Quantcast
Please suggest a good keyboard - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Please suggest a good keyboard

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Default Please suggest a good keyboard

I'm on the computer for about 14 hours a day so I'm very particular about what I'm using. I'm wondering if someone can suggest to me a keyboard they've used and like with the following requirements:

- wireless
    - backlit keys
    - mechanical keys

Would I go through batteries like crazy with the backlight on all night? Are there any that are rechargeable and I can just plug them in or something?
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

K800 is what I picked up recently and the feel is great on it. Meets all your criteria but I've heard the battery life isn't the greatest. I'm on it for a few hours a day but the backlight turns off automatically when your hands aren't very close or off the keyboard itself!

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I have a G15, meets all criteria but wired. Nicest feeling keyboard I've ever used, and it has my music controls on it so i don't know how I'd function without those haha..

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by msommers
    K800 is what I picked up recently and the feel is great on it. Meets all your criteria but I've heard the battery life isn't the greatest. I'm on it for a few hours a day but the backlight turns off automatically when your hands aren't very close or off the keyboard itself!
    Ron from Winnipeg writes:
    Strength:
    I have had the keyboard for a week now and so far I love it. I bought it for the illuminated keys but didn't want the corded version. Has a good solid comfortable feel to it. Battery life seems excellent so far. It came out of the box fully charged and after a week still indicates full charge.

Weakness:
    None so far.

Summary:
    Great keyboard.
    Does it take batteries?
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Good point, does the K800 have music controls?
    I figured out it doesn't take batteries from the Memory Express page.

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

G15, awesome keyboard, switchable backlight. Wired though - still not a fan of wireless keyboard/mice.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

If you don't mind wired get the Razor Blackwidow Ultimate. Best keyboard I have ever used period!

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Unfortunately I do my work on a projector so my computer could be 15 feet from me in the opposite corner of the room. I can't use a wired setup.

My Ride
    W204

14 hours a day? I'd go wired and mechanical... Though the clickity-clack isn't for everyone. I've got a Das Keyboard and love it. If you're on there for 14 hours a day.. Man a membrane keyboard is going to feel like shit in half a year, especially a Logitech; they always start out feeling great and then half a year letter just start feeling "sticky". And does it have to be backlit?? Those are only for folks who can't type...

[edit] LOL ok reading > me... how the fuck do you spend 14 hours a day in front of a projector?? LOL that'd drive me insane!!!
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by Mar
    Unfortunately I do my work on a projector so my computer could be 15 feet from me in the opposite corner of the room. I can't use a wired setup.
    USB extension cord, trust me, going thru that many batteries is NOT worth the money spent.

I just got myself a Logitech G110(Wired) and have been happy with it so far.

Originally posted by clem24
    14 hours a day? I'd go wired and mechanical... Though the clickity-clack isn't for everyone. I've got a Das Keyboard and love it. If you're on there for 14 hours a day.. Man a membrane keyboard is going to feel like shit in half a year, especially a Logitech; they always start out feeling great and then half a year letter just start feeling "sticky". And does it have to be backlit?? Those are only for folks who can't type...

[edit] LOL ok reading > me... how the fuck do you spend 14 hours a day in front of a projector?? LOL that'd drive me insane!!!
    I agree... I just don't think three is such a thing as wireless, backlist & mechanical...

I use a Razor mechanical (Widow), I've used the Das and the Steelseries... but I prefer typing using the actual clicky responce from the "BLUE Cherry alps keys" rather than black or brown that are switches as well, but don't give the tactile feedback.

honestly, backlist? really? who looks at their keyboard when they type? The Das comes with blank keys for a reason!

but the Razor has a ultimate widow that has backlit and rubber coated version of mine... its nice, but $129 which may be a bit price, concidering I bought mine for $59 when memx had a sale.
    also wireless just isn't really a convenience.

I know the Razor is a "gaming" keyboard, but I much prefer typing on it... or otherwise just typing on my laptop keyboard, as those membrane keyboards are all terrible
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 10-28-2011 at 05:03 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by clem24
    And does it have to be backlit?? Those are only for folks who can't type...
    I'm a programmer, it makes it easier to find the {}[]';":/?.>,<\| keys which I use every couple of seconds. Typing words is easy.

Wired would still be a huge hassle with an extension cable because I'm sat on a couch with the keyboard on my lap so I find it constantly tugs and tries to pull my keyboard onto the floor. Plus I put my feet up or want to lay the keyboard behind me when I'm watching a movie. There's lots of moving around in the dark so someone would trip over it.

Is the K800 mechanical? I like the idea of the removable USB charging cable.

This keyboard is the Tits, i use one at work, and at home. It's the only one I can easily type over 100 WPM on with only 2 fingers. Also it has big CTRL and ALT buttons for playing COD haha.

Microsoft Ergonomic 4000: