Quantcast
Who here can help a giant out? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Who here can help a giant out?

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Default Who here can help a giant out?

So, issue is Im 6'5" (not really a giant) / lean build and most of my height comes from the torso.

I cannot find clothes that fit. L size is too short, XL is like a parachute. For work, I have to go to Harry Rosen and they have the odd shirt for me every once and a while but they are $150 a pop or more.

I need casual clothes/more work attire. T-shirts, sweaters, long sleeve shirts, cardigans, jackets, etc.

Little help/suggestions of where I can go? And no, Big & Tall is not an option cause its not Big or Tall. Plus their fashion is for 45+.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

Have your shirts talored. Buy XL and get them fitted. My giant of a friend does this (He is 6'11"). He gets XXL and gets them tailored to fit his body.

My Ride
    14' 435i

i normally get LT which is Large Tall, so they are longer. im 6'3" and the ones i wear would fit your perfectly cuz they are a bit long on me..

LT i normally find at Moores

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

The best advice I got was to find a good Tailor. I am not that tall (6'), but have a long torso and monkey arms. For dress shirts even a "Slim", "Fitted" or "Tailored" fit in an XL is a parachute, but fit in the arms and neck. Buy something you like and have a Tailor take it in on the sides. I have bought a few Slim Fit from Bannana Republic that fit ok. The only shirts off the rack that have fit really well have been in the $150+ range.

For T-shirts, sweater etc I just live with the fact that something that fits me decent is going to look a little short on me, but this may be more of a problem for you.

My Ride
    See sig

Try Hudson Room from the bay, go with one from the 'fitted' collection. Don't let them measure your neck, just keep trying them on until you find a size that fits.

For your existing parachute shirts, have them tapered for $20/pop at STITCH-IT
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Ha, Yea im not going to have t-shirts/long sleeve shirts/sweaters/hoodies tailored... Im not baller or anything. Mostly searching for more casual wear.
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

It is cheaper to buy a $60 shirt and tailor it ($20) than to buy a $150 shirt that fits.

My buddy has everything tailored, t-shirts and all. He has saved hundreds of dollars by not buying the expensive shit.

He has issues with shoes tho, fucker pays $300+ on ones that fit. No $80 DC's for that guy

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Originally posted by cycosis
    Ha, Yea im not going to have t-shirts/long sleeve shirts/sweaters/hoodies tailored... Im not baller or anything. Mostly searching for more casual wear.
    I dunno, on a sweater or hoodie that you'll probably wear 100+ times over several years, it's a pretty small outlay.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Try Mexx for dress shirts, i'm 6'5"ish as well and they are pretty good. They have regular fit, semi-slim and slim.. And if you go when there's a sale it's usually pretty cheap.

Try the outlet in Deerfoot Mall even?

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

6'7" here.

Banana Republic, Mexx and Moores have all been good to me.

For t-shirts, if I get a more fitted t-shirt I can never dry it as it'll be too short (I wear a large usually, although XL is longer, they are too baggy on me). I got some plain T's from American Apparel that actually work pretty well because they are longer than most I've found.

Hoodies, I don't care if they are baggie. XL or L in something that has long sleeves. American Apparel, Element, Quicksilver all have stuff that fits good enough.

Go to Mexx Deerfoot outlet, you will be in XL and XXL shirt paradise. And sometimes, if you wait, their prices are just awesome.

Go to Winners, buy XL or XXL type of (name brand) dress shirts for ~ $30 and have them tailored. You can also find lots of casual shirts etc there as long as you are patient.

And I hear that there is this traveling tailored shirt folk that come from Hong Kong, they take all your measurements, you can place an order there or more online/over the phone. Anyways, 3 dress shirts for $160 shipped is what I've heard.

If you're in the states try JC Penny. They carry lots of tall sizes. Every time I go to the states I pick some shirts up.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

try brooks brothers outlet in CIM.

6'3", 240lbs here, not a giant, but Banana Republic and Guess always seem too work out fine for me. Now I know it's lower end and all but Mark's has 1/2 decent casual stuff, and the brands they carry are available in bigger sizes than traditionally more fashionable stuff.