56 71.79%
  • Other(please specify)

6 7.69%
Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New End Of Summer Cruise!!

My Ride
    changes every year

Default New End Of Summer Cruise!!

alright everyone, since chantastic and swak did such a good job and took alot of time organizing the last cruise, i thought id take it upon myself to try and plan the next one. if anyone wants to help, let me know.

heres the thing, the plan was changed so many times where it could have stayed the same because of the lack of cars that did come, so the question is, did everyone like the Drum cruise and want to do it again, or do you guys want to do a Banff cruise?

so heres the new list, add yourself to it and also where you want to cruise on the poll and at the end we will decide where to go based on how many votes we got and we will find the best route.

if anyone has any other suggestions, man up, let me know im a first timer at this, i might be going about it the wrong way completely lol

DATE: SEPTEMBER 11TH (SUNDAY)
    MEET:12400 Crestmont Blvd SW
    ROLL IN TIME: Ill be there by 10, leave at 1045 SHARP(seriously this time lol)

bikes will be out front like they were last time GOnSHO will be in front as he knows where we will be going when we get close to banff

We will be taking Trans-Canada Highway out to Banff, then heading north on Lake Minnewanka scenic drive and parking at the lake, where we will be doing BBQ.

Like mentioned before, if you dont wannt to have BBQ, you can venture out on your own.

1.03ozwhip-94 GT4 + 4 people from E-Town and 1-5 lowriders.
    2. STREETRACERX-stealth and friend with stealth RT
    3. nakadah-mazdaspeed3
    4.-swak-r6
    5.90accord-s14(maybe)
    6.twin_cam_turbo-05 legacy
    7.resurrected RA-RA wagon
    8.projekz-integra
    9.chico297-350z buddy 03 eclipse
    10. dannyo-sti
    11.squishy-celica
    12.heru-farukon- dc4
    13.cos-bike?
    14.max_boost-nsx
    15.zewind-07 civic
    16.jzz30dk-92 soarer
    17.gonsho=r6
    18.inrich-vette
    19.proboscis-accord se-i
    20.jsn-wrx
    21. r6_sens-R6
    22. rocketright-2000 jetta
    23.vengie-b7 s4
    24.8days/week-97 broken axle EK
    25.Magic_1971-not coming
    26.J.D.-94 GT4 or 08 gsxr
    27. 97luder-350z
    28. big_fat-boosted EK
    29. 403tunerclub-89 skyline
    30. augury-07 civic si
    31.kamatayan-e36 bmw
    32.silverrex-09 sti
    33.alpineguy-09 fit sport
    34. 90accord-90 accord?
    35. star-k-s2k, ITR, Lancer RA
    36. awkwardazn- lexus is
    37. boxer23-vette
    38. z_fairladygirl-300z friend with 90 talon
    40.xerofx-mazda 3 and da9
    41. strong- 01 sierra
    42. tymsmny- Ducati 1098, Ninja, BMW
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 09-10-2011 at 01:19 AM.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

I chose Banff, no real reason other than I've never driven there in my car yet.

My Ride
    changes every year

another thing is that i think that if you dont know if you will be coming or not dont post that you will as we will have to find spots for the certain amount of people to come.

since there were over 100 cars supposed to come and only 40 showed up, thats something we want to try and avoid. thanks!

I am in. I liked the Drumheller one, but since it is going to be a second cruise this year it would be nice if was to a different destination. I choose Banff.

PS: Why don't we make the cruise on Saturday instead of Sunday?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Definitely down!

Lets get the bike presence high again!

My Ride
    96 S14. 11 heep

Depending on day and time im in with the s14 and my buddy with his civic. Drum or banff for me i only went to strathmore last time anyways...

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Nakadah
    I am in. I liked the Drumheller one, but since it is going to be a second cruise this year it would be nice if was to a different destination. I choose Banff.

PS: Why don't we make the cruise on Saturday instead of Sunday?
    well firstly i agree another destination would be nice but i still wouldnt mind Drum. secondly, the sunday thing was based on me being off that day lol but i generally think sundays are better for cruises because most people have that day off.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

well firstly i agree another destination would be nice but i still wouldnt mind Drum. secondly, the sunday thing was based on me being off that day lol but i generally think sundays are better for cruises because most people have that day off.
    THIS.

Drumheller, we know already were not going to have a problem with Wal-Mart. I know its a little harder to find a big parking lot in Banff thats all. If theres only 40ish cars though, we should be fine at a bigger lot in Banff though.

Am looking forward to this.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Banff and I'm in again.

I'd be in for Banff.

All hail the D pillar!!

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I'm in! Integra

I'm cool with Banff but maybe we can organize something for Canmore this time...Nordic Center would be good or even the Safeway parking lot.

Either way I'm going.
    Last edited by projekz; 08-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

Thanks for your answers. I am sorry for forgetting what I will be with. Mazdaspeed 3 or Passat B6. I wouldn't mind Drumheller again as well.

My Ride
    2004 3.5, 2004 5.4, 1999 4.0

Doesn't matter to me. Did do drum already would be cool to switch it up, but I'll be there regardless of destination.
    '04 350Z and my buddy in the '03 eclipse again. hope to see you all out there again!

Out of town for school on this one, unfortunately. Good to see alot of people from the last cruise are definitely interested in doing another!

Just days before the last cruise date, I heard back from Wanita at Stoney Nakoda Resort in Kananaskis (403-881-2830), and as well someone (I forget who) from Kinsmen park in Strathmore (403-934-3133). Both places said it was ok to use their lots, so I told them we'd use them if Drumheller for whatever reason fell through. On top of that, I told them it would be around 70 cars and they were cool with that too. So you might wanna give them a shout if no one in Banff gets back to you (keep in mind you may have to pay to enter the park as well).

Good luck!

My Ride
    ST205

Would love to make this my second cruise but i have a double header race all weekend. Have a blast guys!
    Just dont speed through the park!! Personal experience

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Not going to be there, but, Banff sounds like the best option.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by Chantastic
    Out of town for school on this one, unfortunately. Good to see alot of people from the last cruise are definitely interested in doing another!

Just days before the last cruise date, I heard back from Wanita at Stoney Nakoda Resort in Kananaskis (403-881-2830), and as well someone (I forget who) from Kinsmen park in Strathmore (403-934-3133). Both places said it was ok to use their lots, so I told them we'd use them if Drumheller for whatever reason fell through. On top of that, I told them it would be around 70 cars and they were cool with that too. So you might wanna give them a shout if no one in Banff gets back to you (keep in mind you may have to pay to enter the park as well).

Good luck!
    thanks Jeff! ill definitely look into that. i forgot that you also have to pay through the tolls at banff, im not sure anyone will want to do this, chime in guys, could be Canmore? or possibly Stoney Nakoda for some in between cruise gambling lol

My Ride
    14' 435i

nobody really had a problem paying the last time we went to banff...

then we ended up hanging out by the lake for a bit and having a BBQ, some went into town and had lunch at earls or other places..

cory if you want help with this cruise, let me know

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I doubt I will be able to make it, but my suggestion would be to take Hwy 1A out to Hwy 40, head down to Peter Loughheed park (will find the area that is good to stop in later, if people are interested), then follow Hwy 40 south and out of the mountains to Longview, then north to Millarville then Hwy 762 north past Bragg Creek to Hwy 1, takes some time but is an awesome cruise with sweeping roads.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by GOnSHO
    nobody really had a problem paying the last time we went to banff...

then we ended up hanging out by the lake for a bit and having a BBQ, some went into town and had lunch at earls or other places..

cory if you want help with this cruise, let me know
    thanks man, well see in a week or 2 how the polls end up even though it looks like a landslide for Banff. once we know approximately how many people are coming we can talk and figure out the best place to stop

Originally posted by DannyO
    I doubt I will be able to make it, but my suggestion would be to take Hwy 1A out to Hwy 40, head down to Peter Loughheed park (will find the area that is good to stop in later, if people are interested), then follow Hwy 40 south and out of the mountains to Longview, then north to Millarville then Hwy 762 north past Bragg Creek to Hwy 1, takes some time but is an awesome cruise with sweeping roads.
    thanks danny, well take it into consideration as well. also, i better see you there, take a BHO or PDO dammit, thats what i did for last sunday. DOOO IIITTTT... even let Brian drive the STi and you can take pics!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast