Quantcast
Fuck Bell Mobility - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Bell Mobility

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Exclamation Fuck Bell Mobility

So my sister has an iPhone that she bought outright from bell mobility, paying full price(not under contract)!!! She just got an new 4s and wanted the old phone unlocked so she could give it away to her niece who is expecting it and has been so excited! They won't unlock it! Just because her phone is on a different network, she cannot use the phone! Their excuse..."Apple doesn't let us" Then why does Fido allow this unlock for a fee of $50???? My sister would gladly pay that to pass on this useful device to someone who has been looking forward to it for so long! And Apple seems to have no knowledge of this rule that they supposedly imposed on Bell Mobility customers! This is their way of limiting a customers choices. Making it so you cannot switch from one network to another! My Sister is now thinking of switching over to a network that doesn't try to trap its customers, even though she has been a loyal customer for a number of years.

My Ride
    changes every year

Telus does the same thing, they dont have the unlock codes for the iphones.

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

Every provider is like this, not only Bell. Isn't it fairly easy to unlock an iPhone? I usually unlock my phones for like $5 using an eBay code.

My Ride
    00 Protege

That the Canadian market. For the longest time phones with Internet capabilities were altered and held back from their true potential so they could bill you on a per page basis.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    Telus does the same thing, they dont have the unlock codes for the iphones.

Originally posted by bastardchild
    Every provider is like this, not only Bell. Isn't it fairly easy to unlock an iPhone? I usually unlock my phones for like $5 using an eBay code.

I phoned fido when I gave away my old iPhone and they did it over the phone for a $50 charge

My Ride
    Bicycle

The quicker we can train people to only buy unlock phones, the quicker we get rid of telco's hold on the market.

Locked phone and contracts are evil.

I have no idea about the iphone but i agree with the duck bell part. Im sick of these guys and their shirt network.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

I got a iphone unlocked through bell. They WILL do it. They have rules around it however. Phone must be activated for 30 days and you must pay the fee which i believe was $75.

The problem is that with 90% of the CSR's don't know what they hell you are talking about when you want to unlock it. I had to keep calling and calling to get it done. Also, use the story that you are making a trip to somewhere and want to use the phone on a local carrier and you must unlock it to be able to do that. It helped when i was trying to explain to the CSR.

Just be persistent.

My Ride
    is Invisible

You know, there is plenty of tutorials on youtube that describe the process.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by spike98
    I got a iphone unlocked through bell. They WILL do it. They have rules around it however. Phone must be activated for 30 days and you must pay the fee which i believe was $75.

The problem is that with 90% of the CSR's don't know what they hell you are talking about when you want to unlock it. I had to keep calling and calling to get it done. Also, use the story that you are making a trip to somewhere and want to use the phone on a local carrier and you must unlock it to be able to do that. It helped when i was trying to explain to the CSR.

Just be persistent.
    ive never seen or heard of bell or telus doing this since the iphones from apple come unlocked and he ihpones you buy through carrier arent so they dont carry the codes.

i know that with telus mobility strictly, however i was almost positive bell did the same thing. how/where did they have the codes to unlock it?

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

ive never seen or heard of bell or telus doing this since the iphones from apple come unlocked and he ihpones you buy through carrier arent so they dont carry the codes.

i know that with telus mobility strictly, however i was almost positive bell did the same thing. how/where did they have the codes to unlock it?
    They aren't codes. Im assuming they add the phones serial number or IMEI to an apple database of phones that are allowed to be in an unlock state. You sync to itunes, itunes queries the server and the device becomes unlocked.

It is MUCH more reliable than a software unlock (jailbreak/ultrasn0w) and its permanent. Also newer iphone 4 basebands cannot be unlocked at the moment.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Telus does it for $50 and Bell for $75. Just have to keep calling till you get a CSR that's not an idiot.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by spike98

They aren't codes. Im assuming they add the phones serial number or IMEI to an apple database of phones that are allowed to be in an unlock state. You sync to itunes, itunes queries the server and the device becomes unlocked.

It is MUCH more reliable than a software unlock (jailbreak/ultrasn0w) and its permanent. Also newer iphone 4 basebands cannot be unlocked at the moment.
    sorry, all other phones have codes t unlock so im used to saying codes, that is what i meant. regardless, i know Telus definitely doesnt have access to it so im wondering why bell does.

Default Re: Fuck Bell Mobility

Why not save the money and do it yourself, its not that difficult to do. Here's some information on how to do it http://www.unlockiphone4help.com/. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by kvg
    So my sister has an iPhone that she bought outright from bell mobility, paying full price(not under contract)!!! She just got an new 4s and wanted the old phone unlocked so she could give it away to her niece who is expecting it and has been so excited! They won't unlock it! Just because her phone is on a different network, she cannot use the phone! Their excuse..."Apple doesn't let us" Then why does Fido allow this unlock for a fee of $50???? My sister would gladly pay that to pass on this useful device to someone who has been looking forward to it for so long! And Apple seems to have no knowledge of this rule that they supposedly imposed on Bell Mobility customers! This is their way of limiting a customers choices. Making it so you cannot switch from one network to another! My Sister is now thinking of switching over to a network that doesn't try to trap its customers, even though she has been a loyal customer for a number of years.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by rage2
    Telus does it for $50 and Bell for $75. Just have to keep calling till you get a CSR that's not an idiot.
    true and false, like i said they do have unlocking codes for all other phones but not the info for the iphones.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

My sister talked to 4 csr's. 2 after she talked to Apple and they still refuse! I would understand if the phone was purchased under contract but it wasn't.

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

Just jailbreak it... holy fuck
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I suck with computers!!!!

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by ClearBluewater
    Just jailbreak it... holy fuck
    like everyone knows how to do this type of shit, chill out.

My Ride
    Vettel's #1

There's a lot of bitching in here about something a retard can do with $5 and 5 minutes of his time.

Vettel's #1

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast