Quantcast
macbook pro or pc laptop - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: macbook pro or pc laptop

Originally posted by b_t

I record and edit videos and audio on a Windows PC and it works perfectly fine. It's probably better than it would be on a Mac just because both computers are so much more powerful than comparable Apple products.

"Amazing for creative workflow?" What the fuck does that even mean?

viruses vs Windows & Mac. It takes a lot to actually get a virus.. the most common way of getting one is using unsafe computing practices. A functional adult is more than capable of keeping their Windows system virus free. If you get a Mac you are paying a 25% (minimum) price premium to insure yourself against your own ignorance.
    +1

Its honestly been years (at least 3) since I have used any anti-virus at all. Anti-spyware tools are important though, but then again they tend to be free.

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

7 computers in 11 years? no wonder you never had any repairs, they hardly made it out of warranty.

Who says I sold ANY of them? I didn't. My mom has my old iMac, still runs, my step dad has another, still runs, my old MBP is my media centre...STILL RUNS, I have my MBA, current iMac and Mac Pro all running fine doing what they do daily for me. Comment on that, Mr. Quip.

Originally posted by b_t

I record and edit videos and audio on a Windows PC and it works perfectly fine. It's probably better than it would be on a Mac just because both computers are so much more powerful than comparable Apple products.

"Amazing for creative workflow?" What the fuck does that even mean?

viruses vs Windows & Mac. It takes a lot to actually get a virus.. the most common way of getting one is using unsafe computing practices. A functional adult is more than capable of keeping their Windows system virus free. If you get a Mac you are paying a 25% (minimum) price premium to insure yourself against your own ignorance.
    Probably better? So much more powerful? LMAO, nice fucking bench racing. So "knowledgeable" yet you don't know what creative workflow is? Really?

As for your virus and "25% premium" garbage comments, I lol'd.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Fuck such a useless argument, and a useless thread. Apple fanboys will always drink Apple juice and Windows fanboys will always clean Windows.

Whatever. Buy whatever one makes you the fucking happiest.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I love watching fanboys justify things.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Probably better? So much more powerful? LMAO, nice fucking bench racing. So "knowledgeable" yet you don't know what creative workflow is? Really?

As for your virus and "25% premium" garbage comments, I lol'd.

Well Mr. High and Mighty, could you please educate me as to what "creative workflow" is and how the Mac does it better?

I'm just a lowly scientist that doesn't tend to create much workflow.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I assume the creative workflow is - I have shit I want to combine into something creative. so my workflow is, I record all the stuff, save it as files on my hard drive, and then use a software program to put it all together into something that hopefully resembles what I wanted to make in the first place.

yup can do that on a PC just as well as you can on a Mac.. my audio interface is plug & play, my software works on Windows or Mac (but the lead platform is Windows) and after I installed it that was that.

and bench racing? are you serious? this isn't cars... there is no debating what computer will be faster than another one.

my laptop was $700 plus $200 for the 120gb SSD. I just checked out the Mac Store.. a 13" Macbook Pro with almost equivalent specs costs $1,650us and then the thing doesn't even have a graphics card at all, something you straight up can't get in a 13" Macbook. So it couldn't game, period, whereas my cheap ass laptop somehow runs tons of games maxed out at a solid 60fps. LO fucking L.

Apple fanboys really are something else

My Ride
    Silverado

lol yup...
    performace/dollar macs get the bell rung
    some things i do like are the aluminium construction, the backlit keyboard. the battery life, the speakers. nice screen. when i bought my iphone at the apple store the 'genius' had to open windows on his mac activate my phone.. that made me LOL.i played dumb and made him explain why windows was on his mac..

Wow this thing turned into a giant shit fest quick. We all have different needs so there's no need to harp on people that chose the mac, likewise if you believe a windows laptop delivers more performance for less price cant fault you for buying a product that best suites your needs. I wasnt looking for someone to tell me buy this or that, I just wanted to get input from people who were buying a similarly spec'd laptop be it windows or mac.

Ive been looking at some of the asus ultra portables, http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...4%28ME%29.aspx looks nice but its a bit above my price range. In terms of specs it pretty sweet considering it comers with an ssd. Im not feeling the all aluminum look and there are no reviews of this thing yet. Just waiting for a hot deals, havnt seen any that I felt I had to jump on. Wish I made the thread a bit sooner, might have gone with the asus that was on sales at staples, that was a good deal.

Sorry about that, OP.

Last edited by ZorroAMG; 10-16-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3