Quantcast
Why do you care about politics? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do you care about politics?

My Ride
    Nothing

Default Why do you care about politics?

In the end it's same old same old.

Taxes go up, spending goes up, quality of service goes down and one group gets dicked over.

All that really changes is which group gets dicked over.

It's impossible to have real change, so why care
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

They're all crooks... just pick the lesser evil.

My Ride
    RS4, RDX, F430

I hate Liberals and the weak that follow them.

Default Re: Why do you care about politics?

Originally posted by M.alex

It's impossible to have real change, so why care
    Because then you'd be able to say things like 'taxes have actually gone down in the past 15 years' even if it doesn't seem like it.

What's "real change" BTW?

Taxes and even governments are near irrelevant when you have a banking system that can devalue a US dollar 3x in three years.

So yes, politicians are becoming increasingly irrelevant as time goes on, much like a postal worker.

Politicians can only play with a little bit of power, but have next to no control over actual money. Canada has no control over its money, our dollars are Imperial dollars. IE: Controlled by the Brits, to ensure "honesty", which at one time was used as an oppression tool (colonial currency requires non-fictitous dollars) but now its seen as honest money.

If you want to blow stuff up (Like Rob) that is one of the reasons you would be concerned about politics, the social and economic issues are mostly out of their control.

Its like the law back 35 years ago had a parking ticket violation of $1 (an exhorbitant fine back then) The only reason we need the politican to change the law - is to change the dollar amount of the violation, because its the main thing that politicians cannot control. I figure by year 2020 - we will see a minimum $1,000 parking ticket violation. And as hence we still need the politicians to determine fair punishments.

Sort of like how its fair punishment according to Hollywood, to fine you $250,000 for copying a DVD.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traff...fornia2011.asp As always, fines in California tend to frontrun other states and countries like Canada by a few years.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-02-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

We are like pawns on a chessboard complaining about what the king, queen and bishops are doing, completely oblivious to the chess players making those moves.
    Last edited by BigMass; 10-02-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-06-2019 at 02:50 PM.

The sky isn't falling - yet.

Its just that the "wealth effect" isn't working anymore. Too many people are in the consumption industry, and there are not enough people making the 232 kilograms of corn to fill their 50 litre gastanks.

Not only that - but since the US is at a Debt to GDP of almost 100%, they have to make 464 kilograms of corn to fill someone elses tank in debt payments.

In Alberta we are in the one place on earth that might come out of this relatively unscathed. The rest of the world might be crucified soon. From the Californian unable to pay for gas to the poor African who has to do without food to fill someones gas tank.

And you can't really attribute or blame the govt for that. It was in many ways just pure random luck that we have oil under our feet.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...22230-439.html
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-02-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

I don't care. Its a waste of time.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

why do you like cars?

In the end, they're all really just a box with an engine on wheels.

They all drive, have wheels, and get us from A to B, and take our monies...

We don't have a direct input on the what comes out next, so why care?

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Because despite what you want to think, your can make a diffrence.

Because despite what you might think, we are privileged to live in a Liberal-Democracy that allows for us to question government, free from persecution that has sent many modern nations into despair due to unchecked authority.

The Westren world industrialized without any outside help and got to where it is today because hundreds of years ago the people of the West questioned government and conventional wisdom and philosophy, instead of saying "it doesn't matter, nothing is going to stop me from being a surf, nobody or group has the power to challenge the king, the clery and noblemen."

An idea is only successful when it is embraced by the population, if people didn't have any intrest in the happenings of the world in the past and a piss-poor cynical attitude we would probably still be living in stone homes shitting in buckets, eating nothing but potatoes everyday and dieing at 30.
    Last edited by Maybelater; 10-02-2011 at 10:54 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by swak
    why do you like cars?

In the end, they're all really just a box with an engine on wheels.

They all drive, have wheels, and get us from A to B, and take our monies...

We don't have a direct input on the what comes out next, so why care?
    Because they're a status symbol. The faster/cooler the car you have, the cooler you are.

Hah
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I get into it because I feel its my duty to moderate the abundance of bad information that leads to trend voting. the fact that a politician needs only to change their marketing platform to get dumb tweens out to vote speaks ill of a lot of you wildly stupid early twenties/late teens who get *told* they're informed because they listened to one candidates platforms.

Wow, and I reeeally thought i was smart in my early twenties

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    an econo box

It's funny, most people care more about federal politics even though it has the least impact on your life. The more local the goverment the more impact ie: municipal>provincial>federal. In Canada municipal elections have brutal turn-outs compared to federal elections.

The only time I really pay attention to federal politics is if the Liberals or NDP have platforms that would plunder the West for the benefit of Ontario and Quebec and they actually have a shot at winning.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Why shower? you're just going to get dirty again anyway?

In the end, everyone has to find something to give their lives meaning. Some people spend all their energies on cars and hoes, but banging a few broads and slapping some hella flush wheels on your civic doesn't actually "change anything."

With Canadian politics, you vote may or may not actually matter. Some people, myself included, like those odds.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Audi

One of the things I enjoy about it is that it's a great networking activity.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

How can you say there's no point after the last federal election. Look what happened! There was an enormous shakeup of the political scene. The liberals got absolutely hammered, the bloc doesn't exist anymore and the conservatives got there first majority since before chretien. I'd say that's pretty profound changes and we're already seeing the consequences of that. Pick an issue and we can point out changes that are happening that directly affect every canadian.

I don't care about politics, but I feel sorry for those who allow it to negatively affect their lives, and dubious towards those who are enriched by it.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

(╯°□°)╯︵ suɐıɔıʇıןod

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

We need solutions and brute force isnt really an option on the table, although I feel citizens should own guns in the house.

I think we need to convince our neighbors from the grass roots level to try to sustain themselves and not be at the mercy of our rulers.
    From simple things like growing perennials (grows on its own) in front lawn gardens, to owning multiple luxury RV (van conversions [Sprinter extended vans]) houses joined together or cabins for housing.
    Maybe saving up to go as far as building cabins on bought land and using geo-thermal energy from the ground to be secure in your home and not a have to work like a worker bee and support the military dictatorship that runs our world.
    Last edited by Arash Boodagh; 10-03-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast