Quantcast
Wrist Shot Friday! - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2665

Thread: Wrist Shot Friday!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ve bought my omegas in the states but a buddy bought one form Calgary jewelry last year and was able to get them to move on price a lot. He came down from Edmonton to go to CJ because they had the best price.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by CarlLester View Post
    I bought two Omegas from Continental Jewellers in Washington DC. This was about a decade ago though. But it was awesome. At the time the Canadian dollar was strong and the US/CDN pricing was such that you could take advantage. In addition with the discount they gave me, I was barely $4k Canadian for the two watches. Granted, one is a less popular model. But one is a Planet Ocean.

A little while later I think I remember reading that they got in trouble from Omega for their heavier discounting. They were the recommended dealer on timezone.com which is how I came to know about them.
    the good old days when Jim from Continental would give you 30% off desirable models and 40% off ones that were not very popular. Unfortunately, Omega caught onto what he was doing and pulled the line from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    the good old days when Jim from Continental would give you 30% off desirable models and 40% off ones that were not very popular. Unfortunately, Omega caught onto what he was doing and pulled the line from him.
    Haha - yes indeed. And thanks for confirming - I thought I remember hearing that, but my memory is terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of my Planet Ocean - has anyone sent a watch to Omega service recently? I need to send mine, but I am hearing other people say don't bother right now as everything is backed up.

Also have one I need to send one to Panerai - I would imagine similar situation.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Name:  6FE12115-C3A5-475F-A2AB-D4947D27BAAF.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  45.6 KB

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Still one of my favorite brand ..434 mm Chronograph, perfect size!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by C4S; 03-05-2021 at 06:53 PM.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    I've checked around with the Omega ADs in Canada. They either don't get back to me on the watch I want, or they don't have it in stock.

Since I don't care about people tickling my balls in a fancy watch store, I see no reason to buy from an AD at this point.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I've checked around with the Omega ADs in Canada. They either don't get back to me on the watch I want, or they don't have it in stock.

Since I don't care about people tickling my balls in a fancy watch store, I see no reason to buy from an AD at this point.
    haha, I dont actually think it's that bad. I usually have it on order already at CJ and just pick up and go, On a price that my friend gets for me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    haha, I dont actually think it's that bad. I usually have it on order already at CJ and just pick up and go, On a price that my friend gets for me.
    I should just buy a watch like I buy a car. Email the sales manager with an offer. Make it fast and easy for both of us, and they move a unit.

My Ride
    ute

I think it's worth adding:

The exception to all of this is @Justing . I would go there to buy stuff just because I know the service IS exceptional there. But that's the difference - some people earn your loyalty and some don't.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think it's worth adding:

The exception to all of this is @Justing . I would go there to buy stuff just because I know the service IS exceptional there. But that's the difference - some people earn your loyalty and some don't.
    Now that there is only one Omega dealer in town, maybe Justin can make a run at being dealer #2 and creating a bit of competition. I suspect there would be quite a few customers that would love to deal with him vs the current option when they act like they are doing you a favour by selling you a watch.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I still have Justin service my Omegas lol

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

With my recent switch to Android, I picked up the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 to replace my apple watch.

Name:  20210309_152348.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  24.9 KB

My Ride
    X3

Thanks for the kind words guys, I really do appreciate it!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Justing View Post
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I really do appreciate it!
    As mentioned by someone else here, you can send Omega for scheduled service?

My Ride
    X3

Yes absolutely, goes to the same servicing center and pricing is according to Omega's quotes.
    However they are pretty delayed on repairs across all Swatch brands.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    Second on Calgary Jewelry, bought my Seamaster 007 and Oris Aquis from there, my friend setup the deal for me though and he buys 6-10 a year from them. So depends on who you know, a reaonsable deal can be have.
    Which Aquis did you get? I bought my Aquis and Hangang Limited from CJ and the service was outstanding. Worked on price with me very well. Looking forward to seeing the new location.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Name:  1CD850E8-A145-451F-B84C-1D51982F0BF1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  53.7 KB

Set my mum up with a new Apple Watch SE yesterday and decided to take her old (slightly broken) one for a spin to see what the fuss is about. I think it’s an Apple Watch 3, cracked in the corner which has made the entire left side of the touch screen non functional, in women’s size I guess.

I have a very hard time seeing how this isn’t a gimmick, sure it was cool to see how much gas my car has or open my garage door without pulling out my phone ( not going to say it was any easier finding the specific app I wanted on that tiny ass screen than just picking up my phone which is never more than a few inches away ).

Checked my resting heart rate, that was novel I guess. I don’t find notifications on it useful or intuitive at all, first thing I had to figure out was how to shut the thing up since it was so loud.

I dunno. Definitely not for me and I would say any curiosity I had for the product is thoroughly gone. I think I would have to put a ton of effort into making it a useful tool, and it’s hard to say it’s not pretty ugly compared to the alternative I would wear. Everyone I know is into these things and I just don’t get it, my wife has one, my mom has one, my MiL has one, my brother and his wife are all super into them ( I think I actually bought half of them as gifts over the years ).

Likely getting tossed in a drawer before it gets a second charge. I’d much rather spend the 500 bucks getting a new phone every year than to add this into the hamster wheel Apple product rotation.
    Last edited by killramos; 03-11-2021 at 04:10 PM.

fact.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Which Aquis did you get? I bought my Aquis and Hangang Limited from CJ and the service was outstanding. Worked on price with me very well. Looking forward to seeing the new location.
    I bought the Clean Ocean Limited when it came out.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Name:  1CD850E8-A145-451F-B84C-1D51982F0BF1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  53.7 KB

Set my mum up with a new Apple Watch SE yesterday and decided to take her old (slightly broken) one for a spin to see what the fuss is about. I think it’s an Apple Watch 3, cracked in the corner which has made the entire left side of the touch screen non functional, in women’s size I guess.

I have a very hard time seeing how this isn’t a gimmick, sure it was cool to see how much gas my car has or open my garage door without pulling out my phone ( not going to say it was any easier finding the specific app I wanted on that tiny ass screen than just picking up my phone which is never more than a few inches away ).

Checked my resting heart rate, that was novel I guess. I don’t find notifications on it useful or intuitive at all, first thing I had to figure out was how to shut the thing up since it was so loud.

I dunno. Definitely not for me and I would say any curiosity I had for the product is thoroughly gone. I think I would have to put a ton of effort into making it a useful tool, and it’s hard to say it’s not pretty ugly compared to the alternative I would wear. Everyone I know is into these things and I just don’t get it, my wife has one, my mom has one, my MiL has one, my brother and his wife are all super into them ( I think I actually bought half of them as gifts over the years ).

Likely getting tossed in a drawer before it gets a second charge. I’d much rather spend the 500 bucks getting a new phone every year than to add this into the hamster wheel Apple product rotation.
    Sweet scar brah

Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast