Quantcast
Shaw: When did customer service hit the crapper? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaw: When did customer service hit the crapper?

My Ride
    an econo box

^Not only that, but my sister tried the callback service after having the same problem as the OP (2 hour hold times) and they called her 6 hours later than the scheduled call back time.

Something must be going on, are their call centre agents on strike or something?

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    ^Not only that, but my sister tried the callback service after having the same problem as the OP (2 hour hold times) and they called her 6 hours later than the scheduled call back time.

Something must be going on, are their call centre agents on strike or something?
    Haha I had shaw call me back at 10:45 at night on a weekday once. I had called that morning.

No they cut back staff because they 'lost money'. They put too much money into the wireless and other initiatives that they cant keep operating at the same customer costs with the same overheads.

To all of you bashing Telus. The woman I had on the phone was awesome. Not sure if I will like the service but I always have the option. After the service and 100% increase in cost I dont see why I should let shaw bend me over.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Lol nice, set a new personal record, been on hold for 1hr 15 mins and counting, awesome!!

The last time I spent this much time waiting to shell out money was boxing day 5 years ago.

I agree it can be bad with either shaw or telus but at least at telus I could talk to someone. Even if it was just to hear that they couldn't give me a deal on my flip phone plan yet I was paying as much per month as a Rogers iPhone with a good data plan haha. Telus also pissed me off recently as I signed up for text bill alerts and they have been texting me at 3-4am to let me know my bill is ready hahaha.

Edit: just got through 8:45.....
    Last edited by J-hop; 08-18-2011 at 08:47 PM.

I work for Shaw and I'm not going to sit here and defend them because we all know it's true. Call center issues are very much effecting our department as much as the customer (imagine dealing with these hold times several times a day!). Either way I believe a lot of recent issues are due to what we call the DNU 'Digital Network Upgrade' switch from analog to digital. Perhaps its the fear of hiring and letting go employees after the dust settles... Just my thoughts.

Sorry to hear you guys having issues. I've been with Shaw for a long time and I have always prided myself and this company with great customer service. I hope things improve in many ways soon.
    Last edited by Henningerhater; 08-19-2011 at 07:00 AM.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Not that I'm a huge fan of Shaw's, but...

I saw this thread yesterday knowing I had to call in later in the day, thinking "crap".

Called around 10, heard the "expected wait time is greater than 2 hours", thought "crap".

Got a call back within 20 mins... Not sure how or why, but was pleasantly surprised...

My Ride
    Hatred

Last time I called I used the callback feature and was called back in less than 10 minutes. The person I was dealing with was awesome on the line to, actually cracked jokes to me about their wait times.
    -U

Originally posted by you&me
    Not that I'm a huge fan of Shaw's, but...

I saw this thread yesterday knowing I had to call in later in the day, thinking "crap".

Called around 10, heard the "expected wait time is greater than 2 hours", thought "crap".

Got a call back within 20 mins... Not sure how or why, but was pleasantly surprised...
    Are you a current shaw customer? I bet you they log numbers and if you are a shaw customer they call you back.

Unknown how do you activate the callback feature. I had been on hold around 4 hours total this week before getting through and not once did I hear a single thing regarding a callback feature, or have you not called recently?

My Ride
    FIAT SPORT

I called last night. No callback feature. Wait time advisory was about 30 to 45 mins. I played Blackops for an hour, cleaned up the kitchen and took a shower. I got through after 1.5 hours.

The good thing is we found out that it's my wireless router that's making my internet slow. So I'm off to get a new router. D-link sucks!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I have been sent this promo code multiple times lately not sure its valid but its Broadband 50, Personal home phone, and personal tv (basic with a channel pack) for six months for $65.

Promo code 973
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

I was on hold multiple times with Shaw in getting them to pick up the modem after I switched to Telus. They called me a day after the Telus install and mentioned on the recording that I could drop off the modem at Shaw or a UPS depot or call them and they would send out a Shaw employee to make the pick up. After many hours on hold and no option for a call back, I dropped the modem off myself. Congrats Shaw, wore me down as was planned.

I have had to call Telus twice now, both times in and out in ten minutes. There is nothing I miss about Shaw, nothing at all, everything has been better with Telus.

Looking at switching my landline phone for Skype, on the fence but it will be done one day soon.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

My Ride
    AWOL

Originally posted by kamakurakid
    Looking at switching my landline phone for Skype, on the fence but it will be done one day soon.
    There's better options like Callcentric

saw this on redflag deals anyone know how to get this from telus or is it BS

$65/mo for 1 yr (120 after that) NO CONTRACT

-Your Pick HD
    -Optik Internet
    -Home Phone w/ 1 feature
    -Free PVR rental for lifetime

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

+1

Nothing but flawless service from Shaw, and I always get through to the call center with minimal hassle. Especially since they now have such cheap crazy fast internet, I couldn't imagine switching.

My family has been using them since high speed/cable internet was introduced and never any issues.
    I think it might be hardware related and where a customer is located. When I first moved to Calgary I lived in Shaunnessy. (As well as the previous 10 years in BC) Both places I never even had a need to call Shaw. Service was perfect. Internet fast, TV great.
    But for the past 10 years at my current house, I've had a technician out to our place probably 15 times. Each time it was a different explanation as to why I had such problems. (too weak a signal, too strong a signal, your modem is too old, your new modem has a governor...go back to old modem, etc, etc, etc.) on and on went the explanations. Each time they'd fix something different and each time the same problems kept coming back. My HD signal is pure crap. EVERY SINGLE night I get pixelated picture, dropped audio, blacked out channels. Most of the time I just put up with it and when it gets really bad, then I phone, and start the whole process over again. I had one technician tell me that "all the cabling from the nearest junction center in my area needs to be replaced, but Shaw doesn't want to do that just yet". Those were his words and he said "off the record".

Originally posted by Grogador

There's better options like Callcentric
    Yikes! I was waiting all nice for Skype to offer a Alberta number for incoming calls. Callcentric does this now, signing up this evening.

Thanks for the lead.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

I've had to call into shaw customer service twice this week and both times i've been able to get through to an agent within 10 minutes

Originally posted by C_Dave45

I think it might be hardware related and where a customer is located. When I first moved to Calgary I lived in Shaunnessy. (As well as the previous 10 years in BC) Both places I never even had a need to call Shaw. Service was perfect. Internet fast, TV great.
    But for the past 10 years at my current house, I've had a technician out to our place probably 15 times. Each time it was a different explanation as to why I had such problems. (too weak a signal, too strong a signal, your modem is too old, your new modem has a governor...go back to old modem, etc, etc, etc.) on and on went the explanations. Each time they'd fix something different and each time the same problems kept coming back. My HD signal is pure crap. EVERY SINGLE night I get pixelated picture, dropped audio, blacked out channels. Most of the time I just put up with it and when it gets really bad, then I phone, and start the whole process over again. I had one technician tell me that "all the cabling from the nearest junction center in my area needs to be replaced, but Shaw doesn't want to do that just yet". Those were his words and he said "off the record".
    If it's THAT bad then maybe Shaw isn't the best choice for you, at least until they upgrade the lines. If I had pixelated HD signals that couldn't be fixed and regular speed issues, I'd be looking for something else too.

Sorry guys, I've been away in Vancouver and haven't had a chance to check Beyond in a while.

There's no question our call wait times are much higher than we'd like. There's a number of reasons for the increase in activity and I won't get into all of them but August/September is our busiest time of the year given all the students who are going back to school and all the moves that are happening around these months.

There isn't a magic solution for us right now - we're hiring for our call centre but that's not an overnight solution. If you want to get a hold of us, I would suggest our online chat support at www.shaw.ca/chat. It's still a bit of a wait but I'd rather wait online and surf the net then call in to the phones personally.

And as always, if you have any questions or need some help, feel free to send me a PM. I'm always willing to lend a hand as I have with several Beyond members already.

My Ride
    STi

That reminds me that I have to call Shaw again. They dug up an internet cable for my house about 2 years ago and said they'd send someone to bury it. 2 years and several calls later, it's still sitting above ground in my alley. I drive over it every time I leave my house. I'm seriously surprised no neighborhood kids have come by and cut the cable or something. for shaw. If not for telus' slow internet, I would have switched a long time ago.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I have the new Shaw Gateway, with 3 portals, so far its not too bad. A few bugs, but nothing major.

I have the guys coming back to my house next week to try and solve some minor issues.

Wait time is nuts, but hey, thats what call back is for. Works alright.

I still milk Shaw for deals and what not when I have issues, they seem to cooperate...haha.

Internet is fine, this is just TV reception issues.

Originally posted by 89coupe

Wait time is nuts, but hey, thats what call back is for. Works alright.

As stated at least half a dozen times their call back feature has been disabled lately

Anarchy, really the best solution is to just get the call back function working again. I really don't give a shit about waiting 2.5hrs just to talk to someone, it's the fact I have to listen to the shitty music and can't do anything like watch a movie to pass the time as I've got a saxophone solo in the background the whole time and special 99 dollar packages which when you get through the person on the other end of the line knows nothing about.

Get this, when we got through the other night the girl on the line starts getting short with my gf. Whining about how she has to work overtime due to the high volume of calls. Not listening to what my gf wanted so by the end of it my gf says she doesn't even really know what exactly we got just that we have Internet, tv and phone and that someone will come by on Friday. My gf tried to ask about their 99$ basic package that they had been advertising for the 2 and a half hours we were on hold and the girl on the line shoots back with "what basic package, we have lots of packages".

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast