Quantcast
Replacing Block Heater Cord - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Replacing Block Heater Cord

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Replacing Block Heater Cord

Is this easy to do? Canadian tire has cords that they sell right? Are they all pretty much the same? I don't know what the plug in to the block heater looks like.. if anyone has information about this let me know. My plug got fux0red so i have to replace it. Thanks.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default ,

I'm not sure that you can replace the cord, it depends if the power cord plugs into the block heater or is encased inside of it. You may have to take the block heater out of your car, open it up and put a new cord in place of where the broken one is now.

Who knows you might even need to buy a new block heater, how did you cord get "fux0red", whatever the hell that means.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    V167

not sure of how hard it is to do this on a civic but when I had to do it on the pathfinder it was NOT fun to install. It's not hard or anything, its just getting your hand up into SUCH a small place and trying to plug it in (it's like trying to plug something into a wall socket when there is JUST enough room to plug it in) I ended up removing the drivers side tire and then my dad had to reach his arm through the plastic cover in the wheel well and then somehow manage to plug it in (my arm was not long enough )

I THINK most plugs are the same but don't quote me on that, installation is annoying.....not difficult by any means though

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Ok thanks guys. I don't think it is encased in the block heater, so it sounds like it will just be a bitch to get the end that plugs into the block heater plugged in.

BTW it got fucked because it was dragging on the road
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    06 Legacy GT

You could always just throw another plug end on the cord....if there is enough to do so. That is a nice quick fix that isn't hard to do at all.

Originally posted by 97GSR
    You could always just throw another plug end on the cord....if there is enough to do so. That is a nice quick fix that isn't hard to do at all.
    It's so much cheaper to do this. Replacement plug ends are available at any hardware store.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

It's so much cheaper to do this. Replacement plug ends are available at any hardware store.
    hmm didn't think of this. Anyways, i looked at it, and i didn't think i could get to the plug since it was behind the block in an obscure place below the TB. So i paid my mechanic $20 and he gave me a new cord and changed it for me. Thanks for the help guys.

My Ride
    V167

yeh if your CABLE was not wrecked you could have just slapped another plug end on there.....

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

damn oh well, a lesson learned i guess.