Quantcast
Tested some SUV's.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tested some SUV's....

Default Tested some SUV's....

My dad and I went out and drove 4 cars today, we are looking to replace our Minivan in a while...

We tested:

GMC Yukon Denali - well I have always loved this car, huge V8 engine, very comfortable and roomy, lots of great options and solid overall performance - $58,000 (dealer was clearing them out)

Cadillac SRX - amazing interior, good performance, really nice features and handling, but the braking was awful, and I think this is out of the running for that reason - $60,000

Volkswagen Toureg - pleasent ride, great brakes, the V6 was underpowered and had to rev really high to find any real power, V8 model is too expensive, V6 model is around $63,000

Audi Allroad - Nice and roomy, adjustable ride height, full time AWD, very quiet with good power from the 2.7 litre BiTurbo engine, solid braking and good handling - $64,000

We are also planning to test the FX35, the Volvo XC90 and the Nissan Pathfinder Armada.

so far the Denali is the leader in the 'truck' class, while the Allroad is the best of the 'crossover' class...now we just need to decide which class of car we want, lol

Very fun day though, I love testing cars....

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

i looked at alot of the same SUV's before i bought mine.....(ml320) personally id get the fx45 in black, saw one yesterday, damn sooooo nice.....think its has stock 20 inch wheels

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    4cyl turbo diesel with a max speed of 10.9kmh

Denali

CONCRETE PATIO SPECIAL, PM ME FOR DETAILS!

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Test drive the Mercedes ML350 or ML500 if you want V8 power.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

the SRX is suppose to be one amaizng car!!

we also checked out the FX35 while we were car shopping back in Aug, and it was VERY nice, but so hard to resist from the FX45.

You might want to take a look at the Volvo XC 70. Its a lot like the Audi Allroad, only a little less power and no adjustable suspension as well as over 10 grand less. It pulls our 3000 lb boat/trailer pretty well.

The XC90 starts at 55 grand for the 2.5T, though you might find that a little underpowered (the XC70 has the same engine, but is lighter) The T6 (2.9 twin turbo I6) starts at 62 grand.

The FX35 is an incredible deal though, with an incredible engine even though its a base model... though the FX45 will also be in your price range. Make sure you test both.

The Tourag is such a rip off when you build it up with the good options... you can get it close to 80 grand I think.
    Last edited by T5_X; 01-24-2004 at 08:57 PM.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

Personally, I think I'd go with a Tourag, but the newly redesigned X5 is a great SUV too.

I drove most of the big SUVs out there before buying mine, and really loved the X5 4.4i (lightyears ahead of the Mercedes ML and other direct competitors IMO), the performance of the Cayenne S/Turbo (but not the looks or cheap feeling interior) and absolutely love the Tourag, especially the V8 version.

The Cayenne is about to be release in V6 form, which might not be a bad choice to consider in the class you are looking at, although as I mentioned, I hate the interior. The performance is amazing though.

here is some more info:

our budget is basically $60,000, which is why the Benz and the BMW wont work. The Audi is actually a very nice car, very underrated, fast and quiet and just really smart. I am telling you, on the SRX, the brakes are TERRIBLE....but otherwise that Caddy is nice. The Denali was pretty cool all around, usually we would never think of such a big beast, since we dont do any towing, but we need something we can take on long trips and something that can handle some snow when we head to the mountains. The Toureg is $85,000 is you put on the V8 and the basic options....yikes

I cant wait to test the FX35, since my family already owns a G35 sedan. I have heard it is a great car, but if we did get the FX, we would skip the 4.5 litre engine. I think 280hp is more than enough for an SUV that size, and 20" do nothing but make the ride poorer and cost a sh!tload to replace rims or tires...

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default GO VW

Go with the Taureg man, I think it's the best out of the SUV's you listed.

Neverthless I still think that the Nissan Xterra is the most kick ass SUV on the market.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

lol, the Toureg is weak on power, very weak, and we're not paying $85,000 just to get the V8, for that money we could get a Lexus GX470 (or whatever their middle class SUV is)

We are also going to test the Acura MDX...

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Default Re: GO VW

Originally posted by g350z

Volkswagen Toureg -

Originally posted by T5_X

The Tourag.

Originally posted by E36M3
    Personally, I think I'd go with a Tourag, .

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    Go with the Taureg man, I

lol, the Toureg is weak on power, ..

ummmm, its TOUAREG!! lol
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Default Re: Re: GO VW

Originally posted by James

ummmm, its TOUAREG!! lol
    Haha, you didn't even bother to read the posts before quoting! Only 2 out of the 5 were supporting the tourag choice!

My Ride
    AI Servo

Default Re: Re: Re: GO VW

Originally posted by T5_X

Haha, you didn't even bother to read the posts before quoting! Only 2 out of the 5 were supporting the tourag choice!
    No, that's not what he meant. He's correcting their spelling, not facilitating the decision.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: GO VW

Originally posted by turboMiata

No, that's not what he meant. He's correcting their spelling, not facilitating the decision.
    LOL, I feel like an ass now

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

why dont u guys look into the RX330. we got ours loaded w/ sunroof, 18inch rims, hydrolic (sp?) suspension, HID that turns during corners, and stuff like that for ~ 62k off the lot

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Got try the Bmw X5

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Mercedes-Benz ML

you guys...the BMW and Benz are too expensive, we wont be able to put any options or they would go way above our budget. The RX330 looks like a good choice, but its quite expensive again, and not all that exciting, I will report back here after I get back from testing the MDX and FX and whatever else we test...

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Are you going to try the Pacifica AWD or Dakota? I'm interested to hear a personal opinion on that since, so far I've only seen magazine reviews. Plus if you are replacing a minivan, both have the same seating capacity as one, just with the abilities of your typical SUV.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

you guys...the BMW and Benz are too expensive, we wont be able to put any options or they would go way above our budget. The RX330 looks like a good choice, but its quite expensive again, and not all that exciting, I will report back here after I get back from testing the MDX and FX and whatever else we test...
    dahahahaha man some ppl dont read the rest of the posts before they post.. guys he said the BMW and BENZ are TOO expensive and his limit is 60000.
    go test out a 4 runner or a pathfinder.. im personally in love with the pathfinder..
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast