Quantcast
Car Wash Locations - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Wash Locations

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Tried the carwash in Brentwood again by Kilkenny... Even worse!!

They're definitely diluting the soap down to barely any suds and have an on/off timer on the soap dispener into the wands. Can barely clean the car and tried the foam off the brush (yes, I know swirl marks) But even that foam is diluted.

$/min has also gone to $2 for 2min. What are other places? I figure $2 for 2.25 min is norm.

Another guy in there was arguing with the Chinese attendant/owner. He couldn't get more money out in time before the timer ran out. Had to put in another $2 rather than one more dollar. I know it's minor but the guy refused to do anything for him. Even though obviously, he had already spent $2 or $4 on his wash.

Go elsewhere!
    Head to Northmount and 40th Ave, Western Pride Car Wash, it's not that far away from the Brentwood car wash and much better.
    I like neat cars.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Wow. You guys should try the Shell self serve car wash in Deer Ridge (east on Canyon Meadows). I've been using it for about 15 years, never had a complaint. Foam is thick, reasonable times, big enough bays.... no issues at all. Timer starts when you take your ticket when you first go in, pay for it as your leaving...

Mind you with our crew cab 3/4 ton silverado, the bays are a bit small for a ginormous truck like that, but meh. .....
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 10-29-2015 at 08:42 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by lasimmon
    Anyone know of a wand wash place neat Kensington that you can use a credit card to pay? Hate the ones where you need change.

Thanks.
    Try the new carwash beside the regal beagle off 14th street. I believe it takes credit card.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    For anyone working in the SE Foothills Ind. area, there's a little 5-bay wash just east of 52nd on 56 Ave SE.

Not sure what it's called, (Supreme, I think) it doesn't even show up on google but it's there and it's always empty.
    Used it a few times, always quiet but seems expensive for how long you get.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Originally posted by mr2mike
    One on Kensington Rd (Centex) between Crowchild and 19th St. Forget exact location but it's so well lit, you can't miss it.

Probably takes CC as it's newer.
    Fail! Doesn't take CC, also provided a terrible wash.

Why does Calgary have the worst car washs in the world?????

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by lasimmon

Fail! Doesn't take CC, also provided a terrible wash.

Why does Calgary have the worst car washs in the world?????
    Probably because we need to use them every 45 minutes and its illegal to wash your car at home lol.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Originally posted by GenerationX

How is the drier at the top gear car wash? I've tried the one on Centex, it didn't really do much haha.
    I haven't tried it yet but I saw a guy come out yesterday and looked pretty dry. I think I'll try it next time. Freaking water spots drive me nuts.

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

Originally posted by BlueHaloGirl

LOL I was thinking the same..love not having to wait for a bay!!!
    I actually got a tour of the place my first time there!!! WOW
    Also I can second this statement. Best car wash in the city I think. Love that I can pay by CC and not have to rush to beat the clock. Love all the options they have and that they even have vacuum and driers in each bay.
    Kind of out of the way to find but such a great large, clean and brand new facility.
    They have an automatic wash tunnel that you have the option of touchless or the brushes. They also have a detailer on site during the day and a drive through detail/wax machine. I find the amount of soap to be great and consistent and not hard to remove. Their turtle wax is also great and lays a decent amount on when you apply it. I roughly spend around $6 to wash my car in the bays.
    Agreed. I was in on the weekend and tried it out, then ended up doing the entire fleet. I'm sure it's going to get much busier as the word gets out but I think they deserve it. Super friendly staff.

I haven't tried either of the automatic options or the detailing services, but the wand wash is outstanding. Deepest bays I've seen, good lighting so you can see what you're doing, and the water pressure is excellent. The spot-free rinse is more of a medium pressure compared to the light mist you get at other places. I don't know if the wax is any good but you certainly get a lot of it in a short time and it seems to cover well. The water pressure really makes it for me, as it's so much easier to rinse quickly and clear the soap between cycles, and thus do a thorough job in a short time. I'm sure it would lift chipped paint if you got too close so be warned.

They also have an option at the kiosk where you can purchase a wash card in a certain denomination and get a bonus depending on how much you spend. I got a $50 card and got a $5 bonus. Not a huge deal but nice if you have multiple cars or wash one car frequently. Another nice feature was that you can use the kiosk to get a printed receipt if you pay by CC.

Highly recommended.

EDIT: Removed inaccurate information regarding proximity of other wand washes.
    Last edited by gogreen; 01-12-2016 at 02:40 PM.

My Ride
    NB8C

Originally posted by gogreen

I live in Coventry (lousy with auto washes but nary a wand wash to be found) and was driving all the way to Crowfoot to use the Big Bucket.
    -Johnny B's
    -T&T

And Sudsy's Hawkwood > Crowfoot Big Bucket for time/$

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

^Thanks, didn't know about those ones.
    Last edited by gogreen; 01-12-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Last edited by know1edge; 08-16-2018 at 09:57 PM.

^Thanks, didn't know about those ones. I suppose "few" wand washes would have been a more appropriate statement.
    You have 2 wand washes within a 5 minute drive lol Man you Calgarians like to whine. Johny b's is probably the best ive used when it comes to pressure and time.

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

You have 2 wand washes within a 5 minute drive lol
    Negative. Apparently it's up to 3 now.

Negative. Apparently it's up to 3 now.
    even worse lol wheres the 3rd? try johnny b's though, the pressure is very good

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

k1l4m mentioned T&T which would be the third in addition to Johnny B's and Top Gear. Not really complaining about the selection, just wasn't originally aware that all of them existed and always thought it odd that there were so many automatic washes in the area, and in such close proximity.

But thanks, I'll have to give Johnny B's a try to compare.
    Last edited by gogreen; 01-13-2016 at 10:14 AM.

k1l4m mentioned T&T which would be the third in addition to Johnny B's and Top Gear. Not really complaining about the selection, just wasn't originally aware that all of them existed and always thought it odd that there were so many automatic washes in the area, and in such close proximity.

But thanks, I'll have to give Johnny B's a try to compare.
    I'm just trying to fit in on beyond and shit on everything lol, my whiner remark was purely in a joking manner.

I gave Top Gear's wand wash a try today. As mentioned, it's very good because of the new equipment and technologies. But because they dropped their prices on their automatic washes vs what they advertise on the website, it's actually cheaper to go through the automatic if you are washing anything larger than a car. I wish the screen in the bays told you how much you are at for $ charged so far, it only tells you after you press stop. No coins are accepted at the bay, you have to use CC or purchase a prepaid wash card from the kiosk.

I've yet to find a well priced wand wash in the NW east of Shag, Deerfoot car wash has good pricing (technically NE still). I can do a thorough rinse off of my SUV with $2 there.

As for a 24 hour wash in the same area, I don't know of any. The one behind CT in hunterhorn is open til midnight I think, but has poor pressure, cramped and short bays and is way too expensive.

I only ever use high pressure rinse, no use to go though pre-rinse/soap/rinse/spot free etc. only to encounter a chinook a day later.

Same thing in the summer, but then I finish in the parking lot or at home with a waterless wash solution.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 02-01-2016 at 04:35 AM.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Cooked Rice
    I've yet to find a well priced wand wash in the NW east of Shag, Deerfoot car wash has good pricing (technically NE still). I can do a thorough rinse off of my SUV with $2 there.

As for a 24 hour wash in the same area, I don't know of any.
    Brentwood in front of Killkenny Pub is 24hr. Still NW and East of Shag for satisfying criteria 2

as for criteria 1: In my experience $1 gives you 100seconds of rinse which feels shorter than Hunterhorn (feels, I've never actually timed it)

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I tried Top Gear on the weekend and thought it was a great place. My only complaint (and maybe I'm getting old and weak) is that the wands are heavy and my arm was getting sore after spraying down the car.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast