Quantcast
Real estate agent is horrible.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Real estate agent is horrible....

My Ride
    '08 Civic SI Sedan

Default Real estate agent is horrible....

She has shown the house only once in 2 years.

The house is a 4 level finished but located in Yorkton, Sask.

My question here is can we be using any real estate agent or just local to there? Really want to switch.

Here's where it sits for now.

http://www.remax-bluechip-yorkton-sk...pe=RESIDENTIAL
    08' Civic SI Sedan | i-VTEC | SEIBON Hood | 6 Speed STS | Helix TB Spacer | P2R Gaskets | Spoon Catback | Eibach Prokit | Mugen Kit | Morimoto 4.1 Stg 3 Bixenon Retrofit Headlight | Lexus es300 retrofitted Foglights |

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Id suggest getting a new agent in that area. Call up any Local remax office and ask for one of the top agents

Id say if your homes been listed for 2 years its more of a pricing issue then anything else.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Once in two years? Ummm... I doubt it's just an issue with the realtor.

It's probably priced too high. I don't know that market, but typically if you are not getting any bites, it's because of your pricing.

It helps to have an active realtor, but if you are priced right it will garner it's own attention.

You should have a set amount of time that you are in agreement with that particular realtor to list your home. I believe the standard agreement is 90 days, but you can always extend the period based on your needs.

Have you moved ahead with any price reductions since the house was originally listed? Market conditions today are different than two years ago.

My Ride
    '08 Civic SI Sedan

The price was never listed until recently, maybe a few months ago.

Believe me, the agent is useless. I don't know what the market is like there currently, it's my parents in law. They are building a new home on york lake and want this one gone.
    08' Civic SI Sedan | i-VTEC | SEIBON Hood | 6 Speed STS | Helix TB Spacer | P2R Gaskets | Spoon Catback | Eibach Prokit | Mugen Kit | Morimoto 4.1 Stg 3 Bixenon Retrofit Headlight | Lexus es300 retrofitted Foglights |

Why wasn't the price listed? That's a critical piece of the listing, perhaps the most critical.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

houses can be listed without an asking price?

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

That's a pretty sweet house. It's like you're living in Heritage park!

My Ride
    300C srt8, Venza, F150, Expedition

That's strange,.. maybe in Sask the RE is different.

AFAIK: The Price MUST be listed in the MLS system. unless your in-laws place was an "exclusive" listing, or a "pocket" listing.

Neither is listed on the MLS, thus the odds of even having a showing are drastically reduced.

If it was one of these types of listings,.. who idea was it? But none-the-less, everyone else is right.

If the home is not priced within the current "market analysis" the odds are not in your favour for getting showings, let alone selling.

Good Luck!

I'm interested in the details of this!
    Burn some serious rubber on your Wedding Night!!

Renovating a home the hard way:
    http://propertysensei.wordpress.com/

My Ride
    '08 Civic SI Sedan

Originally posted by masoncgy
    Why wasn't the price listed? That's a critical piece of the listing, perhaps the most critical.
    I been saying that forever. I had a car for sale before, no price listed on the car. Few weeks later put a price on and it was gone inside a week.

The house really is amazing, there's an outdoor hottub in the back as well since the photos have been taking, new countertop is being put in currently and carpet instead of tiling in the finished basement.

They bought it and gutted it completely about 15 years ago and restored it to the way it's shown. I also wired Satellite (RG6) into each bedroom without drilling outside the house.

I just though it was silly it sat so long without mention. After xmas they are for sure switching agents, I just wanted to put feelers out incase somebody else can show it.

I remember my parents sold our summer home in New Brunswick years ago to buyers in Ontario, I don't really know how that deal got setup. I had been living out here by then.

It's strange considering my father in law's brother owns Remax in White Rock, BC. w/ over 50 agents under him

My Ride
    '08 Civic SI Sedan

Originally posted by barmanjay
    That's strange,.. maybe in Sask the RE is different.

AFAIK: The Price MUST be listed in the MLS system. unless your in-laws place was an "exclusive" listing, or a "pocket" listing.

Neither is listed on the MLS, thus the odds of even having a showing are drastically reduced.

If it was one of these types of listings,.. who idea was it? But none-the-less, everyone else is right.

If the home is not priced within the current "market analysis" the odds are not in your favour for getting showings, let alone selling.

Good Luck!

I'm interested in the details of this!
    Thanks, I'll keep ya's posted.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

That's going to be a tough sell in that town. I don't think anyone in Yorkton is going to pay that kind of price.

I'm not saying it's not worth it, I think it is. But I'm from there and that number just isn't realistic for the market.

If you could pick that house up and drop it on a big lot in Okotoks, I'd buy it in a second.

I saw the plaque on the front pillar. Is Mitch your father in-law? We've had family work done by him, total pro.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Jetta 1.8t

Originally posted by bspot

Thats what I was thinking too. Kinda spooky though

My Ride
    Depends on the day

My cousin has been trying to sell his place in Sask for almost 2yrs as well and he gave up recently and just decided to rent it. Almost nobody looked at his place either. He bought the nicest place in the area and even though its cheap by Calgary standards its pricey by Sask standards so he's stuck. They are a selling premium property in a soft market, so they might have to sit on it for quite sometime unfortunately
    Last edited by kvg; 10-21-2011 at 12:36 PM.

That problem is that it's a half a million dollar house in Yorkton. Half a million is an expensive house in Regina or Saskatoon. You could build a very nice house to the requirements you want for that price in Yorkton.

$458,000 for a house in Yorkton? Man you are kidding me right? What kind of job could a person possible have in yorkton to afford that house.

Originally posted by dr_jared88
    That problem is that it's a half a million dollar house in Yorkton. Half a million is an expensive house in Regina or Saskatoon. You could build a very nice house to the requirements you want for that price in Yorkton.
    My thoughts exactly.

My Ride

Originally posted by dr_jared88
    Or you could buy one of the other many homes that age in town and reno it for (probably) less money. It's still a beautiful property though.

My Ride
    RS4, RDX, F430

Originally posted by bspot
    I was going to say funeral home, but yeah.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Default Re: Real estate agent is horrible....

Originally posted by Point4Dave
    She has shown the house only once in 2 years.

The house is a 4 level finished but located in Yorkton, Sask.

My question here is can we be using any real estate agent or just local to there? Really want to switch.

Here's where it sits for now.

http://www.remax-bluechip-yorkton-sk...pe=RESIDENTIAL

What a small world. I grew up in Yorkton less than a block away, lol. I'd say the problem is price, but also the realtor. My parents used her when they sold the house 8-10 years ago and there were very few showings. Our house was larger, much more updated, larger lot and sold for under 200K (again, this was like 2003ish).

I think decor may have something to do with it as well

My Ride

Default Re: Re: Real estate agent is horrible....

Originally posted by project240

What a small world. I grew up in Yorkton less than a block away, lol. I'd say the problem is price, but also the realtor. My parents used her when they sold the house 8-10 years ago and there were very few showings. Our house was larger, much more updated, larger lot and sold for under 200K (again, this was like 2003ish).

I think decor may have something to do with it as well

Tupper Ave over here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast