Quantcast
Best time to purchase a vehicle + incentives - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Best time to purchase a vehicle + incentives

Default Best time to purchase a vehicle + incentives

Is now the best time to purchase a new vehicle, or will promotions and incentives get better in the upcoming months.

I have recently been shopping around for a truck and after test driving a few, I have decided to go with either a f150 xlt or a tacoma.

Toyota has a few rebates going on right now, and with them I can save ~$2000-$3000.

Ford has employee pricing and is advertising basic 2011 f150 xlts for about ~$30 000 all-in.

Should I wait it out a bit longer as I do not need a truck just yet. Or are the prices now pretty much the lowest they will be.

Thanks

Best way to buy a brand new vehicle is to wait for February-March and buy the previous year. I have gotten some pretty sweet deals that way.

Also buy at month end, they are hungrier to make deals then.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

A bit off topic but if you decide to buy used then I'd buy in january.

This is when I buy almost everything and I'm waiting till this jan to buy a new harley (new to me). This is also when I buy work trucks/toys.

Everyone is broke and depressed after christmas and lots of people are willing to unload their shit for cheap.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    KTM

If you are looking to BUY right now is likely the best time. 2012's are starting to land and remaining 2011 stock is still around and has decent incentives. If you wait to till Feb or March the past model year will likely be hard to locate- if you are picky on colors and options. This is strictly talking trucks....

My Ride
    '99 Civic SIR - '01 4Runner - '10 Tundra

Originally posted by Nakadah
    Best way to buy a brand new vehicle is to wait for February-March and buy the previous year. I have gotten some pretty sweet deals that way.
    Sometimes this stretches it too far - I would certainly be waiting a bit closer to year end though.

I picked up my Tundra in late October and they were close to the end of their year end clear out. If you aren't too stuck on colour then you can wait - if you have a clear idea of what you're looking for and just want the best price, be looking now and for the next couple months.

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's tricky but the common consensus are:

1) Buy them @ end of model year but before they are all cleared out of the lot. Friend got a fully loaded (no Nav) 2010 Accord for $34K out the door. He's lucky because the person who had a deposit on his car can't get financing.

2) Buy them @ Jan/Feb/Mar. After holiday months are usually slow. Big ticket item like cars are usually not on everyone's radar around that time. Feb has less selling day which may sales a bit more hungry. Last Sat of Feb is probably the best.

Of course, this only applies to vehicles already on the lot. They will not budge much on factory order. I can walk into BMW and get $5K off any 3 series without asking and you won't get a dime off Audi's til you are blue in the face.

My Ride
    NC1

^^

I'm looking for another vehicle and while the MDX isn't even on my radar, with $8K Honda rebate + $2K dealer discount, I just might even get that.

A lot of great deals out there.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    ^^

I'm looking for another vehicle and while the MDX isn't even on my radar, with $8K Honda rebate + $2K dealer discount, I just might even get that.

A lot of great deals out there.
    MDX is an excellent deal. Wonder if you can take it up to $10K off when you start taking down dealer margins, $47K out the door.

MDX's resale value is really good too.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Xtrema

MDX is an excellent deal. Wonder if you can take it up to $10K off when you start taking down dealer margins, $47K out the door.

MDX's resale value is really good too.
    It's insane. I have 4 friends who went out and bought one. I believe there is a black base model at Silverhill left. I would pull the trigger but I have no use for it.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Yup, that is a great deal on a nice vehicle.

Originally posted by craigcd
    If you are looking to BUY right now is likely the best time. 2012's are starting to land and remaining 2011 stock is still around and has decent incentives. If you wait to till Feb or March the past model year will likely be hard to locate- if you are picky on colors and options. This is strictly talking trucks....

100% Now youll get good discounts with still a descent selection to choose from.

Later you MAY get more of a discount but with slim pickin's
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Are you leasing, financing, paying cash? Now is the best time to lease as the MY2012's are coming in so the residuals are higher.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

It will probably be a lease.
    Been looking at f150s, tacomas, silverado/sierras. Still undecided as to which one I want.

Thanks for all the input

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Employee pricing on the F150 will end at the end of this month.

Better get a move on. I bought my F150 at this time last year and got almost $18K off the sticker price.

I think I paid $35-37K for an fully loaded FX4 Lux SCrew.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Emplyee Pricing for domestics is often extended or reintorduced multiple times per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

We have year end pricing at GSL Chev City right now, I almost bought a new truck today, 2011 Chev 1500 Reg Cab Reg Box with a few options including chrome wheels, bumpers, power locks, locking rear diff, 4.8L V8, 4x4 for $25000 on the road. MSRP is $35000+ tax.

My Ride
    TLX, F350, AR195 and Merc C350

Originally posted by max_boost
    It's insane. I have 4 friends who went out and bought one. I believe there is a black base model at Silverhill left. I would pull the trigger but I have no use for it.
    I work at Silverhill Acura and we have a great supply of the 2011 MDX. PM me for more details.

Does the ford employee pricing event usually last longer than they say?
    Currently says its on until September 30, but will they start it up again in October, or keep the pricing similar to what it is now?

My Ride
    W204

Don't forget the Costco $1000 discount at Ford which is on top of everything including negotiations. Worth it to go get a membership for $50 if you don't have one.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!