Quantcast
Opinions please... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions please...

Default Opinions please...

OK so my parents are shopping around for a new car now and so far they have looked at the Camery, Accord and TL but also plan on looking at a G35, ES 300, A4, and a 3 series. This will be my moms car, and as such she wants a comfortable ride and a (entry level)luxurious interior. It will also have to be a 4 door sedan and auto transmission. The max they are looking to spend is about 45 grand so try and keep it under that. They are not looking at any domestics so please don't reccomend one, they will not consider it. So far they really like the TL, both for size and interior, the camery seemed to small on the inside, and opinions on the accord were somewhere inbetween. Any suggestions or comments on the cars listed would be most welcome as well as any cars that may fit into this list that they might consider.
    Last edited by 5.9 R/T; 09-09-2002 at 02:38 PM.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

BMW 328. Or how about MB C240. They start at under 40.... so maybe around 45 with some options.
    Last edited by Davan; 09-09-2002 at 02:38 PM.

lexus is300. its a pretty nice sedan.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Nissan Maxima would be a good car to consider.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

You should pick up the October issue of C&D. They did a comparison test between the TL Type S, A4 3.0, BMW 330i, G35, MB C320, and Passat W8. I don't think you can get the A4 3.0 or 330i for under $45k though.

I would test both the TL and G35. I've sat in 'GSpot' G35 and I really like it. Very comfy and it's got alot of power! You could get either one for under $45 for sure. Good luck!

My Ride
    NC1

The best buy at that price range would be the TL type S!!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I really like the G35 too, at least on paper anyways. I've never seen one in person, but if I find time this week I will try and check some of these cars out.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Depending on color choices on the G35's its a few month wait. The G35 might work out to be over $45K with taxers and such. The one my moms friend looked at was over $50K but that was with Navigation.
    Like it was said before- check out the Maxima too. I think the TL's are a good car too, the same people I found the G35 for I found their TL for them last year and they love it.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

pretty big gap from an accord all the way to a G35.. i also say either the TL or the Maxima

I would go either c230, c320, 323i or 325i. The G35 is also supposed to be good, but i heard its a little heavy on the gas.

My Ride
    GTI

For your parents i wouldn't even consider the is300, ever been in one? The interior is damn small, the car should not be a four door. I'd go with a bimmer, c320 would probably be too expensive, and i don't think the c230 is a car worth buying, too little power in a car where you have to pay a lot for the name. I never liked the styling of Camry or Maxima, but i guess that's an opinion thing. I think the new es is ugly as well, and that G35 is funny looking, and i don't feel the accord even belongs on this list.

The way i figure your parents can't go wrong with the BMW.

I've just been donig some more checking on the G35. The base MSRP is 39 400 with the nicely equiped 'premium' package at 42 even. This is of course before dest. charge and taxes. I really like this car, both inside and out the styling is IMO better then the other cars listed. Anyways I'm taking my mom to look at one tonight so we'll see what she thinks of it. It's rated at 22mpg in the city and 35 on the highway, which isn't too bad, but really isn't great either. She's all ready to make an offer on the TL but I want her to look at a few other cars before she makes her decision.

Edit: I just tried optioning out a BMW similar to a TL or G35 and I couldn't keep it under 45 even with the 320i sedan, so i think a BMW is out. As for including the accord and camry, they are the benchmark for midsize sedans these days, and fully optioned out they offer an entry-lux car without the price that comes with a name. But you are right, they have been scratched off the list as possibles.
    Last edited by 5.9 R/T; 09-09-2002 at 05:18 PM.

My Ride
    911 Turbo

Go for the euro cars foo! They are more expensive, but there is a reason you pay more!

Originally posted by Tha_Shot_Caller
    Go for the euro cars foo! They are more expensive, but there is a reason you pay more!
    Whats the reason?

My Ride
    911 Turbo

The class and the style. Japanese cars just can't compete in those areas.

Class and Style is an opinionated thing
    The TL is an awesome choice, i have two friends who have them and they have plenty of room, are pretty luxiourious and have plenty of power (type-s or not). I think with all the options a new one is like 37g's
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

BMW baby 5 or 3 series.

My Ride
    BMW E70

BMW's and Benzes are nice. But my neighbour just paid $55K for his 02 330ix. And they are actually not very roomy. I'd say the G35 or TL are your best bets.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

one thing bad about german luxury cars, is the repair bills........i'm poor because of that.....argh

My Ride
    You Crazy

Thats to bad they are into a 4 door sedan....for under $40,000 you can get the C230 Compressor....very nice car, great power, lotsa torque.... That would be my choice of a nice daily driver....

Toma

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast