Quantcast
iOS 5.0 tips/tricks/problems - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: iOS 5.0 tips/tricks/problems

My Ride
    This and that.

That pretty much sums it all. I've only had it for a couple hours and haven't been able to activate it cause Fido was closed. So I thought, I'd try and learn about some neat features before I start using it tomorrow. Was watching a few videos on youtube learning shit. Saw this one and couldn't figure out one thing, so I thought I'd ask. Was wondering about it before as well because my blackberry had this app called drive safely which read out the messages as they came if the app was on. So thought something like that for this phone would be neat.

But, sorry to bother you so much man.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-24-2011 at 10:38 PM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

siri said she cant add contacts wtf!

how can i add contacts fast/by voice or something... they're all on my BB =(

can i update them from Facebook?

You on a pc? First sync up your BB with outlook, then iTunes will sync outlook to your phone. I'm sure there's a similar process on macs.

My Ride
    Deebee8

I'm having an issue with my iPhone since the update, anytime I try to open the photo album it just boots me back out to the home screen, I tried restarting the phone and also a hard reset but no luck, any insight?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by sabad66
    You on a pc? First sync up your BB with outlook, then iTunes will sync outlook to your phone. I'm sure there's a similar process on macs.
    ya someone suggested i do thaat too tonight, definitely trying tomorrow. thanks!

is there anyway to save photos to a diff folder or move them entirely from "camera roll"?

O wow though, get tunein radio! So sick. I'm a big music guy why didnt I go iPhone sooner. Fuck. Music is so accessible in so man ways on this shit.
    Last edited by JfuckinC; 10-25-2011 at 11:39 PM.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/inde...nid=18989&laid

i'm sure most who follow this know, but iOS 5 untethered jailbreak came out...

so far a few friends and I are running it stable...
    J

My Ride
    GSR

Can I unlock my phone for my trip to Asia, and then come home and just put the normal OS on and update it normally like before?

Yes, assuming that your phone is currently unlockable (depends on model, firmware, baseband)

Originally posted by Mys73ri0
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/inde...18989&laid

Just to clarify this is only for A4 devices not A5 devices so iPad 2 and iPhone 4S does not have it yet.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    GSR

I'm using an iPhone 4 and its got iOS 5, I'm a noob with phones so I don't know the baseband etc.

My Ride
    Axis powers

does anyone know why sometimes my phone will send a message through imessage and sometimes it will send through sms? eg blue vs green to the same contact
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by adam c
    does anyone know why sometimes my phone will send a message through imessage and sometimes it will send through sms? eg blue vs green to the same contact
    Sometimes poor reception

I really wish there was timestamps on every text, not just the most recent. Would be easy to settle arguments this way lol

My Ride
    R50

Originally posted by adam c
    It's automatic. If your recipient has iOS5, then it will be sent via iMessage. If they don't, they will get an SMS. Delivery priority is iMessage first, then SMS I believe.

Another question, should I even bother jailbreaking with 5.0? With all the connectivity to apple services (eg iMessage, iCloud), seems like they can track your device status pretty easily no?
    Last edited by cdnsir; 01-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by cdnsir

It's automatic. If your recipient has iOS5, then it will be sent via imessage. If they don't, they will get an SMS. Delivery priority is iMessage first, then SMS I believe.
    i send it to my wife, she has an iphone4, sometimes it will be blue sometimes it will be green, sometimes i will get a message saying delivered
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    R50

Data via iMessage didn't get through, so it falls back to SMS. It's 2 completely different ways to deliver the text.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/inde...18989&laid

Just did a jailbreak on my iPhone and it's running stable as well, thanks for the link!

Originally posted by trieu
    I'm using an iPhone 4 and its got iOS 5, I'm a noob with phones so I don't know the baseband etc.
    Go to settings > general > about > modem firmware
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by hurrdurr

Sometimes poor reception

I really wish there was timestamps on every text, not just the most recent. Would be easy to settle arguments this way lol
    Download BiteSMS from Cydia. It's like the normal messages app on steroids. One of the options is to show timestamps for each message. Also works great in conjunction with another app called iphonedelivery, which lets you know if an SMS was delivered (if the receiver's device supports it).

Anyone able to show me how to update my jailbroken iphone 4 version 4.1 to iOS 5 easily without losing anything?

Edit: Firmware 02.10.04
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Originally posted by sabad66

Download BiteSMS from Cydia. It's like the normal messages app on steroids. One of the options is to show timestamps for each message. Also works great in conjunction with another app called iphonedelivery, which lets you know if an SMS was delivered (if the receiver's device supports it).
    If you prefer the normal messaging system and you're jailbroke you can also d/l MarkThatMessage

and does anyone know the name of a working app that will hide the battery icon in the top right corner? If its a 'free' source link too?

THanks
    J

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Originally posted by trieu
    Any iphone 4 thats been upgraded (with stock firmware, through itunes) past 4.1 is not unlockable as the firmware has been updated. The only unlockable baseband for iphone 4 is 01.59.00 which required custom firmware or tinyumbrella in order to preserve.

and does anyone know the name of a working app that will hide the battery icon in the top right corner? If its a 'free' source link too?

THanks
    If jailbroken, download "Bolt" from cydia, removes battery icon, and a lighting bolt shows only when plugged in for charging.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast