Quantcast
Equifax Credit Score Report - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Equifax Credit Score Report

Default Equifax Credit Score Report

Has anyone ever tried purchasing their Equifax credit score report (from the website for $24.95)? I’ve been having a lot of trouble applying for credit cards and the answer the credit card companies always give me is that ‘your file appears to be mixed and has incorrect information’ but when I go talk to Equifax, they tell me it looks fine (after we confirm all the details).

Do you think purchasing this report would help? (For the record, I think it’s absolute BS that I have to pay to look at my own credit score)

https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/can...ale_code=en_CA

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

If they say the information is mixed etc, my bet is that you have old credit cards etc that you haven't closed. That will screw up your credit.

I mean it is stupid that you have to pay for it, however, the one nice thing is, that since you are doing the credit check, it doesn't count towards your score.

This one is 19.99 https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/can...ale_code=en_CA

but i don't know the difference?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You can get your credit file mailed to you for free, but to me, it's worth it to pay and get it right away.
    Also note, there are TWO credit rating agencies in Canada, and they may have different info at each. Get both.
    Equifax and TransUnion are the companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

If you don't care about the score, but want to see your report then it is free. You just need to fill out this form:

http://www.equifax.com/ecm/canada/EF...equestForm.pdf

If you can wait 5-10 days, you can get your report + score mailed to you instead of viewing it online, it's only $10.

Online, the $25 option gets you the Report + Score, for $20 you only get the report.
    ---

i just got mine mailed for free from transunion and it has a few mistakes, so its probably worth looking at

Thanks peeps for your help. I have requested just my report in the past but all the information is correct so it's really the score that I need to see (and pay for). Guess I'll bite the bullet and pay.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I Fucking hate how they charge you to get your own personal information! Should be illegal!!!

I know you have the option of doing it the old school way but it's still stupid.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by KaballahMadonna
    Thanks peeps for your help. I have requested just my report in the past but all the information is correct so it's really the score that I need to see (and pay for). Guess I'll bite the bullet and pay.
    If they say you have conflicting information then your should really be getting your report from both places.

My Ride
    acura TYPE A

the best one is 14/month unlimited access to SCORE & file (refresh it every day if you like) from transunion

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Everytime you apply for a credit card and get rejected, that affects your credit score I believe. So get your credit reports and see whats wrong before applying for the next one.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by triplep
    If they say the information is mixed etc, my bet is that you have old credit cards etc that you haven't closed. That will screw up your credit.

I mean it is stupid that you have to pay for it, however, the one nice thing is, that since you are doing the credit check, it doesn't count towards your score.

This one is 19.99 https://www.econsumer.equifax.ca/can...ale_code=en_CA

but i don't know the difference?
    Quick question. People checking your score affects it?

My Ride
    Nothing exciting

Yes. If lender looks at your score it will show up as an inquiry on your credit

If you want the free report both TransUnion and Equifax do it over the phone now. I found that you have to wait 2 or 3 months between moves before doing it though otherwise it says your info is incorrect.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by Cos
    If you want the free report both TransUnion and Equifax do it over the phone now. I found that you have to wait 2 or 3 months between moves before doing it though otherwise it says your info is incorrect.
    This was a problem I had, after moving I applied for a line of credit and they kept saying no because of incorrect information. Turns out when I moved they got my new address and couldn't figure out which one was the right one. I checked mine the other day and noticed that after I had it fixed they screwed it up again. It had my new address as my old address and vice versa.
    Just checked my transunion score and it is reporting 80 points lower than my score from equifax.LOL
    Last edited by johnboy27; 10-22-2011 at 09:28 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

FYI -- you game your credit score.

Certain accounts report balances at certain times of the month.

ie - you can hide debt.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell