Quantcast
**Ricer Thread** - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: **Ricer Thread**

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

And when they drive by and you look at them in disgust to see what is making that awful noise, you just know they think you're checking out their ride because you think it's awesome.

Haha sounds like all the guys near Mckenzie area with skylines/240's. Rusted out or with fart cannons. They see you look after the painful sound of their car and assume you want to race. They proceed to punch it only furthering the awful sound that makes you cringe...

My Ride
    VW

Originally posted by n1zm0
    Berlina Black S2Ks, sooo rice
    Only BB S2ks are rice? not other color?
    Reason I ask, YES I had a BB S2k LOL

Rice isn't defined by the parts on the car, it's a state of mind.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Anything slow with fartcan and/or awful body kit unpainted, stupid drift wings. Stickers/symbols/emblems/vents etc; anything that the car doesn't have or is deemed ghey.

Previso: One cannot call a mod rice if it is on a car that is fasther than their own. ie: You gotta beqat it before you can knock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Rice isn't defined by the parts on the car, it's a state of mind.
    I beg to differ....

People with huge ricer wings and fart cans/axle back exhaust, neon lights etc...I don't care who you are or what your state of mind is...that is rice.

My Ride
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Default Re: Re: **Ricer Thread**

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Typically, it is anything driven by someone who possesses about your level of proficiency with grammar.

yeah, you fuckin' tell 'em bud!

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Originally posted by DonJuan
    Previso: One cannot call a mod rice if it is on a car that is fasther than their own. ie: You gotta beqat it before you can knock it.
    Wrong. SRT-4 with whiteout tails, shopping cart handle spoiler.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Mufflers are bad, and the most common infraction. It drives me nuts hearing some crappy Civic flooring it and causing the same amount of noise are a freakin jet plane.

Visually, those aluminum spoilers totally make me shake my head as well. They should never, ever have found their way onto any street car - let alone a ricer.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

*Puts flamesuit on*

The majority of illMotion. (Of course, some exceptions)
    The whole Form>Function ideology.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I find it kind of ironic that it's always a bunch of anonymous people on the internet, usually rolling in stock cars that feel the need to define what “rice” is.

Ha!

My Ride
    V167

Volkswagens
    Wheels that stick out too far

My Ride

Originally posted by 88CRX
    I find it kind of ironic that it's always a bunch of anonymous people on the internet, usually rolling in stock cars that feel the need to define what “rice” is.
    Some people put on bigger wheels to fit bigger tires so they can grip better, bigger brakes so they can stop faster, aftermarket suspension so they can turn or launch better, higher power engines so they can accelerate faster, etc. None of these are purely aesthetic, but may have secondary aesthetic qualities.

Its kind of like:
    Some people go to the gym to build muscle so they can compete in a sport better, or run faster, or be healthier.
    vs
    Some people go to the gym to get beach muscles, get spray tans, get tribal tattoos, frost their tips, etc.

In summary, ricers are the automotive equivalent of

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    *Puts flamesuit on*

Would agree with the majority of illMotion comment...no flaming on that one here.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    *Puts flamesuit on*

I can see how some regard it as rice but I give those guys props because they take good care of their whips and the mods they put on are high quality.

Anyone can slam their rides and put on a big wing but illmotion crew do it the right way IMO
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

We're all well past the age of giving a fuck about what some online kids think so it's all good.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

It sucks that there are threads like this. Simply because it really just discourages the scene that we lack.

While I agree that there are some mods that are different than others, be it neon lights, or the fart can, ultimately it's not our car. You can hate on it, but everybody here seems to comment like their opinion is a fact.

Fake parts or not, if it looks good in your eyes, then I can appreciate that fact and enjoy your work too. We don't build our cars to get anybody's acceptance - I think that's why there's so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different and actually get the props they deserve.

the show and shine for example was the perfect example of a combination of people with diverse taste, good quality cars, and good company. Some of you on this forum really kill that morale unfortunately.

My Ride
    UA6/AP1/W202

Originally posted by riced
    It sucks that there are threads like this. Simply because it really just discourages the scene that we lack.

While I agree that there are some mods that are different than others, be it neon lights, or the fart can, ultimately it's not our car. You can hate on it, but everybody here seems to comment like their opinion is a fact.

Fake parts or not, if it looks good in your eyes, then I can appreciate that fact and enjoy your work too. We don't build our cars to get anybody's acceptance - I think that's why there's so few in this city, or whole province for that matter that actually do something different and actually get the props they deserve.

the show and shine for example was the perfect example of a combination of people with diverse taste, good quality cars, and good company. Some of you on this forum really kill that morale unfortunately.
    took the words outta my mouth jason lol.

It just really comes down to ... " to each their own "

Originally posted by riced

Funny, because I think builds like yours are largely responsible for the lack of scene that we currently enjoy. Call me a hater all you want... because you're right. I hate that illmotion cheapens the hard work and true commitment that goes into any worthwhile build. Contrary to your belief, there are so, so, so many awesome cars in this city/province that you have missed or not found or don't know about or don't care to feature. So don't spout off about how noone gets the props they deserve when you're too busy collecting handjobs for bolting a giant wing onto the spoiler of a stock car.

Building cars with nothing but neon lights, fart cans, dope rimz, GT wings and all the other cosmetic bolton BS that you so proudly flaunt does nothing but teach people that they don't need to actually practice, work hard, learn, fuck up, get dirty and pour their heart and soul into a car to get respect. Don't bitch about the lack of awesome cars when your own build showcases NOTHING unique, innovative, special, interesting or even remotely time consuming.

Step back and take a look at who you call a hater before you speak. Who do you think is more likely to be a hater - the person who knows nothing and is new to the car scene? Or the person who has a thousand man hours into his car and is insulted that you cheapen the scene with your "track ready" builds... If you need a hint, I can think of a half dozen feature worthy cars that have all decided they would rather stay low key than be on illmotion.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by 962 kid

If you need a hint, I can think of a half dozen feature worthy cars that have all decided they would rather stay low key than be on illmotion.
    Who's fault is that?

If they don't want to be featured good for them, but hiding your 1000 man hour car does you or the scene no good either.

Originally posted by djayz

Who's fault is that?

If they don't want to be featured good for them, but hiding your 1000 man hour car does you or the scene no good either.
    Whose fault is that? Maybe the squadron of guys who spend more time making new color schemes for their decals than finding builds... Maybe the guys who blow off people who offer their slick build up to illmotion... Maybe the guys who dismiss everyone that doesn't agree with their cosmetic only modifications as "haters"

Sure, there are always going to be new builds and low key guys. You can't get em all. Too bad that's not the only factor in play.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast