Quantcast
Do you ever find that your bills don't make any sense? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever find that your bills don't make any sense?

My Ride
    Bicycle

I never had a problem with AMA. But I never cancel. I either have both cars for awhile and get refund later or keep old insurance around and switch over when new car lands. The penalty for canceling isn't worth it.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by johnboy27
    Shaw is really greasy. When I moved they set up a new account for me( they did tell me about it but I forgot). I kept paying into my old account by accident until I got a 500 dollar bill from them one day. Called them up to ask about it and we figured out that I had been paying into the wrong account. So I asked them to transfer the funds(600 bucks) into the other account and they told me they couldn't do it. Not too sure why but the woman just said she can't and told me to go to my bank and have all the payments reversed.
    I went to the bank to talk to them about it and they said it will take 5-6 weeks to do it and that Shaw should have no problems moving the cash over as they have done it for other customers in the same situation in the past. Fast forward a couple days and I get a letter from Shaw saying they are gonna disconect my cable for non payment. If I can ever find 6 hours to stay on hold with them I am going to call and give them one more chance to transfer the cash. If they can't I may just go back to Telus, as much as I do not want to.
    Shaw did that to me too after I moved. I kept paying into the old account I guess, because I figured Shaw is Shaw and I didn't know I was doing it wrong. I don't think I even got called; I think they just shut me off, and I called them to find out what happened. They told me I hadn't been paying.

I thought it was funny that nobody ever questioned why unsolicited money was coming in, because it definitely left my bank account. I wonder why after receiving a couple payments nobody called me and asked why I was paying for service that I wasn't getting.

My only other option is Sasktel, and after a long list of fuckarounds ending in, "if anyone from Sasktel shows up at my door I'm going to punch them in the fucking face," they're pretty much not an option.

I have a $170+ bill from Shaw this month...not sure where it came from considering almost nobody was home. I called into ask but then the automated system told me they would call me back in 4 hours.

My usual bill from them is around $60, so I am quite uncertain of where the numbers came from. One strange thing is Canada post no longer seems to deliver half my mail after the strike months ago, so I can't even set up the eBilling without calling in.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

ENMAX, all those fricken fixed fees.
    Insurance Pro

Well shit I don't know how much more clear I can make it for the lady when I say "I've sold this car, I am buying another one soon." Why would she cancel my insurance when she knows I'm buying another car. The second rep even told me that what I said was documented on my account. So what I'm understanding here is that his whole situation is her fault?

As for the Rogers bill, I switched my account to be under my own name since it was a shared family account, and in the transition they fucked up EVERYTHING. For about a month I didn't have a texting plan and was getting charged about 19c per text, hence the $130 charge on my bill. I specifically asked the lady 3 times too; "Does my plan change in ANY way by doing this transfer?" -> "Absolutely not sir I have made a point of it it's all exactly the same," HOW DID YOU FUCK EVERYTHING UP?!?!?!

And our Enmax bill, we moved into our new place right around the time of the strike. They sent us our first bill in the mail, which we never got, and then shut off our electricity after we "received" a shutoff notice and then had to pay a $150 service fee.

Fuck all of them.
    Last edited by arian_ma; 09-12-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

Originally posted by sneek
    I have a $170+ bill from Shaw this month...not sure where it came from considering almost nobody was home. I called into ask but then the automated system told me they would call me back in 4 hours.

My usual bill from them is around $60, so I am quite uncertain of where the numbers came from. One strange thing is Canada post no longer seems to deliver half my mail after the strike months ago, so I can't even set up the eBilling without calling in.

i think this mth is f*ed.. i just got a 170$ bill from enmax ... i dont have a/c i didnt use next to anything in terms of water.. and it was hot as hell...

what part of that makes sense haha
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by sh0ko

i think this mth is f*ed.. i just got a 170$ bill from enmax ... i dont have a/c i didnt use next to anything in terms of water.. and it was hot as hell...

Ditto, same thing, noticed that the last few month the prices increased while my usage decreased. I have all my bills from months past still, gonna look at all of them to see wtf is up.

My Ride
    Clapped out G-body

Originally posted by sh0ko

It sounds like you don't submit your actual meter readings each month and Enmax just uses an estimate. A meter reader likely came around and noticed your actual usage is higher than the estimate. You are just paying your actual usage that you have not yet been charged for.

Originally posted by RBPiranha

It sounds like you don't submit your actual meter readings each month and Enmax just uses an estimate. A meter reader likely came around and noticed your actual usage is higher than the estimate. You are just paying your actual usage that you have not yet been charged for.
    Agreed, it sounds like they are "trueing-up" your usage to actual and they just started doing so this month.

My Ride
    is probably sh*tier than urs

^ yeaa i work with an electrical utilities company so at first i thought this was the case.. but it wasnt...they said it wasnt an estimate my last few mths either (according to two people i talked to)
    You can technically get a ticket for each window that's illegally tinted. So as above, if you're being an ass to the officer (or if he's just an ass to begin with), he can give you two. (or three tickets if you're dumb enough to tint the windshield of your BMW... but if you own a BMW you can't be stupid right?)
    Originally posted by RoseLover

Any penny you have to work hard to get, you will consider as "cheapness"...if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    POS

[QUOTE]Originally posted by arian_ma
    [B]Well shit I don't know how much more clear I can make it for the lady when I say "I've sold this car, I am buying another one soon." Why would she cancel my insurance when she knows I'm buying another car. The second rep even told me that what I said was documented on my account. So what I'm understanding here is that his whole situation is her fault?

they can't cancel your policy verbally, they need a written request in order to cancel and she shouldn't cancel your policy if she know you are getting a vehicle real soon(within a month of 2). You should ask how they could cancel your policy without your signature as an argue point.
    On the side note, this is the advantage to have an actual broker to look after your file instead of talk to new stranger with those call centre insurance company everytime.

good luck
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

Just put this in the Shaw thread too:

So I cancelled my services in August one week before the end of the period I pre-payed for. Got the final invoice today and they zero'd it out. I am owed for almost a week so at $120.00 that is almost $30.00

I called the billing department at 7:50 and they werent open. Called about 20 minutes ago and it is a wait of more than 2 hours.

At least I got the call back option this time, let see if it works this time though.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by arian_ma
    . So what I'm understanding here is that his whole situation is her fault?
    Yeah, pretty much. But in the future don't even bother calling your insurance company until you have the new car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

But then they're charging me insurance for a car that isn't mine...
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

True, but if you're planning on getting new car within a week, who cares? If you were going 2 months without, then definitely put insurance on hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Is it worth all the other charges you accumulated?

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Re: Do you ever find that your bills don't make any sense?

This happened to me to when I had insurance in Alberta. I had to pay 2 months up front and my payments started immediately then when I switched cars I lost that 2 months which was over $400. Sooooo dumb

I went to Alaska earlier this year and called Telus up to find out what the fees would before using my phone up there. The said data was so much, phone calls were so much but texting was free. A few months later I got a notice telling me I have an unpaid amount I need to square up. I always pay $150 on my $70 bill so if I have a few rough months its no big deal because I have credits built up so I was thoroughly confused. I looked and my bill was $780!!! $610 of that was from texting when I was in Alaska. I called them up and asked WTF. The guy said "oh yea, it looks like you did call and who ever talked to you said texting was free. We will credit your account but know that for the future texting is NOT free.

Sometimes it seems to me that even the company that is billing you doesn't know what the hell is going on. For example, I recently sold my car and bought another car. Now my insurance company is making me pay for two months of insurance up front, so I asked them what happened to the two months up front I paid them with my previous car. They told me that that money is gone because I canceled my insurance prematurely. I asked her what I was supposed to do, even though I bought and insured my new car within a week of cancelling the old one, and she said that to prevent getting charged you either have to sell exactly when your one year is up or align your buying and selling on the exact same day. Like, you little fuckers don't have a big enough scam going as an insurance company that you have to do this too?

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Legacy Spec B

Every utility company is messed up. Just looked at my credit card bill yesterday. In the span of two and a half weeks direct energy has billed me 6 times and credited my 5 times for the exact same amount.

At least the bill is still right in this case... but still

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

My favourite was that I had fire and theft on a car that is in storage since I'm out of the country. I also have my house rental insurance through the same provider and have had the money being automatically debited from my account for quite some time (though apparently the amount dropped by $15 or $20 at some point without me realizing).

So I get a call from the company one day where they're trying to sell me insurance for my car. I tell them that I already have insurance on my car through them, for fire and theft. They tell me that policy lapsed because I didn't respond to a notice sent to my rental property. So they're calling to up-sell me insurance, but didn't call me before canceling my policy???

Anyways, I tell them I want the fire and theft insurance on my car again. They tell me I have to first drive the car to them so they can look at it. WTF!? They didn't have to do that the first time I put fire and theft on it. So basically, they need me to put liability insurance on the car, go to the register, pay for my registration and plates, drive the car to their agency, get the car appraised (basically to say that it exists and hasn't been set on fire), cancel my liability, get fire and theft, cancel my plates and be out several hundred dollars.

NO FUCKING THANKS.

Assholes.

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by Recca168
    Every utility company is messed up. Just looked at my credit card bill yesterday. In the span of two and a half weeks direct energy has billed me 6 times and credited my 5 times for the exact same amount.

At least the bill is still right in this case... but still
    Somehow the brick decided to credit me almost 600 bucks one month.I bought 2500 bucks worth of furniture when I moved into my house and was paying anywhere from 200-400 per month and somehow had it paid off in 4 months. I signed up online to view my card info and noticed the day after I bought the furniture they credited me just about 600 bucks to my card.LOL No complaints from me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast