Quantcast
Shaw: When did customer service hit the crapper? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw: When did customer service hit the crapper?

Default Shaw: When did customer service hit the crapper?

When did customer service at Shaw go so bad? Not that they are nasty, they are simply unreachable. For the last few days I have tried to call in, held for over 45 minutes and given up when my phone died. I just tried again (to change channel lineup) and the recording says a wait of over 2 hours. I also tried the online chat service, and after "holding" for a few minutes it says to "Try again" as "All representatives are helping other customers". Their online ordering system that they automated help they refer you to when you call in does not work either.

How does one reach Shaw? I thought they were superior to Telus and Bell when it comes to reaching them and getting matters resolved.

My Ride
    Torqueless wonder!

haha I know what you mean. I've been trying the past few days, it's always 2 hours whether I call at lunch or after work.

I decided to use the online message thing (not live) and got my internet upgrade done. Doesn't hurt to try.

I also noticed shaw tried to call me twice during work hours, which I assume was from my online message as well.

If you can try calling late at night or earlier in the morning since call times should be dramatically less. Don't they also have a call back option you can choose?

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Been the case for a while actually, at least 1 year from my experience. I have Telus now and really I find that I can reach them a ton faster, and they are a ton friendlier. I think Shaw and telus switched sides on customer service, I shit you not, as I know how brutal telus used to be

OP I feel your pain the gf and I are trying to sign up for home phone Internet and tv with them and we've tried three times now and had to leave after 45+ mins on the phone. You'd think they would try to keep wait times for new customers down to attract new customers but I guess they really don't want our business

Btw if any shaw employee is reading this, I am on my telus iPhone right now and have gone over my data limit because shaw cant get their act together so I'm paying out the ass to telus right now. Not only are you potentially losing my business but you are helping your competition profit!

I tried to get a hold of them as well for ever. Sometimes it doesnt offer the callback for some reason. I then got into an argument with the call center lady after I cancelled my service. I asked for xyz at $110.00. Buddy said I couldnt get it for less than $140.00

Called today to cancel after ordering telus...... lady says she can get me the same thing for $115.00! WTF. I told her I was cancelling out of spite. Dont waste two hours of my time if you could have done this from the start.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

In my opinion you just can't win. Doesn't matter who the service provider is. I use to have Telus home phone and internet with Bell Expressvu TV and Rogers cellphone. Then Telus offered me a cheaper package for everything so I took it. Reception was horrible at my house and their Optik TV was shit on a good day (back in 2008). Switched everything to Shaw for the home stuff since they offered me TV-internet-home phone for $68/month. Now I miss Expressvu from Bell and I'm back to Rogers for my cell.

Either the service sucks or the price does.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

^^ You may not win with any provider, but with Shaw you used to get what you expected for the $ you paid: reliability, service.

Such a waste Shaw has become. Still trying to connect. I recall Shaw as being solid in terms of service (I think it was even their selling point), but they would not budge on price because quality was at stake. Now, with promos and all, they have gone the Telus (or worse) way.

The call back feature is no longer available.

Second day has gone by trying to add to service. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

It'll only get worse with Shaw. They are fighting a losing battle that they can't possible have a hope in hell of winning.

The competition has more money, more manpower and can quite frankly make shaw go broke whenever they damn well want it.

As far as I'm concerned I'd love to see Shaw file for chapter 11. I'm sick of every single time you phone for support, its at least a half hour wait. One time I asked the CSR rep if she felt that was what they considered "good customer service". EVERY SINGLE TIME I've phoned...its a bloody ridiculous wait.
    I haven't made the jump yet...but I'm getting closer and closer. My sister just switched to Telus. When she phoned Shaw they got REALLY snotty with her. "Why didn't you inform us first...we could have gotten you the same deal...blah blah blah". She hasn't been totally happy with Telus just yet...a few technical glitches at the start. But I'm waiting to see how it goes with her before I make the switch.

I am having the same issue one of my PVRs has crapped out and I even offered to take it to their office to switch it for a new one, but no apparently this can't be done and I have to wait TEN DAYS for a service call which I think is a tad to long....I want to make the switch to Telus but I'm not totally sold on their services yet

Originally posted by hustler
    I am having the same issue one of my PVRs has crapped out and I even offered to take it to their office to switch it for a new one, but no apparently this can't be done and I have to wait TEN DAYS for a service call which I think is a tad to long....I want to make the switch to Telus but I'm not totally sold on their services yet
    They always say that you can't just bring it in to their office and swap it but I have in the past. When I was having PVR problems I didn't feel like waiting for an appointment so I just went down to their office on Barlow and they swapped it over the counter for me without any issue.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    As far as I'm concerned I'd love to see Shaw file for chapter 11. I'm sick of every single time you phone for support, its at least a half hour wait. One time I asked the CSR rep if she felt that was what they considered "good customer service". EVERY SINGLE TIME I've phoned...its a bloody ridiculous wait.
    I haven't made the jump yet...but I'm getting closer and closer. My sister just switched to Telus. When she phoned Shaw they got REALLY snotty with her. "Why didn't you inform us first...we could have gotten you the same deal...blah blah blah". She hasn't been totally happy with Telus just yet...a few technical glitches at the start. But I'm waiting to see how it goes with her before I make the switch.
    They were super snotty with me and told me that Telus was going to rape and murder my children (okay not really but they made it seem that Telus would foreclose on my house if I signed up with them).

I laugh every time I hear about people threatening or actually moving from Shaw to a telco.

I think some people really have no clue as to how bad the telcos really are.

I have had Shaw for 12+ years and have NEVER had an issue with them that would make me consider moving my service.

Originally posted by sputnik
    I laugh every time I hear about people threatening or actually moving from Shaw to a telco.

I have had Shaw for 12+ years and have NEVER had an issue with them that would make me consider moving my service.
    +1

Nothing but flawless service from Shaw, and I always get through to the call center with minimal hassle. Especially since they now have such cheap crazy fast internet, I couldn't imagine switching.

My family has been using them since high speed/cable internet was introduced and never any issues.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by sputnik

I always laugh when people keep telling themselves how amazing shaw is an are unwilling to look past their 1996 PVR technology and stuck with the old mentality. Things change, and unless you are a Shaw PVR yourself, perhaps it's time to look past 1996 and into the current environment.

Shaw is am much of a telco as Telus is now with their phone and cell service they are rolling out.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

I have had the shittiest time trying to get through to their call center, half an hour wait from what used to like 3-4 mins, one day i tried calling and the customer service number was busy from multiple phones. The fucking chat kept throwing errors online. Finally got through at like 8 in the morning, and the woman wasnt friendly at all. Brutal with shaw these days.

what the fuck happened to their call back service, never even gave me the option to do it.

I cant even login to their shitty ass online customer service to see my bill online. That new layout blows.

My Ride
    TL

i've had shaw for years, i remember calling back ~5-7 years ago, the wait time was maybe max <15 minutes and the repair guy came in the next day.

i called shaw last week and the wait time was 1.5 hrs and the repair guy is coming in two weeks.

sure calgay has grown, but in turn they are making more profit. get more employees!

My Ride
    Honda

It doesn't surprise me that beyond members haven't discovered the "call-back" feature. I laughed out loud when I read one of the replies above .... "I have tried to call in, held for over 45 minutes and given up when my phone died".

Never had a problem with Shaw cable or internet service that wasn't resolved in 48 hours or less.

Originally posted by KandabashiDevil
    It doesn't surprise me that beyond members haven't discovered the &quot;call-back&quot; feature. I laughed out loud when I read one of the replies above
    The system doesnt always prompt you if it is full and you cannot register for a callback if the music is playing, it has to prompt you first.

Guess you skipped over that part of my post.....

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast