Quantcast
Distributel Internet? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Distributel Internet?

My Ride
    ...has a CVT :(

Default Distributel Internet?

I received a flyer last night from Distributel promoting their internet service. I'm currently a Shaw customer and have a cheap one-year bundle offer ("high-spd" 7.5Mbps internet + home phone basic for about $36 a month). I'm coming up to the end of the year and if I chose to continue, this combo is gonna cost $59.

I do plan to ditch the home phone (who uses landline nowadays?) and revert back to internet only at which point it'll be $49.

Distributel offers 7.5Mbps for $44 and 25Mbps for $50. I'll either spend $1 more to get a lot more speed or save a few bucks a month.

I've read some reviews about Distributel online but it seems they've been quite hit and miss out east (GTA area). They seem to be a new player in Alberta and so I would like to know if anyone has any experience with them out here.

Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Don't konw much about them, but shaw has restructured alot of their internet plans recently, so if you will be paying that much for that slow of internet, you should double check their new pricing bundles.

Also, Telus has 25mbps for 34/month for first 6 month, $54 thereafter (no contract necessary), so if I had to choose between a noname company and telus, i would go telus (i have telus internet, switched from about 10 years with Shaw, like it alot more, much more reliable for me)

My Ride
    ...has a CVT :(

eblend,
    Thanks very much for the reply. Yeah, I think I'll look at what Telus has to offer and go from there; even though I do like Shaw's customer service. After reading other threads re: Shaw vs Telus customer service, it seems that Telus has improved compared to a few yrs ago and Shaw's deteriorated. So it might be worth it to give Telus a shot this time round.