Quantcast
Nexus Prime - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus Prime

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by Kavy

Its not bad at all, only real difference is the Samsung Build doesn't have a few apps (like Google wallet) and tends to be less bug prone then the Google one (IMO). I am currently using a 4.0.2 that I compiled and the battery has been unreal good for the last 3 days.

There will probably be a slight delay in OTA as that has been the case in all OTA's so far except the volume fix. However I would imagine the delay would be 2-3 days difference only.
    I was sure none of them came with google wallet....I have it on mine and it doesn't work in canada
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by TurboMedic

I was sure none of them came with google wallet....I have it on mine and it doesn't work in canada
    Market enabler. I got my free $10! You do have to use market enabler every time you want to use it for now however.

Originally posted by spike98

Market enabler. I got my free $10! You do have to use market enabler every time you want to use it for now however.
    I've tried this method and it installs fine but when I go to run it I get this message:

'Not Supported

Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device / carrier.'

Am I missing something?

Originally posted by dr_jared88

I've tried this method and it installs fine but when I go to run it I get this message:

'Not Supported

Unfortunately, Google Wallet has not yet been certified in your country or on your device / carrier.'

Am I missing something?
    It works for me. I side loaded the wallet apk then enabled market enabler to set it up. I selected tmobile as my carrier to spoof. Worked first try.

It works for me. I side loaded the wallet apk then enabled market enabler to set it up. I selected tmobile as my carrier to spoof. Worked first try.
    I didn't read the part where it states you need 4.0.1. Upgraded to 4.0.2 and it worked! Got my free $10, now to go test it at Tim Hortons.

This afternoon's coffee was on Google! Worked wonderfully!

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by TurboMedic

Works fine for me i have used it at least 10 times since i got the phone. Seems to be working for others in the thread too .

Maybe try the suggestions they gave on getting it to work my worked on first boot with the google ICS.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

How is the ringer volume on this phone? The Galaxy II X is pitiful compared to my old Blackberry, as is the vibration despite it being maxed out.

Also when you guys are talking about a notification light, is that an app or is there a physical light on the phone?
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers

Also when you guys are talking about a notification light, is that an app or is there a physical light on the phone?
    Physical light on the phone located at the bottom under the smoked glass. You can't see it unless its blinking. There are applications in the works to control the LED based on the type of notification as well as it is a RGB light and can flash different colours....think nexus one!

How is the ringer volume on this phone? The Galaxy II X is pitiful compared to my old Blackberry, as is the vibration despite it being maxed out.

At first I thought the ringer volume wasn't very good because the speaker is on the back of the phone near the bottom. That was probably my largest single complaint when I got it...I was really worried alarms wouldn't wake me up. Two things helped immensely:

1) Buying a case (otterbox commuter). This keeps the speaker elevated off the surface and doesn't muffle it. Or, you could put your phone screen-down so the speaker faces up (again, you can do this with the otterbox and not hurt the screen).

2) Getting different ringtones than the included ones. I've found ringtones on Zedge (awesome free app for ringtines, notifications, and wallpapers) that are WAY louder and way cooler than the included tones.

So, after I got a case and some better ringtones, the speaker is capable of WAY more than I thought it was out of the box. It's easily as loud as any iPhone or other phone now, if not louder.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-21-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Anyone know why Google Currents doesn't work on the Nexus? I wanted an app for reading e-magazines and that seemed like a good one. I know I could use a PDF reader but it seems like Currents helps get you the material as well.

Also, does anyone know a good App for scanning and storing business cards (not as contacts, but in a "rolodex" within the app)? CamCard looks like the best one but it doesn't work on the Nexus (crashes when you tell it to auto-recognize the picture of the card you just took).

And still no 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 OTA upgrade.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

http://www.androidaudiohacks.com/

Download Volume+, I cranked it up to +11 and i actually have to turn the phone down 3 levels because its too loud.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Woooooooo just got my Nexus. Never opened box.

Going to figure out google wallet tomorrow.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    GT TDi

the phone is really good you will like it coming from android, it was like going from the magic to the n1, same thing this time around coming from the n1

a few small bugs, but i hope they get sorted out

-custom ringtones don't repeat
    -if i lose signal strength where there is weak reception it won't come back unless i reboot phone

there was one more i noticed but i forget now
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

So just have been reading about Google Wallet. I really would like to pick it up. Figure I may try to root and upgrade to 4.0.2. I am just not sure if I should wait until 4.0.3 instead?

Originally posted by Cos
    So just have been reading about Google Wallet. I really would like to pick it up. Figure I may try to root and upgrade to 4.0.2. I am just not sure if I should wait until 4.0.3 instead?
    Cos, 4.0.3 is out on a few custom roms already. Root & Recovery that bitch!

Cos, 4.0.3 is out on a few custom roms already. Root & Recovery that bitch!
    Okay Im going to read on XDA. The whole reason I wanted this phone is so I wouldnt rom it. So much for that.

Originally posted by Cos

Okay Im going to read on XDA. The whole reason I wanted this phone is so I wouldnt rom it. So much for that.
    This is what i am currently running:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402341

Its essentially ASOP 4.0.3 with some added tweaks. Its in beta right now so there is pretty much a new release daily.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Cos

4.0.3 is still pretty buggy. There should be a few better builds out next week when its on public release vs ASOP and people can use a proper gapps package. I would suggest something from Roman or from Peter Alfonz

I would suggest Android Rev 2.1.2 and XXKK6 radio. Good speed and 24+ hours battery life.

XXKK6 radio is what Google suggests for all 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 Roms regardless of location due to its ability to deep sleep and active signal switching. It stays on 3G till you use data then enables HSDPA to allow a great mix of battery savings and data speed.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

This is what i am currently running:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1402341

Its essentially ASOP 4.0.3 with some added tweaks. Its in beta right now so there is pretty much a new release daily.
    Looks really good. ASOP is the stock google operating system right (not the one touched by Samsung?)

Also is this how you rooted?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352004

Originally posted by Kavy

4.0.3 is still pretty buggy. There should be a few better builds out next week when its on public release vs ASOP and people can use a proper gapps package. I would suggest something from Roman or from Peter Alfonz

I would suggest Android Rev 2.1.2 and XXKK6 radio. Good speed and 24+ hours battery life.

XXKK6 radio is what Google suggests for all 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 Roms regardless of location due to its ability to deep sleep and active signal switching. It stays on 3G till you use data then enables HSDPA to allow a great mix of battery savings and data speed.
    Hmm thanks for that. Which Rom do you suggest then? I was also looking at this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1361348

Edit: I cant find 2.1.2 is why. I can only find 2.1.1

Oh and for anyone else trying to follow this. This is the link to the radio:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=XXKK6
    Last edited by Cos; 12-22-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast