Quantcast
Hit-and-run with stolen vehicle Monday leads to chase through N.W. Calgary - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hit-and-run with stolen vehicle Monday leads to chase through N.W. Calgary

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default Hit-and-run with stolen vehicle Monday leads to chase through N.W. Calgary

Hey guys

Anybody see this clown endangering lives yesterday in NW Calgary? If you did, I'd like to interview you by email. You can contact me at [email protected]

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/07...h-n-w-calgary/

Markham

My Ride
    Talon tsi awd

Hai guyz

It was scene out of the TV show Cops. Monday evening a 26-year old man driving a stolen truck fled from police in N.W. Calgary, crashing through fences, driving the wrong way into traffic and fleeing north on Deerfoot Trail before his smashed vehicle finally gave up the ghost near Cross Iron Mills Mall and he was arrested.

Around 5:35 p.m. a man driving a stolen GMC Sierra commited a hit and run in the 400 Block of Centre Street North. Citizens who observed this offence followed the offender while notifying the police via 911. While being followed by citizens, the offender drove through a bus trap, cable and wood fences and almost struck pedestrians and other vehicles, according to police.

Patrol Units from District 7 and the HAWC2 helicopter picked up the offender on Harvest Hills Boulevard and Beddington Trail N.W., at which time the officers attempted to stop the vehicle. The offender refused to stop and fled from the officers, almost causing multiple accidents by driving into oncoming traffic.

The CPS ground units did not pursue, while the HAWC2 helicopter continued to follow the offending vehicle. The offender drove north out of Calgary towards Airdrie at which time the RCMP were notified.

Near Balzac the offender’s vehicle, having suffered extensive mechancial damage, slowed to a stop at which time the RCMP and CPS K9 members took him into custody without further incident at 6:35 p.m..

The man is now in Calgary Police custody and is facing numerous criminal charges. District 7 GIU is continuing the investigation.

The Calgary Police Service are asking citizens who witnessed this incident and who have not yet provided a statement to police to call the Public Safety Communications Centre at 403-266-1234.

I saw this right in front of my eyes. He squeezed in between a bus and a Honda Odyssey causing damages to both vehicles. He then proceeded northbound on Centre Street and running a red light on 4th ave and tried to weave around the congestion of Chinatown. I couldn't see the plate, but it was an older model black Sierra. What a retard.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Quizzes
    What a retard.
    Not retardness, but probably under the influence of meth.