Default cops blocking off panamount hill

Anybody know what happened?

Child was hit by a car.
    ---

My Ride
    Grimace

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

In a related story, I was going home on Coventry Hills Way on my bike through the Covepark playground just south of the school when the guy in front of me slows down and stops at the crosswalk because theres a little guy crossing the street. I was just entering the playground zone going north and this silver alero is in the right lane.. She doesn't slow down at all. Just keeps booking it around 50-60 and blows through the playground zone just missing the kid as he's walking in front of the stopped car. She missed that kid by inches. I thought for sure I was going to see that little guy get killed.

All I could see in my head was that kid could have been my daughter, and I was SOO angry. Once the kid was out of the way I booked it and caught up with the woman. She was driving kindof erratically like she was lost. She finally pulled over and I pulled up beside her and boxed her in and told her exactly what she had done. She had absolutely no idea at all. She tried to say that I was exaggerating and I think the look on my face convinced her to shut the fuck up as I might drag her out of her car and beat her to death in front of her kid. Yes, she had a little kid in the car too, maybe 3-4 years old, no car seat, not even a seatbelt. Kid was just bouncing around the car.

Fuck I was angry with her, but I'm pretty sure I made my point as she looked pretty damn scared, and rightly so.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by codetrap
    In a related story, I was going home on Coventry Hills Way on my bike through the Covepark playground just south of the school when the guy in front of me slows down and stops at the crosswalk because theres a little guy crossing the street. I was just entering the playground zone going north and this silver alero is in the right lane.. She doesn't slow down at all. Just keeps booking it around 50-60 and blows through the playground zone just missing the kid as he's walking in front of the stopped car. She missed that kid by inches. I thought for sure I was going to see that little guy get killed.

All I could see in my head was that kid could have been my daughter, and I was SOO angry. Once the kid was out of the way I booked it and caught up with the woman. She was driving kindof erratically like she was lost. She finally pulled over and I pulled up beside her and boxed her in and told her exactly what she had done. She had absolutely no idea at all. She tried to say that I was exaggerating and I think the look on my face convinced her to shut the fuck up as I might drag her out of her car and beat her to death in front of her kid. Yes, she had a little kid in the car too, maybe 3-4 years old, no car seat, not even a seatbelt. Kid was just bouncing around the car.

Fuck I was angry with her, but I'm pretty sure I made my point as she looked pretty damn scared, and rightly so.

Noone ever slows down at that playground...hopefully once the school opens people will be more careful.

But I doubt it.

My Ride
    B6 A4, NA MIATA

Originally posted by PD77

Noone ever slows down at that playground...hopefully once the school opens people will be more careful.

But I doubt it.
    schools have been open for almost a month

Originally posted by illtim3d

schools have been open for almost a month
    The school I am referring to is still under construction and not open yet.

My Ride
    POS

good job bro .
    she deserve to be yelled at or even call the police to report as danagerous driving especially she have a kids(assuming a mom already).
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default but I'm pretty sure I made my point as she looked pretty damn scared,

I am in that area too and I see this all the time (people blowing through the school zone) I have lately (thankfully) seen an increased police presence in the area with radar finally! From me and my fam thanks Broseph! BTW was she a whitey?

My Ride
    W204

Hmm I would've called the cops on her for failing to provide a car seat or booster for her little one. Sure karma will catch up to her but no one wants to see anything bad become of either the kid of his/her mom.

Sucks for the kid that ran out in front of the car. If they succumb to their injuries, the driver might have a lot of issues down the road. I know I would.

Lesson: parents, teach your kids road safety.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: but I'm pretty sure I made my point as she looked pretty damn scared,

Originally posted by bourge73
    I am in that area too and I see this all the time (people blowing through the school zone) I have lately (thankfully) seen an increased police presence in the area with radar finally! From me and my fam thanks Broseph! BTW was she a whitey?
    Yeah. Paris wannabi. Big sunglasses, screechy voice.. *shudder*.

I going to file on the police website for a traffic Sergeant to add more cops to that area.

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/sections...vice-form.html

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I feel bad for the 17 year old kid. It sounds like he was driving responsibly and had no chance to avoid the collision. That would suck to end up killing a little kid

My Ride
    RS4, RDX, F430

You think parents would teach the kids to not run out in the damn street.

Originally posted by 2007RS4
    At 8 years old I kind of agree with you, but for younger children they can be very unpredicatable and sometimes no matter what you teach them their instincts will still take over and get them into trouble.

I was at the park with my daughter last night and watched a kid who was easily 11-12 run right into the path of a car to get his soccer ball. He didn't even notice there was a vehicle coming until they honked the horn. That kid needs to give his head a shake before he loses it.

Originally posted by 2007RS4
    nope, the duche at the end of my street puts up traffic signs saying his kids are playing, I rarely see the father and our street looks like a garbage dump cuz theirs toys are everywhere.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    8P 3.2

There is a guy on my in-laws street who puts up "Slow down, kids at play" signs too. And there is the recent story about a police supported project that had kids paint pictures on the street to remind drivers to slow down because, apparently, the street is a playground. Playing is what back yards are for. There needs to be a social push to try and get entitled parents to realize the street is for cars. Not kids. When I was a kid I played in the yard, had my quarter-pipe skate ramp in the garage and had an unshakeable fear of the street that my parents put in me...and I lived on a cul-de-sak.

Go to a school, any school, in Calgary during the morning when kids are being dropped off at school and you'll know how parents set bad examples for kids all the time. Parents double parked, making illegal turns, and worst of all jaywalk with their kids, and stepping in front of moving traffic blindly while jaywalking... it sends all the wrong messages.

Kids on my street also plays on the street with little supervision and the parents put up Slow sign that strangely look like a sign that is stolen at a construction site. I absolutely agrees with a push to get playing kids off the street.

Default Re: but I'm pretty sure I made my point as she looked pretty damn scared,

Originally posted by bourge73
    BTW was she a whitey?
    What's a whitey???
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I might drag her out of her car and beat her to death in front of her kid.
    WTF? Do people even realize the type of shit that they type out on here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast