Quantcast
Those Custom Suit People - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Those Custom Suit People

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by blitz
    Ok, I'm getting pissed off with Modern Tailor.

On my first order, I ordered 2 shirts and got an email back saying 1 of them was not available.

On my next order, I just got an email and 3 of the 6 shirts are not available. Seems like they just wait for a customer to order an out of stock fabric to trigger removing it from the website.
    Gross. So from what you're telling me, it's either quality vs. availability between Indochino and ModernTailor?

Disappointing.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Anyone heard of Modasuite?

A friend of mine told me about it and I love the fact that they are Canadian based.

Good prices on shirts and suits too.

www.modasuite.com

My Ride
    2010 G37x

Modern Tailor's quality is so-so. Buttons are falling off a few shirts I bought in late 2010 and early 2011.

Maxwell's fit is good but crappy fabric. Plus I hate picking out shirts from fabric swatch. I want to see the whole shirt.

At this point I am going back to OTR + tailoring (e.g. Charles Tyrwhitt)

IMHO, if you spend 4K on a suit in Calgary, you probably overpaid.

My 0.02

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Originally posted by flipstah
    Anyone heard of Modasuite?

A friend of mine told me about it and I love the fact that they are Canadian based.

Good prices on shirts and suits too.

www.modasuite.com
    In all their photos the clothing looks badly made. I picked up a few ties from them though and they're really well made. So I don't know what to think about the shirts and suits.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by blitz

In all their photos the clothing looks badly made. I picked up a few ties from them though and they're really well made. So I don't know what to think about the shirts and suits.
    Whaaat?! It looks alright to me, minus the 'poofiness' around the belly area.

I think they just need better models.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I just spent $75 on a suit and shirt.

Got all measured up and sent my stats to the Philippines (I was going there for a wedding).

I showed up, and the suit fits perfectly, and the quality seems amazing. In my opinion, an amazing quality suit, even for $75 for a completely custom made suit. If it manages to survive a few dry cleanings, I am going to order a few more and have them shipped over.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

forgive the pose, I was hung over, and it is not the most flattering one, but one I found that had a decent pic of the suit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

i bought 2 suits from banana republic when they had the 50% off on boxing day and had both of them tailored to fit me properly. i could not be happier! i spent just around $830 for 2 suits and around $250 for alterations so around $1080 for 2 suits that fits me perfectly.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    i bought 2 suits from banana republic when they had the 50% off on boxing day and had both of them tailored to fit me properly. i could not be happier! i spent just around $830 for 2 suits and around $250 for alterations so around $1080 for 2 suits that fits me perfectly.
    I thought about doing the same when they had that sale.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I picked up an nice 50% off Blazer at BR on boxing day, still need to get it altered.

I have 4 Indochino suits now and I'm quite happy with all of them. I'd put them around the Banana Republic level of quality (that's what my previous suits were).

I loved the suit pants so much that I ordered 5 pairs of dress pants from them, and they turned out great.

Won't do anymore shirts from them though. I've tried Indochino, Modern Tailor, Tailor4less and I'm currently waiting on 2 from shirtsmyway. So far I'd rate quality:

Moder Tailor
    Tailor4less
    Indochino

None of them required me paying tax or brokerage on delivery.

Popped into Brooks Brothers on boxing day and found that 16.5-34 Extra Slim fit shirts fit me perfectly. $88 regular price for non-iron, $185 for the premium egyptian cotton. They had 40% off if you bought 4 shirts so I picked up 4 in store and 4 online (mix of non-iron and premium) Quality on the shirts is better than Modern tailor, but you do loose cuff, collar, and pocket options.

Checked out the suits at Brooks Brothers too, and to me the quality seemed pretty close to Indochino, but most expensive.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I'm gonna check out Express tomorrow for some cheap dress shirts that I don't need to close at the neck.

My Ride
    2001 Infiniti QX4

Has anyone had any luck with any local stores in Calgary that do MTM? Harry Rosen's MTM starts at about a grand. I've heard Toppers is good as well. Anyone with first hand experience?

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

I ordered a bespoke Zegna 120super suit from Umbertos' last week. I have a fitting or two coming up, and will share how it fits. Should be able to take it home in another 5 weeks.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Not totally comparable since it wasnt custom... but on Boxing day I bought two Boss suits at $275 a piece! Worth noting it was in Palm Springs at an outlet store and their regular price there is $500.
    Certainly leaps and bounds better than the Calvin Klein/DKNY ones I usually buy locally for $3-400.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

My favourite new suit I got at RW&Co a few months ago for about $200. It's as good as custom once I got a few things tailored.

Now that and my 3-piece from Express get the most compliments. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them it was off the rack.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by R-Audi
    Not totally comparable since it wasnt custom... but on Boxing day I bought two Boss suits at $275 a piece! Worth noting it was in Palm Springs at an outlet store and their regular price there is $500.
    Certainly leaps and bounds better than the Calvin Klein/DKNY ones I usually buy locally for $3-400.
    Unreal, Its totally worth doing a trip down for that kid of price.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    NC1

Yea I bought an off the rack blazer from Banana Republic. It was $275 but I had a coupon for 40%. Fitment was very good. I took it to Stitch It and asked the lady if it needed any alterations because I really can't tell haha Style is not my forte. She said the material will shrink a bit from dry cleaning and everything looked good. So I guess there it is, off the rack and ready to go.

So I bring it home to compare to my HK custom made blazer. Holy F, the BR one is miles ahead in terms of material, stitching etc.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by sexualbanana

My favourite new suit I got at RW&Co a few months ago for about $200. It's as good as custom once I got a few things tailored.

Now that and my 3-piece from Express get the most compliments. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them it was off the rack.
    i'm not exactly tall (5'4" @ 138lbs) so the RW & Co suits doesn't do it for me. if i get the size 36, the shoulders are too small but if i get the size 38, it's crazy big.

the best fit for me so far (within a reasonable price) is the BR "tailored fit". it accomodates people that workout, haha!

how is the quality at express? i don't know why i keep thinking express' quality and material is along the lines of international clothiers everytime i pass by it.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

how is the quality at express? i don't know why i keep thinking express' quality and material is along the lines of international clothiers everytime i pass by it.
    Your not far off, I would say its about on par with H&M, below that of Zara.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

i'm not exactly tall (5'4" @ 138lbs) so the RW & Co suits doesn't do it for me. if i get the size 36, the shoulders are too small but if i get the size 38, it's crazy big.

I'm not that far off from you. 5'6 150
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast