Quantcast
Car Wash Locations - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Car Wash Locations

Originally posted by Pacman
    I tried Top Gear on the weekend and thought it was a great place. My only complaint (and maybe I'm getting old and weak) is that the wands are heavy and my arm was getting sore after spraying down the car.
    for Top Gear Car Wash, good service and good equipment. I like how big and bright the wand wash bays are. I had some concerns when I used the automatic wash but the owner addressed those concerns right away.

Anyone been to the new 14th Street Carwash beside the Regal Beagle?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by jacobhuh
    Anyone been to the new 14th Street Carwash beside the Regal Beagle?
    Yep, I like it alot. It's more or less similar to the other as far as cost per min but I like it since I can use my CC there. Everything's new, and its really well lit.

Not sure if it's 24 hours (I havent tried going in the middle of the night) but I prefer it to the Centrex on centre street.

Originally posted by A2VR6

Yep, I like it alot. It's more or less similar to the other as far as cost per min but I like it since I can use my CC there. Everything's new, and its really well lit.

Not sure if it's 24 hours (I havent tried going in the middle of the night) but I prefer it to the Centrex on centre street.
    Sadly it is not open 24 hours. I want to say it is open till 10 or 11PM. This is easily my favourite car wash in the NW. If you want to bucket wash then I might suggest Shell in Crowfoot. You still have to pay per minute, but the are fine with you using a bucket to wash your car unlike most car washes in the NW.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Anyone know a good wand wash around Copperfield that's open late?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    '03 S2000

Originally posted by Tomaz

I work so close to this and it is an awesome carwash.

Last I checked, you can use credit card at this location. Along with coin-op.
    You can also buy at swipe card at Big Bucket/Crowfoot ... e.g. $50 worth for $40...and others.

R
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

I've used Top Gear for their detailing service too and they did a pretty good job.

any carwashes near seton? I always end up going to douglasdale...lol
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    any carwashes near seton? I always end up going to douglasdale...lol
    You know you live far when you google Seton and find out that it's a new community in Calgary.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Are there any wand wash places in the NE that don't mind if you also hand wash while you're there?

My Ride
    V8s

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry if it's been mentioned... but where do the SW dwellers wash their cars? Looking around Aspen/Coach Hill/Strathcona area.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Tej.S
    Are there any wand wash places in the NE that don't mind if you also hand wash while you're there?
    It's west of deerfoot, but there is a place called Top Gear carwash, just off of country hills blvd and deerfoot.

I have taken my vehicles there a few times and taken my time there and brought some micro fiber cloths with me for drying and washing and they haven't had any issues with it. Brown guy with long hair owns it or at least runs it, and looks to be a car buff, as he always stops to talk to guys that bring their nice imports out to wash them.

Just go when it is not busy. I was there the other morning cleaning out the box of my truck for the better part of an hour from concrete dust after a bag exploded on me back there. spent like $10 on the wand wash, over an hour. Buddy came and chatted with me for awhile and commented on the truck being nice too.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Originally posted by spikerS

It's west of deerfoot, but there is a place called Top Gear carwash, just off of country hills blvd and deerfoot.

I have taken my vehicles there a few times and taken my time there and brought some micro fiber cloths with me for drying and washing and they haven't had any issues with it. Brown guy with long hair owns it or at least runs it, and looks to be a car buff, as he always stops to talk to guys that bring their nice imports out to wash them.

Just go when it is not busy. I was there the other morning cleaning out the box of my truck for the better part of an hour from concrete dust after a bag exploded on me back there. spent like $10 on the wand wash, over an hour. Buddy came and chatted with me for awhile and commented on the truck being nice too.
    Awesome, thanks for the informative response spikerS. Funny enough, this is the same car wash my gf keeps recommending as well haha. Will definitely check this place out.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Anyone know of a good one in Airdrie? My go-to used to be the Jet Wash on Main St...went to shit after they sold it; they dilute the soap so much that it's just faintly soap smelling water that comes out. Was washing at home with a foam cannon+pressure washer over the summer but I need to find a place now that winter's here.

+1 to Top Gear, place is awesome! Not the best $/min but you get sooooo much product coming out of the wand that it's totally worth it.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Originally posted by 90_Shelby

Head to Northmount and 40th Ave, Western Pride Car Wash, it's not that far away from the Brentwood car wash and much better.
    I'm retracting this recommendation. The owner is a douche bag.

There are 3 tandem bays, myself and one other car were there today when it was warm enough to open but still very cold out. Nobody in line, nobody behind me. He kicked me out of the car wash for wiping my car down in the car wash bay. He was rude enough about it, that he was getting in my face when I didn't immediately stop and leave when he opened the door and told me to get out. We exchanged some colorful language.

TLDR

Don't go to Western Pride Car Wash on Northmount Dr. The owner is a douche.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    2014 J150 1UR-FE

Originally posted by cjblair
    I haven't read the whole thread, sorry if it's been mentioned... but where do the SW dwellers wash their cars? Looking around Aspen/Coach Hill/Strathcona area.
    Looks like the closest Wand wash is Western Pride on Richmond Road, otherwise I only know of the various Gas station Auto Washes. Google shows another one on 17th Ave near 33rd Street called Mile Wide. Never used it or even heard of it before.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by cjblair
    Mile Wide on 17th near Mcdonalds.
    Western Pride on Richmond near the Safeway.

Both are decent, always clean and quiet during off times.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Don't bother bringing a wash mitt and using it when its quiet at Western pride...The guy tore into me.

Mile wide is miles better

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Last edited by 90_Shelby; 03-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    I like neat cars.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast