Quantcast
Whats better?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who has the better list?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lazy's List

32 69.57%
  • Friends List

14 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats better??

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Default Whats better??

Ok so I am having a "discussion" with someone I know on what cars are better...

My List:
    Paganni Zonda
    Koenigsegg
    Lamborghini Murcielago
    Ferrari Enzo

Her List:
    69 camaro 454 big block
    69 GTO judge
    72 camaro
    78 Trans am 400 big block

Now she is argues that her list of 4 is better than my list of 4..
    Now needless to say I am bias against Domestics... But still

Vote what you think is the better list. Consider Overall Performance, Handling, Appearance, Resale Value, and anything else you can think of.

And also explain your vote.

Cheers.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

you cant even comepare super cars with classics

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

well thats whats happening..

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Preview of the rest of this thread...

Apples are better than Oranges!
    No they're not
    Yes they are
    No they're not
    Yes they are
    No they're not
    Yes they are
    No they're not
    Yes they are
    No they're not
    Yes they are
    Whatever, swap whatever car names/manufacturers you want in the first one. People like the cars they like and there doesn't have to be logic or reason behind it - one car isn't better than another. You like the current day supercars, your friend obviously likes Classic Muscle Cars. You both win. Or lose. I've lost the last few minutes of my life on this thread, can I have them back?

Last edited by 1badPT; 01-20-2004 at 07:22 PM.

^^ well everyone knows that oranges are better then apples.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

bs!

Apples are where its at!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Your friends list pretty much.. sucks.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

heh.. sell the Enzo and buy her entire list..lol

Then light the 78 TA on fire in front of her

Why anyone would consider ANY car from 1978 a classic is beyond me!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by kevie88

Why anyone would consider ANY car from 1978 a classic is beyond me!
    Thats probably the kind of car year she was conceived or born in!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Mind you, if you each have to suck dick until you earn enough money to buy the cars on your lists, she'll win.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Pagani Zonda
    Koenigsegg

Those cars could rape all her cars on her list. Especially the new Koenigsegg. Yes her cars are legends and classics, however your list is exotics super cars.

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Whats a Zonda?

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Pagani Zonda C12

When Pagani released the Zonda C12 in 1999, it instantly shot to cult status.

Like many Italian exotics, the look and styling cues were as much a part of the attraction as the thumping Mercedes-sourced 6.0-litre V12. But when pricing starts at $580,000, it's not the kind of car that the average pay packet takes care of.

New for 2002, this is only Pagani's third car ever produced. The first was the C12 in 99, soon followed by the C12-S, which used the larger AMG-tuned Mercedes V12, and now the 7.3-litre V12-engined Zonda is here.

New features over the base model C1 - if you can call it that - include the larger 7.3-litre AMG-tuned engine, new OZ Racing wheels, Brembo brakes, a revised air intake system plus TCS and ABS, just in case you get a little overzealous with the 'fast' pedal.

With low weight, a mid-mounted engine (located just behind the driver), aerodynamically adjusted, wind tunnel-derived styling, and a 7291cc engine that grinds out a prodigious 414kW @ 5900rpm, the new Zonda is no slacker.

This 400+kW is transferred to the rear wheels via an AP twin-plate clutch connected to a six-speed transmission, and while that's more power than most would know what to do with, it's the 750Nm of torque occuring @ 4050rpm that helps propel the 2002 Pagani to 100km/h in 3.6 seconds.

That makes the Zonda more than half a second quicker than its V12 competitor, the 2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello, which does the same sprint in 4.2 seconds.

At 355km/h, the new Zonda isn't for the faint of heart. It'd be perfect for circle work, though.

Getting to such giddy speeds is just as much due to the special aerodynmics and body styling as it is to the thumping Mercedes engine. The deep chin-spoiler, low side skirts and special rear diffuser all contribute to a low drag co-efficient.

With double wishbones-type suspension at all four corners, the Zonda is said to be much more user-friendly than the McLaren F1, for instance, because it has longer suspension travel, allowing for 'almost' everyday usage.

While the latest Pagani's major drawcard would have to be its gargantuan 7.3-litre V12, there's a lot of other aspects to get excited about. The only downside to the car would be the asking price of just under 600,000 bones and of course the on-going insurance costs. We shudder to think...

But it's cars like this that bring a smile to the face of many young boys, regardless of whether or not they'll get to drive one. The Pagani marque is noted for its solid build quality and finish, which many exoctic/rare supercars often come under criticism for. For this reason and many others, Pagani looks like selling quite a few new Zondas - in the vicinity of 30-40 per year - and the Modena-based manufacturer has a healthy future ahead.

Last edited by /////AMG; 01-20-2004 at 08:15 PM.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

this thread is kinda retarded...i mean its like me making a thread, what would u take...50 bucks ro 5 million......geee tough one

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

each car, both the Detroit Muscle and the Supercars have their niche, different strokes for different folks. People need to learn to appreciate both. Its just like the wars that always emerge with domestic vs import and "displacement" arguements.
    Travel

Oranges!

...and Koenigsegg is badass.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

oranges, and yea you cant even compare those its just unfair performance wise...but like other people said, all personal liking

the friends list can be acheived by almost anyone... $160,000 for all 4 if you buy museum low mileage creampuffs...

$160,000 will get you laughed at by the dealers on your list

apples and oranges.

My Ride
    91 Nissan 240sx, 96 Acura Integra, 08 Accord Honda

Smile

I have no ideas why have to compare ? they both are car. For example, somebody love "Initial D", AE86 or AE85.....but why? is that because the cartoon, they are old? they are classical? they have great feeling for driver? they are FR car? i think they are both very beautiful car. In fact, 69 camaro 454 big block,69 GTO judge,72 camaro,78 Trans am 400 big block are very good taste when you look at them.... what are a history story. they are very difficult to keep until now. The engine sound must be very nice too. if you have money, you may not be able to buy one as new.
    BC Double

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast