Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Bullying, Fuck Everything About It

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default Fuck Bullying, Fuck Everything About It

http://m.citynews.ca/news/156388/index.php

Father says boy's death result of bullying
    Sat Sep 24, 12:45 PM

The father of an 11-year-old Pickering boy said his son took his own life to escape relentless bullying from his peers.

The day before he was to start Grade 6 two weeks ago, Mitchell Wilson tied a plastic bag around his head and suffocated.

“He was an awesome kid, fun-loving, always had a smile on his face, loved to play practical jokes on people,” said Craig Wilson, Mitchell’s father.

His torment began last fall on a walk he routinely took to slow the decline from muscular dystrophy diagnosed two years ago, just a year after he lost his mother to cancer.

That evening, Mitchell had borrowed his dad’s iPhone so he could listen to music and call home about dinner. A 12-year-old boy jumped him for the phone and slammed his mouth into the pavement, breaking his teeth.

The boy was arrested the next day, charged with assault and robbery and ordered to stay 500 metres away from Mitchell, which he breached at least twice.

After relentless bullying by friends of the alleged thief, Mitchell stopped sleeping and suffered anxiety attacks. He got counselling and was paired with a Grade 8 student to protect him.

He no longer walked alone, and his mobility declined to 20 per cent over the summer.

Then on Labour Day, Mitchell was served with a subpoena to appear in court on Sept. 28 to face the boy accused of robbing him.

He took his life later that night, and his father found him in the morning.

“It’s been a nightmare,” Wilson said. “I wake up every day expecting to find him alive and smiling.”

Mitchell’s principal at Westcreek Public School said the school has gathered a book of condolence for the Wilson family from the students, and he has talked to each class individually.

“It’s been a very sad event for the school,” Keith Wainwright said. “It was a real surprise. Nothing will prepare you for something like this.”

Mitchell’s family has been warned the charges will likely be dropped when the 12-year-old goes to court next week since Mitchell will not be there to identify him. But they will still deliver their victim impact statements in the hope that he will not pick on the vulnerable again.
    Fuck everything about this.

Mitchell’s family has been warned the charges will likely be dropped when the 12-year-old goes to court next week since Mitchell will not be there to identify him.
    What kinda bs is that?!

My Ride
    2022 X2M

11 or not I would like to lay an ass whipping on the bully and everyone in his family. This story makes me sick.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Wow, that's tragic. At 11 I wouldn't even know how to kill myself.

I wonder what's going on inside the head of the 12 year old bully, can he even fully comprehend what he's done?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It is a tragedy that this is still happening. The sad fact is that it will continue to happen until the attitude of the school administrators and faculty changes and they actually acknowledge this as a problem.

Even then, there need to be actual consequences for the kids who are responsible for this. Too often it is just a day of detention or an "apology" forced under threat of suspension. The attitude of "my child would never do that" and "we dont tolerate that behavior at our school" is still alive and well in the school boards.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    my bike

I read this article on the weekend from another source, in that article they mention how the 12 year old bully's friends confronted the kid on at least one occasion asking why he was pressing charges against their friend. I suspect they were probably asking in a not so friendly fashion. Between that and going back to school to face the bully is why they suspect he killed himself.

I think it's time someone in the government gets the stones to take a long hard look at the young offenders act and either scraps it, or make a lot of changes.
    Last edited by 98type_r; 09-26-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Unfortunately even if the dad acted on his vengence and kicked the living crap outta the bully. He would still not feel the pain or emotional entrapment of the victim. Nothing will happen until video security is put in our schools and actual consequences are administered to the bullies.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

Such a depressing story. I hope something good comes out of this, but I'm not sure if this will accomplish that.

(From a different paper)
    Although they have little faith in the justice system, they are hoping for a compromise: in exchange for the charges to be dropped, they want the accused boy to be ordered to do community service for people with disabilities and — most importantly — be forced to listen to their victim-impact statements.

My Ride
    EF8

My Ride
    240SX

Being a kid now a days sucks balls.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Just my opinion, but the parents of the 12 yr old boy should be on trial for the death of the other boy.

Depending on how you are brought up and treated growing up and the influence you have around you, a 12 year old kid can have a very mislead view of the world and he should not be legally responsible for his actions.

The kid has no idea how the real world works, he broke his restraining agreement several times, a court charge is going to do nothing to fix the path his parents have led him down, it will only make other kids more afraid of him.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 09-27-2011 at 06:50 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by SkittleFreak
    Being a kid now a days sucks balls.
    Sadly It's always been that way.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Once a proud stroller, Mitchell walked less and less. His mobility decreased and he needed more help to accomplish tasks that had once been easy.

