Quantcast
Who's still riding?! - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who's still riding?!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

9 degrees at 9:30 this morning. Good lord this is tempting.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Anyone want to get together and ride out to bragg? I want to get my bike moved to my new house, so out 8 to bragg, then back down 22X to macleod, stopping in bragg to warm up/grab beverage. Say 1:00 meet time at the petro canada by where Sarcee and Glenmore meet?

Pace: speed limit give or take 10.

Or could just cruise town...
    Last edited by Go4Long; 01-08-2012 at 11:50 AM.

My Ride

If I would have known sooner I'd be down, just at Denny's grabbing lunch with the parents. Shitty.....
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    '19 GTI

x2.

Next time..........

My Ride
    '16 GMC HD '94 MKIV SUPRA

I couldn't resist, I took my bike out today, there was a few other ppl riding, worth it IMO

My Ride
    14' 435i

i wanna get out this weekend!

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

I've been riding all week!! As long as the roads are dry and it's above -5 I'm game!
    Awesome winter this year, the weather isn't even that bad at all.
    Vtec.... It just kicked in yo

My Ride
    WRX STI

Very tempted to put the battery back in and go for some riding this weekend...

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by unkicrackie99
    Very tempted to put the battery back in and go for some riding this weekend...
    THIS!

I had to manhadle it to get it in a space out of the way in my garage though.... Dont know if its worth it yet (probably is though )

My Ride

Just took it out for a good rip this Friday afternoon. It was 8 out, so warm enough. Battery was as weak as a kitten though, after boosting it to get it going the first stop was Blackfoot. $115 later I was good to go!
    I must say Im getting a bit tired of replacing the battery every two or so years.

Tomorrow it supposed to be 12 out, so I wanted to get the bike ready to go. I may do Banff, but I doubt it as it gets fucking cold outside of the city. The mountains are definitely no exception.

Kinda sucks for me cause I'm not even halfway thru my build. Just bought a Ballistic 8-cell battery online the other day, even our ripoff dealerships/parts warehouse can't get them yet. $160US for a 275cca LiPO, that is 1/5 the weight of my orig battery. Was cheaper than the retarded local price on a Yuasa.

My Ride

^ Can you send me a link?

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    Just took it out for a good rip this Friday afternoon. It was 8 out, so warm enough. Battery was as weak as a kitten though, after boosting it to get it going the first stop was Blackfoot. $115 later I was good to go!
    I must say Im getting a bit tired of replacing the battery every two or so years.

Tomorrow it supposed to be 12 out, so I wanted to get the bike ready to go. I may do Banff, but I doubt it as it gets fucking cold outside of the city. The mountains are definitely no exception.

Do you hook your battery up to a tender? I had to buy a new battery today as well, I had a dead cell in mine though wouldnt run or accept a charge, it was just its time!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

If weather holds I might get the bike insured and registered... Gotta do some suspension work on it and good to go.

Anybody know how easy it is or have any tips and tricks how to adjust the springs on a 06 CBR for a guy who weighs 220lbs? Guy I bought it off of pretty sure was pretty small and has the spring compressed pretty low..

my plate rubs against the rear hugger when I sit on it lol

My Ride
    Get off my lawn!

I still use my first battery from 2008. Take it out of the bike and put it in a warm dry place for the winter, plug it into the bike in the spring - fire up the bike and go! No tender, etc.

(I suspect that I might be buying a new one this year now that I've said this!)

My Ride

Originally posted by topsecret
    Do you hook your battery up to a tender? I had to buy a new battery today as well, I had a dead cell in mine though wouldnt run or accept a charge, it was just its time!
    Yeah I hooked it up once in a while, but it may have froze in this last cold snap. A week ago I hooked it back up and it went to "full charge" quite quickly; so I figured it was either frozen at some point or just past its time. Either way it didn't hold any sort of charge and needed replacement.

So far I've never believed in removing the batteries and storing them inside; but I think after two batteries in 5 years I'll be doing just that.

Shlade: Google what the factory settings are; then reset it to there and work with that. I'd suggest going to the "Factory - Hard" setting. Then you can fine tune it as you need to to get it just the way you want it.

I just modified the factory standard setting with tweaks to the rebound, as that works well with my riding style.

My Ride

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yeah I hooked it up once in a while, but it may have froze in this last cold snap. A week ago I hooked it back up and it went to "full charge" quite quickly; so I figured it was either frozen at some point or just past its time. Either way it didn't hold any sort of charge and needed replacement.

So far I've never believed in removing the batteries and storing them inside; but I think after two batteries in 5 years I'll be doing just that.

Shlade: Google what the factory settings are; then work with that. I'd suggest going to the "Factory - Hard" setting. Then you can fine tune it as you need to to get it just the way you want it.

ya its kinda weird how a battery can just crap out like that, I had a nytro (sled) that sat in my garage (unheated) all last winter, and started every couple weeks when I would take it to the mountains, never a hiccup, my friend with the same sled had a battery die in the first 2 months of owning the sled.

My Ride
    CRF450R,r6,lifted GM

rode today, it was perfect. not too cold and not too hot

My Ride
    WRX STI

Originally posted by swak

THIS!

I had to manhadle it to get it in a space out of the way in my garage though.... Dont know if its worth it yet (probably is though )
    Haha I think it will be worth it, spotted them street sweeping last night here in town.

Graham... Should have asked about the new Shorai batteries now being offered at Blackfoot.

http://www.shoraipower.com

Lithium ion battery, similar to the battery in your cell phone, 2year warranty as opposed to the one year with your Yuasa acid filled battery, life expectancy is supposed to be up to 8-10years! Can go 6 months with out being on a tender. And they are 1/4 of the weight, youll be amazed at how light they are.

Yes they are more expensive but well worth it, for your triumph it would be about $60 more for a Shorai battery.

Anyone who needs a battery for the upcoming season I highly suggest looking into one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast