Quantcast
my 6l lack of powerstroke - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: my 6l lack of powerstroke

My Ride
    03f350SD

Default my 6l lack of powerstroke

lack of power. running a bit hotter than usual. skipped a oil change and am afraid now my injectors may be suffering. maybe another oil change right away and a bottle of REV EX ??
    Never heard of REV EX till I read about it in a post from corssvette and or rat fink.
    getting egr codes even after i removed egr valve and cleaned it up and re-installed it.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Post on dieselplace
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    03f350SD

how do I find dieselplace??

My Ride
    4x4

replace Fuel filters; full can of seafoam in the big one; another full can in the tank. If anything will save it...

What year?

My Ride
    03f350SD

2003 just changed bot feul filters with my oilchange last week

My Ride
    03f350SD

never heard of seafoam . what is it? an injector cleaner? I already changed filters.

My Ride
    K-car

How hot is it running? How's the turbo boosting- full psi? It could be a failing EGR cooler (not the valve), or worse blown head gaskets. I assume your truck is an 03, any funky smoke at a cold start or when warm? When my cousins truck had a failing EGR cooler it lost power, ran a bit warm, and was losing antifreeze out the tailpipe (stock mufflers tend to trap the antifreeze so you wont see it, but you can smell it in the exhaust) Hopefully Rat Fink chimes in here

My Ride
    K-car

Seafoam is a fuel system and internal engine cleaner. I usually add a bottle to my oil a day before i change it just to clean any gunk in the engine and injectors. Rev-ex is mostly for spool valve stiction problems in the injectors, it helps mostly with cold enging running issues.

My Ride
    03f350SD

A buddy knew a guy who had a program on his (or his employers ) laptop. He said it was running really hot ,I had noticed it to be running slightly higher on my stock temp guage . Actuallty i took my grill off last night and spent about an hour or more straightening the alum. fins on the first rad and got a bit more than half done before bugs and dark stopped me ,i think by the guage it was actually a little cooler running today.
    Turbo boost psi. i don't know buddy who knows diesels way better than me said it seems to be spooling up ok, his friend who hooked his laptop up to it couldn't read turbo psi.
    The guy who scanned truck with his laptop figures I need new injectors but he says the computer didn't really show that as a for sure.
    using my predator scanner that its chipped with ,60hp mid tune,I was getting several egr codes poo6a unknown po266 cyl. 2contribution/balance po266 cyl.6 contributoin/balance po401 egr flow insufficiant po404egr control curcuit po 405egr sensor a curcuit low. After I did the oil change the cyl. 6 code does not come back anymore.
    I also took out the egr valve and cleaned it up with varsol,put it back in ,made no difference, same codes came back.
    Before that I took off the catalitic converter ,it was not clogged but I beat the stuff out of it so its now hollow,made no difference.
    guy who hooked it to his laptop thought it was because of clutch fan with motor off he spun it and thought it should have more resistance. I don't think it is the fan because temp guage was a bit higher around town or on the highway at 120 km
    seems to smoke more since I did oil change last week, mostly at startup for a few minutes,not excessive ,blue smoke. With oil fill cap off and engine running there is a bit of air coming out but not that much blow by according to buddy.
    No sweet antifreeze smell and the level in the resevoir is good ,just a bit below min.supposedly where its supposed to be.

My Ride
    03f350SD

I was thinking of doing an EGR delete kit but someone told me to just unplug the EGR instead and that's just about as good ? The trucks got 297,000 km but a short block was installed at 175,000 km by Zender ford in Spruce Grove.
    In 2008 I changed injectors 1 3 5 7 .
    Someone told me about a screen at the oil pump that clogs and should be changed with an aftermarket one that won't clog, ever heard of this one ?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    03f350SD

I don't think he can check fan data because he didn't.
    No white smoke. Minimal coolant loss ,and I think that may be because I was trying to maintain level to max line,guy with the scanner said that it should be a little below the min.line on degas tank. I had filled it to max level a couple of times in the last couple of years and would add more as it got close to the min. line.
    Doesn't really act up just no power, all the time.
    At startup it seems to stumble a bit for maybe 5 seconds then smoothes out.
    EGR deposits I think were blackish and not wet but not a dry grey like I expected.
    No venting around rad cap and no white smoke ever ,at least as far as I can tell in the mirror.
    Wiring harness ? do you mean the main one or just the plug at the EGR?
    TSB is that a technical service bulletin from ford?

Thanks for all who have replied so far.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Please don't remove your EGR/PCV. Just get a catch can.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by zipdoa
    Please don't remove your EGR/PCV. Just get a catch can.
    lol