Quantcast
I hate Cavalier Drivers!!!!!/Cavaliers Rule!! *merged* - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I hate Cavalier Drivers!!!!!/Cavaliers Rule!! *merged*

My Ride
    GTI

Default I hate Cavalier Drivers!!!!!

It's too early in the morning for this shit! Dammit, I was on heritage turning onto 14th right in front of Heritage park where there's 2 turning lanes. There's this old lady in a brand new Cavalier beside me in the innermost turning lane, I don't pay her much attention, looks like a nice lady...

Light turns green, we're driving, and Grandma cuts me off, she turned right into the 2nd lane on 14th! WTF!!

This is getting way too out of hand when even the Grandma Cavalier drivers are assholes and don't know how to drive.

My Ride
    WRX

I get people in cavaliers trying to race me on a daily basis -- I just shake my head and laugh.

Neons are bad for that too.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

I was once told by a very smart man that "Only chicks and queers drive Cavaliers," but let's be fair here.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    pedals

hahaha.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by Kona9
    I was once told by a very smart man that "Only chicks and queers drive Cavaliers," but let's be fair here.
    I think that quote is for sunfires? Cavaliers are the more "manly" alternative but not by much.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

I used to think the same as Kona... Except I know this girl who has just gotten a 2004 Sunfire GT and I just kept making fun of the car non stop... Anyway, we were going to get some pizza one night and she tells me to drive her car down there instead of mine... Wanting me to shut up and stop bugging her about the car I'm sure... Now I think about the reprecussions of being seen driving this car, then I think of what I'm driving this winter... So I say fine, I'll give it a try. But I inform her that I'm going to be seeing what it can do... So right from the first turn I make, I'm powershifting this poor little j-body and I must say I'm reasonably impressed with the way the car handled my shifts... But how many of them will it take I can't help but wonder... So I turn onto 36th st heading south toward 16th Ave (you all know that underpass/exit onto 16th westbound) I power through that curve at 110-120 and the car held remarkably well!! So I'm starting to become impressed... Now i'm definately moving down 16 towards deerfoot, probably around 120-130,but there's this god damn mustang on my ass the entire way... No one in the other lane, he's just decided that he wants to fuck with me.. So we get down to the deerfoot overpass and I pull up to the lights just before the deerfoot south ramp and sure enough this fucking mustang that's been on my ass pulls up beside me ( you know the outside lane you use when you want to pass the slow guy in the lane that doesn't end...)with his little girlfriend in the car and the girl I was with goes I think he wants to race... no kidding... he's sitting there reving his engine staring straight ahead at the red light. So I turn to her and say 'I told you I would see what this car can do'.. Light goes green and we light 'em up, he never saw the lead.. I had him by a length going into third and as hard as he tried when his lane ended he was still a length behind... Now this was maybe a 97-98 mustang GT... Definately not as fast as the old school ones, but still shouldn't be getting beaten by Sunfire GT's.. I guess the kid should learn how to drive before he lines up to get beaten by a sunfire again! The best part is as soon as he's forced to pull in BEHIND me because his lane was ending he shuts it down pulls to the far lane and won't break 100... I was trying to let him catch me to give him the 'cocky nod' but he wouldn't... Too embarassed I guess... Poor guy will never be the same... Beaten by a bright yellow sunfire GT....

Mind you, if I rolled up next to a GUY driving a Bright Yellow sunfire GT, I might have acted in the same dismissive fashion... If you're reading this kid a wise man once said... "It's not how you stand by your car... It's how you race your car.. Better learn that"
    Last edited by CRX-R; 01-23-2004 at 03:15 PM.
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

Originally posted by ~$eanith~

I think that quote is for sunfires? Cavaliers are the more "manly" alternative but not by much.
    How the hell could that quote be for sunfires? It's all about the rhymin man.. Mind you both cars fall into the exact same catagory!

Sorry for the book above.. I just love that story so I thought I'd share it with you all

EDIT: Oh yeah and.. street racing is bad.. dangerous and whatever else... you get the point. blah, blah, blah (cause you know SOMEONE would've said it
    You don't wanna race me.... you've seen taillights like mine a thousand times!!!!

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride
    2013 Focus ST

Originally posted by CRX-R
    I used to think the same as Kona... Except I know this girl who has just gotten a 2004 Sunfire GT and I just kept making fun of the car non stop... Anyway, we were going to get some pizza one night and she tells me to drive her car down there instead of mine... Wanting me to shut up and stop bugging her about the car I'm sure... Now I think about the reprecussions of being seen driving this car, then I think of what I'm driving this winter... So I say fine, I'll give it a try. But I inform her that I'm going to be seeing what it can do... So right from the first turn I make, I'm powershifting this poor little j-body and I must say I'm reasonably impressed with the way the car handled my shifts... But how many of them will it take I can't help but wonder... So I turn onto 36th st heading south toward 16th Ave (you all know that underpass/exit onto 16th westbound) I power through that curve at 110-120 and the car held remarkably well!! So I'm starting to become impressed... Now i'm definately moving down 16 towards deerfoot, probably around 120-130,but there's this god damn mustang on my ass the entire way... No one in the other lane, he's just decided that he wants to fuck with me.. So we get down to the deerfoot overpass and I pull up to the lights just before the deerfoot south ramp and sure enough this fucking mustang that's been on my ass pulls up beside me ( you know the outside lane you use when you want to pass the slow guy in the lane that doesn't end...)with his little girlfriend in the car and the girl I was with goes I think he wants to race... no kidding... he's sitting there reving his engine staring straight ahead at the red light. So I turn to her and say 'I told you I would see what this car can do'.. Light goes green and we light 'em up, he never saw the lead.. I had him by a length going into third and as hard as he tried when his lane ended he was still a length behind... Now this was maybe a 97-98 mustang GT... Definately not as fast as the old school ones, but still shouldn't be getting beaten by Sunfire GT's.. I guess the kid should learn how to drive before he lines up to get beaten by a sunfire again! The best part is as soon as he's forced to pull in BEHIND me because his lane was ending he shuts it down pulls to the far lane and won't break 100... I was trying to let him catch me to give him the 'cocky nod' but he wouldn't... Too embarassed I guess... Poor guy will never be the same... Beaten by a bright yellow sunfire GT....

Mind you, if I rolled up next to a GUY driving a Bright Yellow sunfire GT, I might have acted in the same dismissive fashion... If you're reading this kid a wise man once said... "It's not how you stand by your car... It's how you race your car.. Better learn that"
    Good story, too bad you made it up. I wouldn't want to see what you normally drive if you think that a sunfire is a fast/good or anything positive car.

Have a good one.

Pete

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

... If you're reading this kid a wise man once said... "It's not how you stand by your car... It's how you race your car.. Better learn that"
    Who are you callin KID? hahahaha You can keep playin' "see who can spank eachothers bum the hardest" with whoever told you that uplifting quote because I don't stand by my car like a chump nor do I race my car like a chump.....pardon me I don't race my car. I am one of very few that understands my civic is just that.......a civic !!! not a JDM, quadruple turboed, mustang eating fighter jet.
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    996 911 Turbo

Originally posted by Pete92SL

Good story, too bad you made it up. I wouldn't want to see what you normally drive if you think that a sunfire is a fast/good or anything positive car.

Have a good one.

Pete

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

well.. for the most part the average j-body is decent. Keep in mind what you pay for it. Sure, the resale will be alot lower than your average import, but it gets you around.

I own a 2000 (which was the year they gave the cavalier a lil bit of a face change, and tweaked a few things here and there) and for the most part, its pretty decent. It handles.. well.. for what is is, alright.. now lets not forget, I'm not trying to compare it to ferrari or civic hatchback here. *L* but when I took my car to the shop to get the body kit installed, they gave me a 99 cavalier as a loaner car.

And wow, theres a big difference. The way the car handles, how responsive it is, pedal feeling, and just basically the 'feel' of it was alot different.

I cant vouch for these horrid drivers we keep hearing about, and chances are, I'd be making fun of them too. theres a zillion of these cars out there today, affordable when new, and pretty cheap for a beater when used... and to the typical person looking for a daily driver just to use to get around in, the jbody is a good choice... cos theres lots for sale, the newer ones have some good safety features, the GT's and z24's have some decent power, and its easily affordable.. almost like givin them away! I'd recomend a new driver to get as their first bangaround car.. which is excactly what people are buying these for.. beginner cars! students on a tight budget.. to grannies on a pension

I drive a cavalier, and I get a rap for driving it.. but no complaints so far.. its a shame to have all these shady drivers driving these cars. But hey, its not like I didnt know what I was getting into when I went to go buy it!!

And these cavalier/sunfire comments.. its not like we havent heard them all before!
    Last edited by izzoblitzo; 01-23-2004 at 05:40 PM.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride
    08 X5

nothing wrong with a cavalier...take a civic in a race ne day...
    stock versus stock of course.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Oh Jermain grab Tedo a tissue.....................

Originally posted by Kona9

Who are you callin KID? hahahaha You can keep playin' "see who can spank eachothers bum the hardest" with whoever told you that uplifting quote because I don't stand by my car like a chump nor do I race my car like a chump.....pardon me I don't race my car. I am one of very few that understands my civic is just that.......a civic !!! not a JDM, quadruple turboed, mustang eating fighter jet.
    Ken, you're not making any fuckin sense! I was addressing the kid in the mustang.. not that I expect him to read it... simply for entertainment value If your civic is just a civic what's with the 100hp exhaust and intake?? Afterall it's just a civic right? And 'see who can spank each others bum the hardest'?? Where the fuck does this come from? Lay off the sauce atleast 5 hrs/day ok, and maybe think about making your posts during those 5 hrs.

By the way the fucking quote is some cheezy thing from Fast and Furious you idiot... again... entertainment value

RIP T.T. Feb 09 2004

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

out of curiousity, who would win if say, a stock honda civic went up against a regular cavalier (its 115hp I think)

what about a stock civic siR vs a cavalier z24? (150hp)

my knowledge about civics is not great at all. hehehe

I know its all about the driver and all.. but lets asume the drivers are equal.

What would the results be?

My Ride
    Corvette

I love cavalier drivers.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

sorry, Im taken.

hahahaha bastard..

j.k
    Last edited by izzoblitzo; 01-23-2004 at 05:56 PM.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Ken, you're not making any fuckin sense! I was addressing the kid in the mustang.. not that I expect him to read it... simply for entertainment value If your civic is just a civic what's with the 100hp exhaust and intake?? Afterall it's just a civic right? And 'see who can spank each others bum the hardest'?? Where the fuck does this come from? Lay off the sauce atleast 5 hrs/day ok, and maybe think about making your posts during those 5 hrs.

By the way the fucking quote is some cheezy thing from Fast and Furious you idiot... again... entertainment value
    HAHAHAHA I apologize for the mis-read on the KID comment, but as far as my 100hp exhaust goes.....it's stock meat stick!!!! (not even a glue on fart can or coffee tin tip!!) And the intake does not make my CIVIC do shit, and was pretty damn close to given to me. Besides who are you anyways, and why don't you put your happy pants back on? You seem quite bitter.

PS The sauce is super good!!!!!!

My Ride
    08 X5

well actually stock cavaliers are 140 hp fyi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast