Quantcast
Distracted dumb fuk bimbo's... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Distracted dumb fuk bimbo's...

I can drive while eating, talking on the phone, shifting and then throw in the casual texting with no problem. Never swerve off my lane while steering with my knees

but yea i agree most fucking drivers cant even double tast no less multi
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    G37S

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary
    I can drive while eating, talking on the phone, shifting and then throw in the casual texting with no problem. Never swerve off my lane while steering with my knees

You just sound like a douche to me.

Originally posted by ReflexFX

You just sound like a douche to me.
    Or a troll

My Ride
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

i dont agree with the bikes are invisible thingt. in my experience, ive been in plain sight, right beside someones window, and they still almost run you off the road. the problem with people here is that they just dont look. i have literally been side by side with a minivan, CLEARLY visible, and the guy driving just flicks his signal, doesnt even look over, but just goes to change lanes. if people actually look, they shouldnt have a problem.

ill share my experience with distracted driving.

2 summers ago, driving down deerfoot, traffic slows down to a stop, so i slow down and am last in the trail of stopped traffic. I see in my rear view a lady just cruising up behind me, completely oblivious to the stopped traffic ahead, she got so close to me that i saw her talking on her phone, she slammed on the brakes about maybe 40 feet behind me (she was clearly still going 100) and she *thankfully* managed to swerve around me to the right, as i scooted over to the left (car beside me so i couldnt go anywhere) she skids into the shoulder to my right, past me about 20 feet ahead (that woulda been one HELL of a collision) she dropped her phone in the panic, and as i drive by she slowly picks her phone back up and redials to resume her call
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

When I'm riding I pretend like behind the wheel of every vehicle around me is a driver who has just lost conciousness and ride accordingly, unfortunately it seems to be the only reasonable outlook to have when riding a motorcycle in this city. There just isn't enough riders or a long enough riding season for drivers to adjust to sharing the road with bikes, it's a shame but I guess it's the risk you take to ride in our city.
    Winter has arrived! Contact us today for great deals on winter wheel & tire packages.

Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire South
    Bay 3, 3516 80th Avenue SE
    Calgary, Alberta T2C 1J3
    http://www.urbanexp.ca
    email: [email protected]
    p: 403-265-6553
    f: 403-265-6557

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Power_Of_Rotary

You're just lucky that nothing out of the ordinary happened that required your utmost attention and reaction.

Default Re: Re: Distracted dumb fuk bimbo's...

Originally posted by ringmaster

I've become pretty jaded from stuff like this happening to me as well. I say do what you like to peoples mirrors, you're on a bike so you can escape after you've committed your crimes

What happens if the person instantly reacts and clips you off your bike?

My Ride
    AWOL

Maintaining a dominant lane position seems to help. I'd rather have people say "omg that fool's mirror is in my lane" than "woah where did he come from??"

My Ride
    TSX / R6S

Riding every day

14,000KM this summer

Everyday, someone doesn't look.

Even with PROPER lane position, Highbeam on all the time (the r6 has little projectors, hard to see)

Aftermarket pipe.

ride like EVERYONE is going to drive into you. It's the only way.

I cannot believe how hard it is for some people to drive properly. It's like it's difficult.

I have had to use my horn, or accelerate out of an issue.

Granted, some people start to indicate, shoulder check, and see me, which is props to them.

I have had to kick a door once, he just kept coming in. Thick traffic, guy tailgating me from behind (i guess stopping the guy who was trying to get into my lane). Bad situation, but he was such a retard.
    Last edited by Scat E46; 09-24-2011 at 04:06 PM.

I don't even know how Calgary drivers are so bad. I've been in Taipei for a long time now and I probably see the same amount of traffic accidents a month as I do in Calgary but only with literally 4x the traffic.

There's a ton more cars, so many more pedestrians and a billion scooters/motorcycles that weave around cars but everything works out fine.

I've had yet to have somebody signal/change lane towards me.

The best are the roads that go from 3 lanes suddenly down to 2 lanes after an intersection with no warning, but everything works out fine.

I often hear of guys keeping marbles in their pockets for such occasions... But yeah riding in this city gets more intimidating every year to me.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I've seen some motorcycles ride with their mirrors right on the yellow line heh.

Sorry but in a collision, you're not going to win.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by PremiumRSX
    I don't even know how Calgary drivers are so bad. I've been in Taipei for a long time now and I probably see the same amount of traffic accidents a month as I do in Calgary but only with literally 4x the traffic.

There's a ton more cars, so many more pedestrians and a billion scooters/motorcycles that weave around cars but everything works out fine.

The best are the roads that go from 3 lanes suddenly down to 2 lanes after an intersection with no warning, but everything works out fine.
    I noticed this all over Europe and never once witnessed an accident. I said this before - we NEED more strict testing for driver's licenses and regulate it. Defensive driving should be mandatory. There are SO MANY FUCKING IDIOTS that are halfway into a lane and then signal; drivers tend to be 40+, to be honest. Merging is another piss off that seems to affect all age brackets.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Subaru WRX

I'm following a small white SUV, we're merging onto Deerfoot SB from McKnight WB. It's not really a merge, the left lane is added but you gotta change out if you don't want to go to 32nd Ave NE.

I don't decide to get on it (not much giddy up anyway) so I let the car in front pull a big gap while I calmly accelerate and merge early No problems. The guy in front (now 10-15 car lengths ahead) starts to merge out since the lane is long and I'm just watching him/her inch towards a Civic that is literally two feet away from his door.

He/she realizes and then brakes, and promptly swerves right to avoid. Regains composure, then promptly swaps all the way to the fast lane and starts going faster.

One glance over your shoulder, you lazy fucks.

If I rode a bike, I would carry a paintball gun and pop all the close calls. Nothing like some paint on a vehicle to let us all know who the assholes are on the road.

If you can get a paintball machine gun, all the better.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

Originally posted by PremiumRSX

I was in Taipei for a few months, controlled chaos was all I was left thinking. The Taipei drivers are far less coddled, there is real danger on all streets so everyone stays alert.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

Yeah I've been driving Deerfoot on my work commute from Anderson RD to 64th for the last 9 years. It get worse every year. I had hoped to stay living where I'm living, but next year I am going to sell my house and move to the NW, just too much hassle.

The real problem is the lack of consequences in this Country for anything. Its no wonder no one ever learns everything. Drive like an idiot and nearly kill someone and your looking at maybe a $200 fine, or in a experience I had this spring, some idiot kid smashed into me, admits to the cop it was his fault. Consequences, not even a ticket cause the weren't any witnesses(WTF he just told you what he did).

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Originally posted by CMW403

Energy is measured in mg's now? Interesting...
    Hahaha! Thats exactly what I thought when I read this!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Modelexis
    You could try to adjust your driving, trying not to cruise side by side with cars, or try to give them room ahead or get in front of the line and lead.

Take some responsibility for the dangers of the road, being a motorcycle driver you have to be on the defense all the time, it sorta goes hand in hand.
    Yep, common sense advice they drill into you at riding school.

One thing owning a Bike and with proper training does is teach you better awareness of your surroundings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast