Quantcast
6-hour Edmonton crime spree nets crook 6-8 cars and multiple criminal charges - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 6-hour Edmonton crime spree nets crook 6-8 cars and multiple criminal charges

My Ride
    Turbo charged 1977 Datsun 280Z

Default 6-hour Edmonton crime spree nets crook 6-8 cars and multiple criminal charges

Hey guys

Crazy day for crazy car theft stories. This wreaked havoc for 6 hours before he was stopped...

http://www.calgarybeacon.com/2011/08...minal-charges/

Markham

My Ride
    Toyota 86 Wannabe (FR-S)

The RCMP Police dog named Bolt is the law enforcement member who brought down a suspect believed to be responsible for the theft of several vehicles from Stony Plain, Thorsby, Leduc, Strathcona and Edmonton.

The crime spree began when 31-year old Tavis Cormac Gorham allegedly stole a vehicle from a home in the rural area south of Stony Plain. The homeowner who lives near Range Road 12 and Township Road 511, was home when an Gorham allegedly entered the home and demanded keys to a pick-up truck that was parked outside. Gorham was confronted by the homeowners dog and fled the residence, taking a pick-up truck that was parked outside and fleeing the property.

During the four hours that followed, it is alleged that Gorham went on to steal between 6-8 vehicles in the Edmonton area. The suspect allegedly stole his last vehicle near the Edmonton International Airport and then headed northeast, entering Strathcona County and the city of Edmonton. It is alleged that during this crime spree that Gorham also broke into homes, purposefully rammed other motorists off the highway and forced police vehicles off the road while they were pursuing him. During one of the car thefts, when fleeing the scene, Gorham allegedly rammed the owner of one of the stolen vehicles, who was driving a different vehicle and attempting to prevent Gorham from leaving the property.

Along with the break-ins and car thefts, it is alleged that Gorham also committed assaults, uttered threats, stole other property, failed to stop for police, drove dangerously on the highway and was in possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine.

At no time did the RCMP enter into a pursuit of any of the stolen vehicles. The RCMP helicopter located and began tracking the suspect in one of the stolen vehicles at just after 12:30 p.m. The vehicle was heading east on Anthony Henday Drive towards Sherwood Park. The vehicle then headed north on Highway 216, exited onto Highway 16 eastbound. It was on Highway 16 where RCMP were able to stop the suspect’s stolen vehicle by employing a spike belt. Police say Gorham then fled the vehicle and attempted to flag down another vehicle when he was apprehended by the police dog, Bolt.

Gorham was taken into police custody and is now facing 45 charges. He had to be transported to Leduc Hospital where he was treated for dog bite injuries before being taken to the Leduc Detachment.

Gorham is now facing the following charges. Nine charges of theft of a motor vehicleover $5000 . Two charges of breaking & entering with intent. One charge of breaking & entering and committing. Two charges of possession of property obtained by crime under $5000. Three charges of failure to stop at scene of collision. One count of dangerous operation causing bodily harm. One count each of utter threats to cause bodily harm and assault. One count of Flight From Police 10 and one count of assault With a weapon. Two counts of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. One count of possession of a controlled substance. Two counts of possession of propertyobtained by crime under $5000. And finally, eighteen counts of breach of recognizance.

Gorham was brought before a Justice but did not speak to his release. Tavis Gorham remains in custody and is appearing in Edmonton Provincial Court on August 3rd, 2011 for charges laid by the Edmonton Police Service and on August 4th in Leduc Provincial Court to answer to the charges above. Gorham was also wanted on numerous outstanding warrants at the time of his arrest.

Residents who live in the areas included in this spree are asked to contact their respective RCMP Detachments if they believe they were approached by this individual or, have any information that would assist investigators in identifying additional crimes.

Photo by: Kevin Chow

post in current events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11one

My Ride
    W204

High on drugs..
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Awesome. He'll be in jail for a solid 48 hours.

That'll show him.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    G6

That dawg be mad.

My Ride
    Ram SRT-10

Originally posted by JustGo
    Awesome. He'll be in jail for a solid 48 hours.

That'll show him.
    It would have been 48 but he "uttered threats" so he's done for now..

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

forced police vehicles off the road while they were pursuing him.
    At no time did the RCMP enter into a pursuit of any of the stolen vehicles.
    The RCMP made sure to not pursue him but allowed EPS to?
    Last edited by Modelexis; 08-04-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by Modelexis

The RCMP made sure to not pursue him but allowed EPS to?
    ????
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.