Quantcast
My favorite Keg item - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My favorite Keg item

Default My favorite Keg item

We're in Red Deer for the weekend. Just had an awesome dinner at my favorite restaurant. What did I have? Off-the-menu "Keg-O-Rama". 24 oz prime rib. Mmmmmmmm

My Ride
    Subaru GR

wow!! What that does that run you back?
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Looks disgusting. Price?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Mooooo!!!!!!

Dayum but that's how I like 'em done! Just past blue rare!

Haha. Funny how to some ppl that's disgusting. My wife can't even watch me eat it. Makes her gag. To me.....OMG *droooool*. Melt in my mouth goodness.
    It's not on the Keg menu, but it goes for $36.95. Not bad when the 16 oz goes for $28.95.

Soo good! Isn't it called the Kega-Mega though? Hahah
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

I'm not a fan of the Keg. I typically avoid chain restaurants but have been a few times using gift certificates. I've always had bad food, since everything is either processed in a factory or improperly cooked (I've had overcooked lobster, skin on mashed potatoes from sitting under heat lamps for too long, tough baseball steaks, etc. etc. etc.). not to mention that given all of the advertising and everything, I feel like i'm eating steak in a Denny's or something.

IMO there are far better options among the many excellent independent steak/seafood restaurants for the same price. Hell, even Reef n' Beef is way better than the Keg.

My Ride
    is Invisible

Ya, that doesn't look good at all. Their peppercorn new yorker cooked medium is unreal though... and it is a whole shit load of beef too. Although i enjoy the keg, i LOVE the salt lik.
    Last edited by beyond_ban; 08-14-2011 at 11:20 AM.

My Ride
    EF8

If its not rare its not a steak.

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    Soo good! Isn't it called the Kega-Mega though? Hahah
    Calgary Keg's call it that. Apparently the Red Deer Keg called it "Keg-O-Rama". I just call it a 24 Oz Prime Rib.

Originally posted by OriginalGoods
    If its not rare its not a steak.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Ya, that doesn't look good at all. Their peppercorn new yorker cooked medium is unreal though... and it is a whole shit load of beef too. Although i enjoy the keg, i LOVE the salt lik.
    See, IMO, anyone that likes THAT kind of steak, really isn't into steak. You could just as well use chuck or blade steak in that dish and it would pretty much taste the same. All spice and sauce.

A true steak lover loves the best cuts without much more than a little bit of salt & pepper and maybe some olive oil. And RARE. Cooking a tenderloin or Rib-eye anything more than medium is just ruining it. blech. Might as well boil it.

^^i agree, steak is best rare, with just salt and pepper. you certainly don't want to cover it in a sauce, sauce is used in the restaurant industry for covering up the taste of not-totally-fresh meat.

oh...and a little known fact; I used to eat at the very first Keg Restaurant in North Van. It was originally called the "Keg and Cleaver". That was in '71.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    oh...and a little known fact; I used to eat at the very first Keg Restaurant in North Van. It was originally called the "Keg and Cleaver". That was in '71.
    is that what allows you to tell people how a "real" steak eater should like a steak?

people like different things, too many haters on here. I agree with most though I have never had a great steak from a chain like that keg it's always the smaller places that cook one up good because they have real chefs who care about the food.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Holy fawk, ur just as old at Kritafo. Friggin dinosaurs.

I have a $50 G/C to the Keg that I havent used. After seeing this Kega-Mega, I might have to use it but cooking my medium rare. Blue rare is too alive for my liking.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by Type_S1

people like different things, too many haters on here.
    pot calls kettle black. remember the thread where the guy had that awesome hyundai genesis, and you spent several pages shitting all over the car, the price, hyundai in general, and anyone else who liked the guys car? interesting.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 08-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.

My Ride
    Ford F150

^ lol

The Keg has one of the best and most consistant prime ribs in Calgary. I get mine medium rare though, I find it's more tender.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Originally posted by dj_rice

Holy fawk, ur just as old at Kritafo. Friggin dinosaurs.

I have a $50 G/C to the Keg that I havent used. After seeing this Kega-Mega, I might have to use it but cooking my medium rare. Blue rare is too alive for my liking.
    LOL...yes I am old! If you go, also try their Cheesecake!!! GodDAMN it's good!! We'll sometimes just drop in late at night and grab two to go. They also have a new "Key lime pie" that's supposed to be really good too. Although I haven't tried it.

Originally posted by Guillermo

pot calls kettle black. remember the thread where the guy had that awesome hyundai genesis, and you spent several pages shitting all over the car, hyundai, and anyone else who liked the guys car? interesting.
    BAHAHAHAHA!!! Buuuuuurn!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast