Quantcast
Anybody make a good career out of SAIT? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anybody make a good career out of SAIT?

Another one you may want to look at (don't know if it was mentioned) is a geological/geophysical tech. I don't know the actual name of the program but I do know most (if not all) of our techs are SAIT grads. Basically you'll work with well data and mapping.

At the end of the day I completely agree with the comment that you can do what you want with any level of education. It all boils down to drive.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

What kind of money can I expect to make out of school as an EET? Right now I'm making 80k a year working forty hours a week, never ever a single hour of overtime, in town.

Originally posted by Ryan Shawcross
    What kind of money can I expect to make out of school as an EET? Right now I'm making 80k a year working forty hours a week, never ever a single hour of overtime, in town.
    What do you want to do? You can come out making 45k or come out making 120k.

If all you want is money there is that to be had but this career is great for people who are passionate about it. One thing I can say in this thread is everyone I personally know is passionate and gives a shit about how well they work. I think that is what makes these people so damned good at their jobs.

Money is always important (more to some than others) but there isnt a single timecard puncher that I know.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos

He has been here for a year or more. Mainly to follow me around and burn me in the threads.

You graduated now? What are you doing?

Wait.... so.... I wasted 10 minutes of my time explaining to you what any of these acronyms mean, that you could have figured out on your own, if you talked to anyone outside your program for the 2 years you were at SAIT or decided to go to any ASET meetings?

I thought you were some High School kid or something.
    Gear down, Big Rig.
    I wasn't necessarily talking about only me not knowing what the acronyms were for, it was for everyone apart of this thread so don't go getting your knickers in an upraor.

Originally posted by Dumbass17

Gear down, Big Rig.
    I wasn't necessarily talking about only me not knowing what the acronyms were for, it was for everyone apart of this thread so don't go getting your knickers in an upraor.
    Look at it from my point of view. People are asking for referrals on how SAIT grads do in the real world. You come in and ask for what the acronyms mean as you dont know. Thinking you are wanting to go to SAIT as well I spend time going through this thread, other threads, the SAIT website (I dont know what Mibz took so I had to look it up), and my experience to put this together for you and the other people in the thread. Then you come back in here and say you graduated from SAIT from one of the Technical diplomas?
    Last edited by Cos; 10-23-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-06-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Gear down, Big Rig.
    I chuckled pretty hard at this.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I think he is a J-man electrician, or at least has a few solid years under his belt.
    Last edited by FraserB; 10-23-2011 at 11:49 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by Cos

Look at it from my point of view. People are asking for referrals on how SAIT grads do in the real world. You come in and ask for what the acronyms mean as you dont know. Thinking you are wanting to go to SAIT as well I spend time going through this thread, other threads, the SAIT website (I dont know what Mibz took so I had to look it up), and my experience to put this together for you and the other people in the thread. Then you come back in here and say you graduated from SAIT from one of the Technical diplomas?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Wow, you guys have all kinds of odd little certification acronyms.

All I have is my MBA, er sorry rather MBWA...

(management by walking around)
    Lol did you do the Time Managment Course through Haskayne?

My Ride
    Acura 3.2 TL-S / E93 / mini-van

the process piping drafting will help right? coz it costs 16k for a 8 months course

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by conschoi
    the process piping drafting will help right? coz it costs 16k for a 8 months course
    Yes, very much yes.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

16k for 8 months lol what? That sounds farce...
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

I'm one of the luckier, higher end career statistics coming out of SAIT with a two year technical diploma. Luck, hard work and MET has done me well. As others have said, MET touches on almost all subjects so it is a good all rounder; it can help you get your foot in the door across many industries if you have the personality, intelligence and drive to back it.

In some particular instances, like management positions, some companies will be specifically looking for a CET or P.Eng designation or other management related certifications like Cos listed earlier in the thread. Once your foot is in the door, in a lot of cases although not all, it is the industry experience, knowledge and results you bring to the table vs the piece of paper backing you.
    Last edited by v2kai; 10-26-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Originally posted by v2kai
    I'm one of the luckier, higher end career statistics coming out of SAIT with a two year technical diploma. Luck, hard work and MET has done me well. As others have said, MET touches on almost all subjects so it is a good all rounder; it can help you get your foot in the door across many industries if you have the personality, intelligence and drive to back it.

In some particular instances, like management positions, some companies will be specifically looking for a CET or P.Eng designation or other management related certifications like Cos listed earlier in the thread. Once your foot is in the door, in a lot of cases although not all, it is the industry experience, knowledge and results you bring to the table vs the piece of paper backing you.
    ...and maybe 'it's who you know' ?
    haha, not trying to sound like a dick or saying for you, but it does help to know people

haha, not trying to sound like a dick or saying for you, but it does help to know people
    No doubt about this. It can't be undervalued.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Absolutely.

Not in my particular case. I've just been very fortunate being at the right place, at the right time and doing the right thing. But yes, who you know is a powerful asset in industry and the career path you pave.

Dude, I received a 52% final grade in pure math 30, and the program I'm looking at, does accept those who have at least 50% in this math.

Whew...lol.
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast