Quantcast
What rewards cards do you have? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What rewards cards do you have?

Originally posted by Khyron

Assuming you pay it off every month, you'd be crazy not to use a rewards card of some sort for every single purchase you can.
    +1

I have the RBC Avion Visa and use it for everything. I've transferred my RBC points to BA Miles during the 1.5x promotion twice now, turning ~133,333 RBC points to 200,000 BA Miles. A trip through Cathay Pacific (BA Partner) to Asia is 50K so it's worth it to me. I haven't redeemed anything yet though and Cathay only flies from Van so that's the downside.

I also have Air Miles and Aeroplan but they're pretty terrible programs imo. Best Buy Reward Zone is pretty cool if you buy a lot of electronics.

I have the PC Financial MC for PC Points but never use it anymore since I pay an annual fee for Avion.

Originally posted by eblend

Unless something changed since last time I was in the know, there is no "$4/$5" dollar fee + % , it is just a percentage. American Express charges the most, hence why you don't find too many places that accept it. Both debit and credit charge, but debit charges little less and is therefore prefered by small shops (think back to Memory Express back in the day, used to have to pay a surcharge just to use your credit card)
    it might be different in canada than in the US, but credit cards are still WAY MORE expensive than cash or even debit http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2009/04/16/f-cardfees.html

we're all just paying for this in increased prices.

My Ride
    TDi

I use scene, coop membership, and my cc is 1% cashback. I applied for the mbna cash back card and its gonna be 5% cash back for the first six months then 3%. Not too bad! I use my credit on pretty much everything so that cashback rewards is pretty good.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    240sx

Originally posted by 403ep3
    I use scene, coop membership, and my cc is 1% cashback. I applied for the mbna cash back card and its gonna be 5% cash back for the first six months then 3%. Not too bad! I use my credit on pretty much everything so that cashback rewards is pretty good.
    Is the cashback really worth it? ~how much do you get back? 200-300$ a year?

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

-Priority Club (IHG Hotels)
    -Plum Rewards (Chapters/Indigo)
    -Crappy cash-back TD Credit Card

My Ride
    POS

i wonder how much you need to spend for a Avion in order to make the $$$$ worth to apply.
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2