Quantcast
Home Depot for carpet installation? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Home Depot for carpet installation?

My Ride
    Taco

Default Home Depot for carpet installation?

Anyone used Home depot for installing flooring? Their installation prices appear to really cheap. I did see the fine details that they charge extra for removal of old carpet and stairs cost extra but $199 to install carpet in a whole house seems cheap.

I realize their carpet is mid grade. I'm not looking for anything baller, just something new and comfortable. i just want to know if anyone had trouble with thier installers or process.

home depot uses subcontractors for all stuff

google will find many people have problems while others are satisfied

if cost is issue, you probably can find cheaper for similar quality

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

We used them. Because of a sale, AND someone forgot to change the price on a sample board (sticker was over a year old), we got the carpet for 55% off

As said, the installers themselves are contractors. They did a decent job, no complaints on their work, but they did yell at eachother the whole day, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by rob the knob
    home depot uses subcontractors for all stuff

google will find many people have problems while others are satisfied

if cost is issue, you probably can find cheaper for similar quality
    did you just fucking haiku your answer?
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Home Depot advertises cheap install rates, but then when they measure up, they're extremely heavy on the yardage, and charge through the nose for any little extras.

My sister got her whole basement and stairs quoted by Home Depot. Price was over $5,300. They said she needed 110 yards..plus pad, plus smooth edge, plus extra for this, extra for that, etc etc. A buddy of mine measured it up...she only needed around 80 yards. He installed it in one day, finished by 2:00.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Go to a legitimate flooring store with reputable installers. Home Depot should always be a last resort in my opinion.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Last time I had carpet done, I ended up going with End of the Roll on 32 Ave NE.

Best price in the city and their installers (I believe sub contracted) did a great job.

My Ride
    Taco

^^^I was really wondering about 'end of the roll'. I'll go check them out. Price is always a concern. Home Depot may be the last resort, it was just the easist place to start looking.

I used a great guy referred to me by my real estate agent.
    Good prices and his brother had the carpet store which I was able to pick my carpet from.

PM me for details if you want.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Don't do it! They are a rip off. Had my basement measured by them after paying the initial measurement fee (which you get back if you choose to go with them) and they wanted $1850 to do my basement and had all these extra addons ect, the $200 install price ended up being like $1050 from that total, and shitty carpet. Went with a guy from here, don't remember his name (in japan right now so can't check), and he did a sweet job, quickly and with much better carpet. It was one of the guys recommended on here in another thread, Andy or someething was his name I think

My Ride
    -10 F150 Lariat, -10 Fusion SEL awd

i used end of the roll and got a great price compared to home depot and they were able to get the job done sooner, and with a better grade carpet.
    C.J.

1997 TSi AWD 2.3L 6 bolt (Carillo Rods, Wiseco pistons, Cometic headgasket, ACL bearings, removed BS, FP3's, Crower springs/retainers, ARP hardware), FIC 950's, Aeromotive AFPR with SS lines, Walbro 255HP, PTE SCM61, Tial wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, short route FMIC, 3" turbo back, AEM EMS, 3 bar map conversion, BJs SMIM, 75mm TB, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, 18" Focals, Bridgestone Potenza RE040's, Tokiko suspension.

most HD carpet and tile install is done by ISO/tri-jay under sub contract

i use 2 guys (registered subs) that i trust (i have to give our clients a year warranty) and purchase direct materials (sherwin is largest)

PM and i can connect you with one of my guys
    "Drive your business, let not your business drive you" ~ Benjamin Franklin

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

I also used End Of the Roll. Went with a mid grade berber, and a very high grade underlay. They did my whole basement and the stairs and did a great job. It was around the 2G's mark installed. They were in and out in 4 hours.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

DON'T DO IT!

I PRE paid to have my carpet installed....

problems:

1. They told me the carpet was in, and that I should remove the carpet and furniture. Next morning they called and said that the carpet wasn't in after all. weeks later "it" finally came in.

2. When they came to install, we insisted is wasn't the correct color, they said that it just looks like that in the light, etc. While they were installing it, we went to home depot and got the sample board and came back and it was indeed the wrong color.

3. They had to finish installing the wrong carpet while the "right: carpet was re-ordered.

4. Big day comes, they called and said remove furniture and get ready for new carpet! They showed up while I was at work, and barged in past my wife and started Ripping up the carpet, and when they were done, they brought in the "carpet" to install, and low and behold, it is the wrong color/carpet again. Those installers had to install the wrong carpet again lol.

5. We are now in limbo, waiting for the right carpet to show up again. Our house is still all 'apart'(trim, doors, etc). SIX-6 FUCKING months later.

THOUSANDS of dollars sitting in their bank accounts. We went in and raised hell to get at least some of the money back, and they say it's their policy to only refund and monies after the install is complete. FUCKING RIPPPPP OFFF..

COLES:

Wrong carpet installed 2 times and still waiting on resolution 6 months later.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    Taco

^^^Wow thats really shitty. I've decided to use End of the Roll. They are completely up front about pricing for everything. They explained the extra pricing for stairs, transitions etc..

Glad I didnt choose Home Depot.