Quantcast
Steve Jobs just resigned :O - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs just resigned :O

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Steve Jobs didn't make every friggin decision for Apple! It will be totally fine.

Hope his health improves though. All Apple jokes aside, he has accomplished a considerable amount.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

Doesn't look good. I hope he hangs in there.

Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

there really needs to be a breakdance emoticon for situations like this.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2003 VW Jetta 1.8T Wolfsburg

TIME FOR.......

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by msommers
    Steve Jobs didn't make every friggin decision for Apple! It will be totally fine.
    Consider that iPhone 4 was created in his absence, he need to be there to make the right decisions to prevent another iPhone 4.

Apple is what it is today is Steve's ability to shut down all the bad designs.

AAPL stocks droped 5-6% after hours

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...ng-down-2011-8

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by spikers
    there really needs to be a breakdance emoticon for situations like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by wildrice
    AAPL stocks droped 5-6% after hours

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...ng-down-2011-8
    I would have thought it would go up, not down. The creator of all these shitty devices is gone, it can only go up from here.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by Mar

I would have thought it would go up, not down. The creator of all these shitty devices is gone, it can only go up from here.
    Yes, shitty devices. So shitty that Samsung, Blackberry, HP, Dell and many others decided to revisit the tablet market because Apple went back to it. And everyday we hear the phrase, "is this the next iPad killer?"

So shitty that before the iPhone a smart phone was either a Blackberry, that was only for email, solitaire, and a ball that would occasionally get stuck, or a Windows mobile phone that would constantly crash whether it's on a Treo, Palm, etc. And finally after a few years, only Android is the best alternative to iOS?

What other brand can you say creates as much excitement as Apple does today. It's amazing to see people who have zero interest in electronics be excited over Apple products. It's even more amazing to see a 3 year old pick up an Apple product, and immediately teach a 40 year old how to use it.

I don't think we would have Android the way it is if it wasn't for Apple. I don't think we would have the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Blackberry Playbook, or the $99 HP TouchPad, if it wasn't for the Apple. I don't think many small indie developers would be doing so well if it wasn't the introduction of the App Store by Apple.

Hate it or love it, Apple has changed our entire computing experience. So much that the largest PC manufacturer is leaving the PC market and doing a fire sale of their tablet.

This is truly an end of an era. Bill Gates has left his legacy of how our personal computers should interact with us. Steve Jobs now leaves his legacy on what we should expect out of our computing experience.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Zephyr

Yes, shitty devices. So shitty that Samsung, Blackberry, HP, Dell and many others decided to revisit the tablet market because Apple went back to it. And everyday we hear the phrase, "is this the next iPad killer?"

So shitty that before the iPhone a smart phone was either a Blackberry, that was only for email, solitaire, and a ball that would occasionally get stuck, or a Windows mobile phone that would constantly crash whether it's on a Treo, Palm, etc. And finally after a few years, only Android is the best alternative to iOS?

What other brand can you say creates as much excitement as Apple does today. It's amazing to see people who have zero interest in electronics be excited over Apple products. It's even more amazing to see a 3 year old pick up an Apple product, and immediately teach a 40 year old how to use it.

I don't think we would have Android the way it is if it wasn't for Apple. I don't think we would have the Samsung Galaxy Tab, Blackberry Playbook, or the $99 HP TouchPad, if it wasn't for the Apple. I don't think many small indie developers would be doing so well if it wasn't the introduction of the App Store by Apple.

Hate it or love it, Apple has changed our entire computing experience. So much that the largest PC manufacturer is leaving the PC market and doing a fire sale of their tablet.

This is truly an end of an era. Bill Gates has left his legacy of how our personal computers should interact with us. Steve Jobs now leaves his legacy on what we should expect out of our computing experience.

Sorry all Apple did was take other electronics and made them simple, then over priced them, made them fancy looking and marketed to people who have nothing better to spend money on.

On the other side of that your talking about two things, but you don't mention anything about there crappy computers.

Tablets are not new in any way, just smaller now. Just because Apple is selling them does not mean there this awesome thing. I think a lot of people still think that tablets are just over priced dumb downed netbooks. There was a reason why other companies never really pushed them because there a dead item, but to the starbucks kid who looks around to see if anyone is watching him touch his pad then its perfect.

I'll give you the fact that Iphone did make life simple for the 16 year old girl who wants to take pictures and play games, but the world still uses BB's in the corporate sector, which makes way more money.

IMO people get excited about the products in the store, but there still not buying. I get excited all the time when I see a Porsche, doesn't mean im going to buy one. Sure the simple and a little kid can use it, but unless that little kid has rich parents, he is not going to own one.

Anyways your brainwashed like some others. You can spend your money on silly things to look cool.

On a side note I hope that with buddy out that they will make some better decisions. For Apple to stay alive they need to push into the corporate world, because the consumer sector is getting flooded. I just think they are to late in the game to do anything now. 99% of the corporate sector is run by microsoft and linux/unix/sun

Last edited by snoop101; 08-25-2011 at 02:36 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Too soon?

Hes pulling a layton. The end is nigh,

Apple isn't invincible and won't keep growing forever.

Think about how many tech companies there have been that seemed unstoppable in the past.

- IBM
    - Sony
    - Microsoft
    - Compaq
    - Dell
    - Yahoo
    - Nokia
    - Motorola
    - Google
    - RIM

Apple will have its day and go flat while someone else will rise or come out of nowhere and make all of the headlines.

This ^

Just a natural cycle of the world. Nothing/nobody stays on top forever... Roman empire, US, companies mentioned above, too many examples to name.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Mar

LOL. ......

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by snoop101

Tablets are not new in any way, just smaller now. Just because Apple is selling them does not mean there this awesome thing. I think a lot of people still think that tablets are just over priced dumb downed netbooks. There was a reason why other companies never really pushed them because there a dead item, but to the starbucks kid who looks around to see if anyone is watching him touch his pad then its perfect.
    Yes they have been around but there was no market for them which was why other companies never pushed them. Apple made the market and now the competitors are trying to catch up but the problem is that there is no market for their tables.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/22/tech...htm?hpt=te_bn7

Hate all you want but it doesn't change the fact that the average consumer prefers Apple products. Obviously you aren't the average consumer and that's fine but please don't call people 'brainwashed' because they don't side with the products you do.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Too soon?
    you got me, I giggled on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Sorry all Apple did was take other electronics and made them simple, then over priced them, made them fancy looking and marketed to people who have nothing better to spend money on.
    It's funny that you use this to make fun of Apple, when it's exactly this reason that Apple has become the largest consumer electronics company with everyone else following it's footsteps.

What Apple did was what Microsoft did when they released Windows 95, open up a huge untapped market for consumer electronics to an audience who were not techies. It made consumer electronics easy, and it works. User experience and ease of use sells.

Almost everyone that's an Apple hater are the folks that are very tech savvy, and hate the fact that their products are so locked down you can't tweak every little thing without having to hack and jailbreak an iOS device. It's a small demographic that really isn't Apple's target audience anyways.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Originally posted by dino_martini

After my iPhone 4 experience...NEVER AGAIN.

Oh well, time for someone else to gain dominence in marketing crap that sucks to idiots susceptible to trendy ads
    Fixed that for you.

I don't disagree with what Rage2 wrote, that Apple targets the masses and found a way to do so that was much more successful than its contemporaries, but I hate when people argue it was due to technical superiority.
    Last edited by 1barA4; 08-25-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    TL

Another thing that people didn't mention in this is that Apple did bring the app ecosystem. Prior to this a smartphone came with what the telco decided you had to have and if you wanted any adjustments to that image you went hunting for hacked ROMs and the like.

With Apple it brought a simple image with a base build and then each user would add apps as they saw fit their lifestyle. Now we have the Android app market and the BB one, prior to this any sort of app delivery was never considered.

My first Apple device was an iPhone 4 and it was when I swapped out my work BB for this and use it for everyday work functions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast