type some zeros into a computer.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Actually it's the Republican this time.

Boehner has a compromised plan ready 2-3 weeks ago but the party pull him back and go back to the rhetoric of partisan blame.

Since Obama voted nay on the last debt ceiling raise when he was a senator, they are turning this on him as flip flop in hope to take him down a few pegs for the 2012 election.

Obama just take this and turn it around trying to pin it on republican because he know they will do it anyway or the whole default will be their fault.

Politic sucks.

Meh, how whatever these fat cats (the republicans and democrats ... hell, all of them are the same!)... make the decision what to do with their U.S. debt ceiling problem, it won't be a good solution.

All they can do is to buy more time to delay or avoid the collapse, as far I see. That had been going on for a long time and it looks like the time had finally come like a nightmare.

If the credit rating must be downgrade for U.S.A. then let it be! That might serve these people as a cold "wake-up" right on their butts. Look, Obama didn't ask for that - that debt thing had started long before he took over the reins as the prez. It was already on the desk when he come to sit in the Big Chair.

That's what the U.S. have its own Fort Knox is for, eh? They can make new notes out of nothing and pass the burden of debt on the mice! <sarcasm>
    Last edited by 71car2; 07-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Doesn't US owe China like 1.4 Trillion Dollars? So what happens when the Landlord comes to collect? U.S is now Chinas Bitch, Beijing owns Washington

My Ride
    14' C63 507 Edition Coupe

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    Doesn't US owe China like 1.4 Trillion Dollars? So what happens when the Landlord comes to collect? U.S is now Chinas Bitch, Beijing owns Washington
    China and the US are so co-dependant that if one goes down so does the other. China sells more goods to the US than any other Country, and the US borrows more money from China then any other Country. If China comes to collect, they screw their biggest customer. If China stops loaning the US money to buy goods, they are also screwed because the US wont buy any more goods!

China will keep the US afloat as long as they can or they risk a crisis themselves IMO

Edit: they are each others bitch

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    China will tell US to STFU on most international disputes where there is a Chinese interest or they will sell some of the bonds for cheap and fuck up most of the western world as a lesson.

China cannot self sustain for now. But the co-dependent relationship with western world are lessen day-by-day.