Quantcast
Cayenne turbo insurance. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cayenne turbo insurance.

My Ride
    something green

Default Cayenne turbo insurance.

Anyone driving one of these and care to share what you are paying for insurance?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    BB6 | E60

Call and get a quote. There are so many factors.. age/driving record/previous claims.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

NM
    Last edited by 2002civic; 08-16-2011 at 08:01 AM.

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

Originally posted by nixrx8
    Call and get a quote. There are so many factors.. age/driving record/previous claims.
    An old man with no accidents but definately signs of mental health problems.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Is this one of those high-mileage $20k specials? That always looks so baller.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    something green

Yeah I know there are a lot of factors, but some of the quotes I got seem a little ludicrous..

Thanks for that kanetix link, very interesting to see such a huge spread in pricing.
    I found out the comprehensive insurance on a cayenne is huge, it has a very high theft claim rate. Still cheaper than the Gwagon I was looking at, but still pretty floored at the yearly rate.. The twin turbo part doesn't seem to be that huge of factor over the non turbo
    @CUG, no its not a 20k high mileage, its a 2008 with 56k KM's on it, black on black.. Found an 09 with 31k on it, but comprehensive theft on the 09,10 and 11 are a point higher than the 08, which means even more to insure.
    So far the bargain family rocket to insure is the SRT8 Jeep, its a 1/3rd of the price of the cayenne and 1/4 of the g wagon.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Maxt
    Yeah I know there are a lot of factors, but some of the quotes I got seem a little ludicrous..

Thanks for that kanetix link, very interesting to see such a huge spread in pricing.
    I found out the comprehensive insurance on a cayenne is huge, it has a very high theft claim rate. Still cheaper than the Gwagon I was looking at, but still pretty floored at the yearly rate.. The twin turbo part doesn't seem to be that huge of factor over the non turbo
    @CUG, no its not a 20k high mileage, its a 2008 with 56k KM's on it, black on black.. Found an 09 with 31k on it, but comprehensive theft on the 09,10 and 11 are a point higher than the 08, which means even more to insure.
    So far the bargain family rocket to insure is the SRT8 Jeep, its a 1/3rd of the price of the cayenne and 1/4 of the g wagon.
    Did you actually talk to your insurance provider? After I read your post I was messing around on my quoting software and yes the SRT8 is the cheapest of the bunch but it's not 1/3 of the Porsche or MB. Using generic old guy statistics with clean record living in the suburbs I only got a variance of $700 a year from best to worst messing around with those vehicles. Online quoting can be pretty tricky to get an accurate price, lots of pitfalls. I suggest you call your current provider to get some numbers.

Regardless of which one you end up with I'm sure the smile factor when you floor it will make you forget all about insurance costs!

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    something green

Yeah I have been running numbers online and with the 2 insurance companies I currently deal with. Right now the best number I have is 900 for jeep, 2400 for cayenne and gwagon is 4100. Gwagons are built for full time ballers I guess.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

Yeah I have been running numbers online and with the 2 insurance companies I currently deal with. Right now the best number I have is 900 for jeep, 2400 for cayenne and gwagon is 4100. Gwagons are built for full time ballers I guess.
    Something is definitely not coming up right then. With $900 on the Jeep the other two should be no more than $1800.

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Something is definitely not coming up right then. With $900 on the Jeep the other two should be no more than $1800.

OP, are you the only driver at home?
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    something green

No, my wife drives as well as part time driver. should clarify G wagon is amg G55.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    POS

No, my wife drives as well as part time driver. should clarify G wagon is amg G55.

i bet your wife isn't the most ideal for insurance company(age, license and insurance history). the different seems way too far to me. i would suggest call around or call again talk to different person? good luck
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

I think there's a sign to deal with Masked Bandit rather than just get his opinions.
    Mercs

My Ride
    something green

The high insurance cost is kind of taking away the want to have. It may not seem like a lot, but I have been use to paying 1000.00 a year for 3 vehicles.
    Too loud for Aspen

why are you so scared of the telephone OP?
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

The high insurance cost is kind of taking away the want to have. It may not seem like a lot, but I have been use to paying 1000.00 a year for 3 vehicles.
    I can assume this is just PL/PD.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride

I want to be clear that I'm not trolling for business here, I'm just obviously in a better than average position to offer some unbiased advice.

When I check a SRT8 versus a G55, regardless of who the driver is there should only be about a 50% increase on the G55 over the SRT8 with the Porsche somewhere in the middle, apples to apples. That's my concern. If you're a 21 year old with a few tickets and the SRT8 is $3000 then the G55 should only be $4500. If OP's price on the SRT8 is only $900 then the G55 shouldn't be anymore than $1400. There's no way he should be $900 on the Jeep, $2400 on the Porsche & $4100 on the G55.

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by chkolny541
    why are you so scared of the telephone OP?
    Been on and off the phone all day over insurance.

My Ride
    something green

That's interesting about that, maybe I am getting the Merc baller discount.
    The conversations snowball about coverage and every rep wants a poke at my whole insurance portfolio. I have this that's higher this that's lower etc that now I need a couple of days to go through the different quotes I have. I know now my current rep isntt giving me a good price on higher end insurance, thanks guys.
    Last edited by Maxt; 08-17-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast