Quantcast
Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread! - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011-2012 Ski Season Thread!

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Originally posted by asp integra

actually they dont get any gear ahead of time, atleast they didnt wen i was down there skiing for a summer 3 years ago. all the gear was stuff i had seen here all winter season and thats all they had a full season late, and its all super expensive.
    I confirmed today at work. We get skis, boards and certain sizes of boots a season ahead. It's pretty weird. We're getting the 2013 seth morrison full tilt in a 26.5-28.5 and the 2012 in a 29.5. The Salomons were all 2012s, but the Dalbello's we're getting are all gonna be 2013s I guess. All outerwear/goggles/helmets etc are half a season behind NA.

I ordered the 2013 Opus and the 2013 AK JJ today and I'll just pick between them when they get here.

My Ride
    Lariat

hmm they must have changed the distribution in the last few years then. I always through it was strange because the NZ park scene is always the kick off/pre cursor to the start of skiing in NA.

Its interesting that K2 stuff is coming out though because they always used to do mid season releases (jan/feb) of their next years gear where as all the other companies used to wait till the end of summer/fall to release all their stuff to the shops
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    05' Accord LX-V6

Sort of a plug for Louise, but they just released this video on their facebook account. Pretty sweet deal to me, just need to make 2 trips out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcwiI...ature=youtu.be

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Dropped by Louise on Friday. The snow report said 26 cm overnight, and I believe it at the top, unfortunately, at the bottom of the hill that was all rain. for the morning Paradise, Top of the World were shut down for avi control.
    The hill was an odd mix of rainy slush, wet fresh snow. hard icy crust and a couple of unexplained pockets of dry powder. For a guy whose technique is as bad as mine, ti was nearly unskiable. Still, had a good time and it beat the hell out of working.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Sunshine wasnt too bad yesterday, snow and sun, shoulder was great.

Been hiking lots this spring, never done it before now but damn is it fun.

Went last weekend to Bow Summit with snow shoes and got some awesome turns in. Went to K-Country today and rented a split board, but the snow was less than stellar. Warm weather and not has taken its toll.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

k2 and Line skis just came in today. The opus is sick! Looks like it could be the one I'll end up with, gotta wait on the AK JJ now but pretty impressed with the dimensions an stiffness on the Opus.

Spoons and Asp Integra were bang on with the k2 prediction. The Pettitor is a noodle. Not too bad right underfoot, but the tips are super flexy. Almost too soft, I'm gonna have to see what people say about them further into the season. Definitely wouldn't be able to use them myself. They also have an insane amount of rocker at both the tip and tail. Look good though, and seem to be a good option for lighter skiers.

Originally posted by Freeskier
    k2 and Line skis just came in today. The opus is sick! Looks like it could be the one I'll end up with, gotta wait on the AK JJ now but pretty impressed with the dimensions an stiffness on the Opus.

Spoons and Asp Integra were bang on with the k2 prediction. The Pettitor is a noodle. Not too bad right underfoot, but the tips are super flexy. Almost too soft, I'm gonna have to see what people say about them further into the season. Definitely wouldn't be able to use them myself. They also have an insane amount of rocker at both the tip and tail. Look good though, and seem to be a good option for lighter skiers.
    Not so much lighter skiers, just skiers who want a more playful ski. Thing is with you at your weight, they will be too playful.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Haha yeah I meant lighter than me. I used to ride the seth pistol and this flex seems to have gone back to that ultra soft powder stick. No doubt a really sweet backcountry jibber, but at my size I'd bend it in half on any landing.

Originally posted by Freeskier
    Haha yeah I meant lighter than me. I used to ride the seth pistol and this flex seems to have gone back to that ultra soft powder stick. No doubt a really sweet backcountry jibber, but at my size I'd bend it in half on any landing.
    Oh with out a doubt hahaha. Look at Sean Pettit too... not too big of a kid.

My Ride
    Lariat

was at louise today, super warm and soft but alot of fun. the jumps got really slushy/soft but still alot of fun
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

My Ride
    Lariat

kinda getting to the end of the season here but still some good riding to be had. was at louise again today, i love doing laps in that park, so many good hits. also threw my first cork 7 today and rode away like a thug! lol. it was good to get that trick out of the way!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

Rode sunshine today and remembered why I haven't bothered going there in the last 5 years. Ice and mougles in the morning, then covered in slush in the afternoon. I think I left at around 12:30
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

Anyone hear about the idiots who hiked wawa without any gear and the only thing that saved them is a cell phone?

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Anyone hear about the idiots who hiked wawa without any gear and the only thing that saved them is a cell phone?
    Isn't that roughly 75% of the people back there?

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Isn't that roughly 75% of the people back there?
    Yeah that is everyone.

Honestly if I didn't have my gear I would still hike it. Doesn't really slide all that often. That isn't saying I would purposely leave my gear at home knowing I was hiking there.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

http://vimeo.com/40878018

notg sure how to embed from vimeo, but hot damn this guy has style. Just updated my trick list for the season so include some of these hits.

My Ride
    Lariat

delorme kills it! so much style and so much different than the average park skier
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:

Originally posted by Spoons

Yeah that is everyone.

Honestly if I didn't have my gear I would still hike it. Doesn't really slide all that often. That isn't saying I would purposely leave my gear at home knowing I was hiking there.
    The 2 guys cliffed out, avi peeps had to detonate 2 charges below them. Then had to skin in at night time because that was the only time it was stable enough.

Shoulda let em figure their own way out.

Originally posted by lasimmon

The 2 guys cliffed out, avi peeps had to detonate 2 charges below them. Then had to skin in at night time because that was the only time it was stable enough.

Shoulda let em figure their own way out.
    Make the news? Who did the search and rescue? Banff Park Wardens?

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 LastLast