For the first time in his life, his father says, Mitchell was beginning to foresee a time when he could no longer walk. “That in turn created more depression, more anxiety.”

Mitchell became prone to uncharacteristic emotional outbursts, fights with his parents and temper tantrums.

When a few weeks after the alleged attack he said he would rather kill himself than continue to go to school, Wilson and Mitchell’s stepmother, Tiffany Usher, sought counselling and psychiatric treatment.

But their son would not open up about his feelings and treatments were unsuccessful.

As the summer wore on, Mitchell became increasingly anxious.

But Wilson is reluctant to attribute his son’s suicide to any single factor.

He thinks Mitchell had post-traumatic stress — exacerbated by the bullying — as well as a deepening depression about his disability.

“It was a combination of everything that ultimately caused Mitchell to take his own life.”

Wilson is also hesitant to blame Westcreek Public School for the torment his son suffered. The principal removed the accused mugger as soon as he was charged, and paired Mitchell up with an older student mentor to protect him.

“But schools can always do more for disabled kids,” Wilson added, shrugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

I use to get bullied a lot when i was in elementary school and never did anything about it until i was in Junior high. I remember this guy on my hockey team (6"3 190 pounds) told me not to be scared of anyone. I remember i was suspended for 3 days for beating a bully up and giving him 3 stitches on his lip and 2 broken teeth. After that, no one ever bullied me.
    I'm going to teach my Son the same thing. Anyone bully's you, bully them back...If the touch you, break their teeth.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    09 Lancer Ralliart

Congrats Mr. Bully you picked on a handicapped kid.

Someone better get him an application for the police force or to be a bouncer.
    Originally posted by hurrdurr
    I wouldn't gamble with a DP on one of these.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Fuck. This is one of the many reasons why at 3 I'm looking at putting my daughter into martial arts. None of that sissy karate or judo crap. I'm talking like Krav maga or maybe Muay Thai.

Anyone bullies or assaults her, I want her to be able to hand them their arm back.

Edit: I see aikido is offered in my area to little kids. Woot!
    Last edited by codetrap; 09-27-2011 at 08:13 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by R!zz0
    I use to get bullied a lot when i was in elementary school and never did anything about it until i was in Junior high. I remember this guy on my hockey team (6"3 190 pounds) told me not to be scared of anyone. I remember i was suspended for 3 days for beating a bully up and giving him 3 stitches on his lip and 2 broken teeth. After that, no one ever bullied me.
    I'm going to teach my Son the same thing. Anyone bully's you, bully them back...If the touch you, break their teeth.
    they say dont teach violence to your kids, but i was in the same situation until i was 12 and ill be damned if my son is going to get bullied.

im not going to teach him to beat people up, just to make sure he doesnt get beat up. however, if he ends up being a bully, hell get an ass whoopin.

sad story, i hate hearing this shit.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by R!zz0

As soon as you don't become an easy target the bullys will most likely stop. And if not, you have some persistent mother fuckers that need to be taught a couple more times.

On the other side of things, if I ever find out my future kid(s) bully, they will NOT get off easy.
    Last edited by -relk-; 09-27-2011 at 08:18 AM.

The problem with beating bullys up is that it teaches kids to use violence to deal with conflict. When they grow up, there will still be bullys but they will be much more subtle. Getting violent would not be smooth (and would have legal consequences). I think it's best just to help your kids be as confident as they can be. Bullys don't target confident kids.

My Ride
    '10 Civic

The whole controversy of bullying is definitely a mixed bag of issues. I think its best for schools to invest more in bully prevention programs. Hopefully they can use this kids story to prevent similar situations.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
    The problem with beating bullys up is that it teaches kids to use violence to deal with conflict. When they grow up, there will still be bullys but they will be much more subtle. Getting violent would not be smooth (and would have legal consequences). I think it's best just to help your kids be as confident as they can be. Bullys don't target confident kids.
    While I agree that using violence to solve problems of violence is the worst thing you can do, this shouldn't be confused with self defense. Even if a violent action is taken in defense of the self this is not to be condemned. I would not advocate turning into the bully yourself but I would strongly advocate the defense of the self by rational means.

This doesn't mean if you get pushed in the playground you should go home and grab a shotgun, it simply means that in the moment you are fully right in defending your person, with violence if necessary.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast